#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Sorry, but i just don't understand what you're trying to say.....I don't mean to be rude.

My opinion is right there for you to read. I do believe *most* of the hate is stemming from JV's fans. I see it after every game.
    I think JV's usage continues to be one of the most consistently visible 'issues' when evaluating DC as a coach, which is what is leading you to assume such a correlation.

If you were told that Player-X had recorded a double-double in just 11 first-half minutes, while dominating the glass and being strong defensively, you'd assume he was playing a critical role for his team. Even with a couple turnovers, the positives of his overall performance far outweighed the impact of those turnovers. You're telling me that you wouldn't be surprised to hear that he only played 6-8 minutes in the 2nd half, despite being perfectly healthy?

DC's inconsistent handling of JV - playing time, in-game usage, 4th quarter time, etc... - is only one of many issues that cause people to scratch their head when it comes to DC's coaching.

You know very well that over the years I've been as critical about DeRozan as anybody, yet in another thread, I just made a comment that attributed at least some of the responsibility of his poor shooting night to DC's coaching decision. I questioned one of DC's decisions that had absolutely nothing to do with JV and actually defended DeRozan, which to me goes to show that complaining about DC isn't just "JV fanboys" getting their knickers in a knot.

Comment

Sorry, but i just don't understand what you're trying to say.....I don't mean to be rude.

My opinion is right there for you to read. Please don't put words in my posts. I never said how much fans on here JV actually has......Just that his fans are the ones making up most of the noise. Honestly, *some* not all of his fans are kinda obnoxious. This is quite odd for a player who hasn't done anything in this league. I do believe *most* of the hate is stemming from JV's fans. I see it after every game. This is just my opinion......hopefully the mob doesn't attack me....lol
      Don't care about JV but Casey has been with the Raptors awhile with minimal impact on defense or offense. Kidd took over and now the Bucks have a top three defense and CHA is back to top ten. Having a terrible offense is a huge price for a crappy defense too.

Comment

• DC's move don't correspond with analytic numbers or pass the eye test.

It's like he made up his mind about how to run the team before the game and the situation that unfolds in front of his eyes have no bearing on his decisions.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Bumping my own post to ask...So if by some chance Thibs gets fired, would people want us to jump on him to replace Casey?
          From a fan perspective that would be amazing if you could somehow get Thibs. But if players like Rose, and Noah are butting heads with thim (if that is what the article is saying and if there is any truth to it) then I don't know how a player like Lowry, whom has long had a reputation with butting heads with coaches will get along with him.

Not to mention if you think Casey was hard on JV and Ross, Thibs will likely be much worse.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            From a fan perspective that would be amazing if you could somehow get Thibs. But if players like Rose, and Noah are butting heads with thim (if that is what the article is saying and if there is any truth to it) then I don't know how a player like Lowry, whom has long had a reputation with butting heads with coaches will get along with him.

Not to mention if you think Casey was hard on JV and Ross, Thibs will likely be much worse.
            Bulls players aren't butting heads with Thibs but each other. Gasol, Mirotic and Brooks arent exactly lockdown bulldog defenders

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I think JV's usage continues to be one of the most consistently visible 'issues' when evaluating DC as a coach, which is what is leading you to assume such a correlation.

If you were told that Player-X had recorded a double-double in just 11 first-half minutes, while dominating the glass and being strong defensively, you'd assume he was playing a critical role for his team. Even with a couple turnovers, the positives of his overall performance far outweighed the impact of those turnovers. You're telling me that you wouldn't be surprised to hear that he only played 6-8 minutes in the 2nd half, despite being perfectly healthy?

DC's inconsistent handling of JV - playing time, in-game usage, 4th quarter time, etc... - is only one of many issues that cause people to scratch their head when it comes to DC's coaching.

You know very well that over the years I've been as critical about DeRozan as anybody, yet in another thread, I just made a comment that attributed at least some of the responsibility of his poor shooting night to DC's coaching decision. I questioned one of DC's decisions that had absolutely nothing to do with JV and actually defended DeRozan, which to me goes to show that complaining about DC isn't just "JV fanboys" getting their knickers in a knot.
              Well.....to be honest. You are actually one of the most clear headed JV fans on here. I would even stop short of calling you a JV fan boy. You make some reasonable points.

Demar had an awful game last night and didn't need to be defended. He just needs to get his legs back (the back to back really affected him). However, the length of Giannis was a huge factor as well.

I'm a huge fan of Demar and i don't think Casey is to blame for his performance last night....

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Third point is that without a coach Free Agents wont sign since they have no idea of the system they are signing into. Knicks and Lakers had to scramble to find coaches during the off-season and in the Knicks case hired Phil to keep Melo. If MU fired Casey, Lowry would have been a later signing and possibly signed by Houston. If GSW had to resign Curry they wouldnt have fired Jackson. Having no coach deters Free Agents.
                Except we're saying it's a shitty system (or no system). If that is true, wouldn't Kyle rather play for a system that at least might be good? Or any system other than Casey's.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post

Thibs actually has done fine with young players, so I'm far from convinced he'd be worse for Ross and JV.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Except we're saying it's a shitty system (or no system). If that is true, wouldn't Kyle rather play for a system that at least might be good? Or any system other than Casey's.
                    Without a coach there is nothing to sign onto. Its also a timing issue since hiring a coach takes time. Mark Jackson was terrible but GSW wouldn't have made a coaching move if they had multiple free agents including a UFA.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Isn't this really the perfect system for Kyle and DeMar? If I were them I'd love Casey. They can jack up shots all they want and there will be no repercussion.

Comment

Well.....to be honest. You are actually one of the most clear headed JV fans on here. I would even stop short of calling you a JV fan boy. You make some reasonable points.

Demar had an awful game last night and didn't need to be defended. He just needs to get his legs back (the back to back really affected him). However, the length of Giannis was a huge factor as well.

I'm a huge fan of Demar and i don't think Casey is to blame for his performance last night....
                        I just thought that the idea replacing Ross with GV, thus bumping DD to SF (defended by 'Po and his length), didn't exactly put DeRozan is a position to succeed. Had he replaced Ross with JJ, DeRozan would have had a far more favorable matchup that he could have attacked and exploited, while also putting a real SF in the lineup.

My real point was that not all the complaining about DC revolves around JV. The inconsistent treatment/usage of JV just seems to be the most glaringly obviously example, especially in a season that is caught between "compete now" and "develop the young core".

By saying that anybody who complains about DC is a JV fanboy, you're simplifying the coaching issue and ignoring any real problems, while also trolling JV supporters. Not exactly the most effective way to make a point or stimulate discussion.
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jan 20, 2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• The change in fortunes for the Raptors had little to do with Casey and a lot to do with Masai. It was Masai who made the Gay trade, and that's when the team took off. If Masai felt Casey was/is inept enough that he would cost us a playoff berth or even a first round exit this year while Coach X is sitting out there who would get us to the 2nd round or ECF, what backlash would there be? Masai knows his job security is directly tied to the success or failure of the coach, so why wouldn't he make the change?
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• If this doesn't work, can we #LynchCasey?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Without a coach there is nothing to sign onto. Its also a timing issue since hiring a coach takes time. Mark Jackson was terrible but GSW wouldn't have made a coaching move if they had multiple free agents including a UFA.
                              You don't know that Jackson would have been retained You're just making shit up to support your point..

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Bumping my own post to ask...So if by some chance Thibs gets fired, would people want us to jump on him to replace Casey?
                                TBH, no. Much rather have a Pops/Budenholzer type that keeps players fresh than a coach who treats players like rented mules, no matter how good they are as a coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X