#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangles wrote: View Post
    If this doesn't work, can we #LynchCasey?
    You thought this would work?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      You thought this would work?
      Thought is a past tense. Better word here is think.

Comment

TBH, no. Much rather have a Pops/Budenholzer type that keeps players fresh than a coach who treats players like rented mules, no matter how good they are as a coach.
        I'm not sure I'd want him, but I find that specific angle a lot harder to judge than it gets played out in the media or on forums.

I mean, how good has Chicago's depth been these past few years? They've had limited/sketchy depth pretty much everywhere. Between injuries and the dropoff in talent when you start to get deeper into their bench, what was he supposed to do?

Now that they have a decently deep team, the only guy averaging really high minutes is Butler...who is also young, by far their best perimeter defender and has arguably been their best player this year. Not to mention their weakest positions depth-wise are at the wing. Then after him, Pau's the next-highest at 34.9 mpg, which considering Noah and Gibson have both missed some games, is not that surprising or that bad. Noah's next at 30.5, and those are the only 3 guys over 30 mpg.

And you know what? That's usually how it is. One or two guys average near-40 mpg, and then things are pretty decently spread out. And often it's been a wing averaging the most minutes, which is, maybe not so coincidentally, the positional area they've had the most trouble building some decent depth.

So I don't know how much of the problem has been Thibs, and how much has just been a lacking roster. When he's had decent pieces to sub in, he's been fine at spreading out the minutes.

**I'm much more worried about whether his style and personality will wear on players, like it may be in Chicago right now.

Comment

TBH, no. Much rather have a Pops/Budenholzer type that keeps players fresh than a coach who treats players like rented mules, no matter how good they are as a coach.
          I'd argue Casey ran some of our guys into the ground last year.

Thibs developed Jimmy Butler, a 30th overall pick, into an elite defender and near max player. Imagine how good Ross would be if Thibs had been our coach since his rookie year.

Comment

You don't know that Jackson would have been retained You're just making shit up to support your point..
            No team fires a 52 win coach if they have the franchise player entering free agency unless there are serious issues

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-a-distraction

Comment

• George Karl will be the Raptors coach oh yes

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              The change in fortunes for the Raptors had little to do with Casey and a lot to do with Masai. It was Masai who made the Gay trade, and that's when the team took off. If Masai felt Casey was/is inept enough that he would cost us a playoff berth or even a first round exit this year while Coach X is sitting out there who would get us to the 2nd round or ECF, what backlash would there be? Masai knows his job security is directly tied to the success or failure of the coach, so why wouldn't he make the change?
              So when MU left the Nuggets he left with GK and I think he has been bidding his time until something like this starts to happen.

Mark my words, George Karl will be the Raptors next coach. Than we won't have to go through what Oklahoma Thunder are going through right now: 1) A limited playbook 2) Subpar rotations 3) Defensive schemes that run your team to the ground

WHOS WITH ME TO MAKE A PETITION TO GET GEORGE KARL IN T DOT!?

Comment

• GeorgeKarlforcoach wrote: View Post
                So when MU left the Nuggets he left with GK and I think he has been bidding his time until something like this starts to happen.

Mark my words, George Karl will be the Raptors next coach. Than we won't have to go through what Oklahoma Thunder are going through right now: 1) A limited playbook 2) Subpar rotations 3) Defensive schemes that run your team to the ground

WHOS WITH ME TO MAKE A PETITION TO GET GEORGE KARL IN T DOT!?
                Not me. I've been watching Karl-coached teams for decades. One of the most overrated coaches in the history of...maybe all sports.

**One thing that always stands out in my memory was from a piece on Billups after he got traded to Denver. In it, they discuss his joining the team and how early on in his time there, they were in a late-game out of bounds situation, and they didnt' have an out of bounds play to run. Billups called a time out and asked (basically made) Karl draw up a play because he didn't want a turnover due to a lack of set play to be the reason they lost. A coach who'd been in the league as a coach for like 20 years did not have an out of bounds set play to call...
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jan 20, 2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• The Nuggets weren't without disagreements despite their success, but Karl downplayed reports that there were issues over how little he played young investments like JaVale McGee. There weren't discussions about player rotations, and though he admitted to some tension with general manager Masai Ujiri (who is now with the Toronto Raptors), it was nothing out of the ordinary.

"I think Masai (Ujiri) and Josh both thought it was easy to win," Karl said. "It is not easy to win."

"I had felt since the trade deadline that Masai and Josh were over here and we were here and it seemed like we were getting further and further apart," Karl said. "But I thought it was just my paranoia and just coaching. It seemed like I would piss them off with what I said in the papers or how I handled the game or whatever. But the harmony of our team, I thought, was in a very good place."
                  I personally doubt we sign George Karl
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                    If this doesn't work, can we #LynchCasey?
                    No, because were not racist. Are you?

Comment

• Would you not agree that MU is a great GM?

Other GM's are actually scared of going into a meeting with the guy.

GK left because MU left.

George Karl took a subpar team and built conference champ out of Denver. They would never make the next level because of how selfish a player CA is. But you cannot deny that George Karl is one of the best, if not the best coach out there.

And not to mention friends with our very own MU.

GK: Career NBA 1887 1131 756 .599 187.5 185 80 105 .432

DC: Career NBA 393 185 208 .471 -11.5 7 3 4 .429

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                        No, because were not racist. Are you?
                        In light of MLK it should be possible to lynch a black man due to hatred of his character and not the color of .... saying lynch is racist.

Comment

Would you not agree that MU is a great GM?

GK left because MU left.

George Karl took a subpar team and built conference champ out of Denver. They would never make the next level because of how selfish a player CA is. But you cannot deny that George Karl is one of the best, if not the best coach out there.

Do you actually believe this?
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            I'd argue Casey ran some of our guys into the ground last year.

Thibs developed Jimmy Butler, a 30th overall pick, into an elite defender and near max player. Imagine how good Ross would be if Thibs had been our coach since his rookie year.
                            Meh.

DeRozan became an all-star under Casey. Lowry became Lowry under Casey, one of the best PG in the game. And JV i think is doing just fine. People needs to be PATIENT. The guy is only 22. Needs to MATURE. Needs to improve on his post up game, defence, and needs to be stronger w/ the ball.

As for Ross, always see him as a role player since he was drafted. And i was right. His struggles this year has nothing to do w/ Casey.

Next.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Do you actually believe this?
                              GK was fired because his teams played like the Raptor early in the season. Tons of shots no passing and no defense.

Comment

Would you not agree that MU is a great GM?

GK left because MU left.

Karl to me always felt like a great regular season coach. Couldn't deliver much in the playoffs in the new NBA.
                                As well with Denver you have the advantage of running a high octane offense and gassing your opponents into easy wins (which only works in the regular season when players don't give it 110).

Comment

Working...
                                X