#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    Contending now or not; it is counter productive to keep a coach in position if that coach lacks the tools / knowledge to lead you there. Even tho we want in championship mode right now it is very obvious that with a few moves and a change in attitude we can be in that position. So why not replace the coach who will not be the one to lead us there and get the one in place with the proper tools sooner.

What is there purpose in keeping the one who we can all agree will not be the guy to lead this team to a championship
    It isn't obvious.

Casey was brought in to instill a defensive identity to this team. He has failed to do that. It's time to go after this season.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      It isn't obvious.

Casey was brought in to instill a defensive identity to this team. He has failed to do that. It's time to go after this season.
      Its a mismanagement of the talent on this team, and a defensive scheme that demands so much that players check out mentally. I find it very obvious that a few moves and we can contend... With a coach that could utilize our roster better... Have a much better playbook offensively and defensively

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
        He shouldn't have gotten the contract extension. His defensive schemes are played out and his offense is non existence and relies on ISO ball.
        But, but, but...he's such a great motivator! AND he led the team to a franchise record 48 wins!!

(that's me being sarcastic)

Too bad I left the Raptors Fan Page on Facebook when I did...I'd love to see how those homers are handling this shit (especially all those idiots who were saying the Raptors could play anybody in a 7 game series...especially Golden State in the Finals...LOL! Typical Toronto sports fans).
        Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Jan 18, 2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Alright, try to come up with a coach that is available that you'd replace Casey with.

It's not easy. Mark Jackson or Mike Malone aren't the kind of coaches you fire Casey for.

I wonder if Jeff Van Gundy will ever coach again.

Comment

• Something needs to happen. Players have no confidence.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
              Alright, try to come up with a coach that is available that you'd replace Casey with.

It's not easy. Mark Jackson or Mike Malone aren't the kind of coaches you fire Casey for.

Do assistants count? If they do, Nate McMillan would be cool.

Comment

Alright, try to come up with a coach that is available that you'd replace Casey with.

Yes they are. Casey is a terrible coach. The list of coaches you dont replace him with is very short. Outside of Monty Williams and Vaughn any other coach is better. Even Karl and D'Antoni have a system. I don't like the system but they do preach playing a style that accomplishes something. Casey is terrible in-game and his schemes offensively and defensively are retarded. His greatest skill is winning enough games with a good roster to entice a better coach to takeover.

Comment

i'd prefer mcmillan or mike dunleavy

Comment

• I'll say it yet again...
                    #BringBackButch

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Yes they are. Casey is a terrible coach. The list of coaches you dont replace him with is very short. Outside of Monty Williams and Vaughn any other coach is better. Even Karl and D'Antoni have a system. I don't like the system but they do preach playing a style that accomplishes something. Casey is terrible in-game and his schemes offensively and defensively are retarded. His greatest skill is winning enough games with a good roster to entice a better coach to takeover.
                      I'd add D'Antoni and Karl anyway. D'Antoni's also seemed like a complete prick in how he deals with his players, especially with how he talks about them in the media.

Mike Brown and Woodson we'd have a team that's really similar to Casey. Only concerned with D, with lots of iso and uninspired offence. Yeah, our D is broken so maybe a fresh take would give it a boost...but our O would look similar, and possibly get even worse.

I don't want a one-way coach. Even if it is better than the no-way we're getting at the moment.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Gah! No. We're not replacing Casey with guys like D'Antoni that have a known ceiling/limitations. Why the hell would you replace a coach with a system you KNOW doesn't work.

I've already gone through the mental exercise with active coaches. The list of better coaches in the league are coaches that aren't going anywhere any time soon. If you think replacing Casey with the likes of Vogel or Kevin McHcale or Scott Brooks or Blatt is going to change anything, you're suffering from 'the grass is always greener' syndrome.

Comment

• Actually, if I were tanking and rebuilding maybe a coach like Blatt would make sense.

I don't know what Karl would do with JV.

Comment

• well theres no way Casey getting fired during the season. Unless they lose like 20 in a row because it would make Masai look like a total fool for signing him to 3 years.
                            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• The team is lacking confidence. I think there's enough in this team to get it sorted out. Not a fan of Casey's decision of late but we just all need to be patient.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Yup .. Patience..

Guess it's safe to say 1st seed in the east is flat out unrealistic at this point.
                                2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X