#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    So you didn't say that anybody who complains about DC is a JV fanboy, but you did say that it's the JV fanboys who are bringing all the anti-DC drama? Is there a difference between A and B?

The whole point is that there is far more to the anti-DC rhetoric than just JV-related criticism, but you appear to have JV-blinders on.
    Yes, there is a difference and your intelligent enough to tell the difference.

I have JV blinders on?? This all coming from the guy who admitted having Demar blinders on. The pot calling the kettle black? I remember a time i had to force my fingers not to type "hater" or "silly pro tanker".....Regardless, that was the past. Now you're supposed to be an unbiased mod. I appreciate that the transition may be tough.

You seem to have me pegged all wrong. I too complained about Casey in the past (especially after his "come hell or high water" comment regarding Andrea Bargnani).

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

I have JV blinders on?? This all coming from the guy who admitted having Demar blinders on. The pot calling the kettle black? I remember a time i had to force my fingers not to type "hater" or "silly pro tanker".....Regardless, that was the past. Now you're supposed to be an unbiased mod. I appreciate that the transition may be tough.

You seem to have me pegged all wrong. I too complained about Casey in the past (especially after his "come hell or high water" comment regarding Andrea Bargnani).
      Can you please explain what Casey's doing right?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        The good citizens of the district of DeRozan are petrified that if Casey is fired a new coach might come in who emphasizes team ball and frowns on ISOs for long 2s with 16+ seconds on the shot clock.

A coach who expects the same level of effort in all facets of the game from all his players.

A coach who has more than an DD ISO up his sleeve when a bucket is needed.

A coach who is flexible and adapts.

All these things petrify the district of DeRozan because they are happy with the status quo for their favourite player - to hell with the team or a playoff series win.
        Hahahaha

Awesome.

The District of DD vs. The District of JV

Jokes.

Comment

Hahahaha

Awesome.

Jokes.
          Valley of Valanciunas
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The good citizens of the district of DeRozan are petrified that if Casey is fired a new coach might come in who emphasizes team ball and frowns on ISOs for long 2s with 16+ seconds on the shot clock.

A coach who expects the same level of effort in all facets of the game from all his players.

A coach who has more than an DD ISO up his sleeve when a bucket is needed.

A coach who is flexible and adapts.

All these things petrify the district of DeRozan because they are happy with the status quo for their favourite player - to hell with the team or a playoff series win.
            We prefer DeVotees.

Anyways, this is patently wrong, at least for me. I'm pro-DeRozan because he's a good player, it has nothing to do with me being pro-Casey.

I'm pro Casey because almost every single player he has received in the past while (aka discounting Rudy Gay) has been better on Toronto than they have in their previous situation. That tells me he's been getting a lot of mileage out of a team that doesn't have all that much talent. And what I'm afraid of, is that if he is fired and a new coach is obtained, the Raptors will go right back to mediocre again because the players may not be all that good without the right coach. He gets these guys to play, and play well. That's more valuable than some X's and O's issues here and there. And don't get me wrong, there are some X's and O's issues.
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Hahahaha

Awesome.

Jokes.
              I thought it was JV fan boys?

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                Can you please explain what Casey's doing right?
                I'm waiting to see how we play in the playoffs.....sorry if i'm not going to overreact over a 10-15 game slump. It's a long season.....what matters is how we're playing once we enter the playoffs. Can you explain how we're 27-14 with such a bad coach? I guess we must have a championship roster or something....

Comment

I thought it was JV fan boys?
                  I honestly don't even think you are a JV fanboy......you just do it to troll Casey.

Comment

• I'll suggest something that could help this team chemistry, that has nothing to do with liking each other.

How about running a *Team Offense* where players actually work together? Run some PnR, run some off ball action. What happened to Horns, or our basic baseline screens we used to do. All that stuff is gone, and I'm convinced its with Thibs blessing.

And just maybe when we start working together on offense, we will find it easier to start working as a team on defense.

It seems like Thibs has just thrown care for the offense out the window and let them do whatever the heck they want as he manically goes about trying to fix the defense and probably harps on that every day.

But what he might not understand is while the offense efficiency is decent, if you have a whole team playing 1v1 selfish ball to achieve that, they probably are going to play untrusting selfish ball on defense too.
                    Bulls fan. lmao
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I honestly see no difference whatsoever between the two bolded statements.

special1 wrote: View Post
                      What on earth??? I never said that ANYONE who complains about DC is a JV Fan boy......Did you really just take it there? I really expected more from you. Dwayne Casey apparently does an awesome job of trolling JV's fanboys, so why would I even waste my time?

My opinion (and i will make it a bit harsher because you somehow missed the point) is that the JV homers are bringing all this drama so they can get a new coach for their home boy (ANY COACH).....look at the posters making the noise. Does anyone ever bring up a realistic coach whom they would like to coach this team? NOPE.....just any coach will do.
                      You seem to be stating that the only people complaining about DC are "JV fanboys", implying that the only complaints being made about DC are related solely to JV.

Myself and others have tried to explain the wide variety of issues we've had and continue to have with DC's coaching or, at the very least, the decisions/strategies that leave us lowly fans scratching our heads.

If I've misunderstood the previous posts of yours that I've quoted, then by all means please clarify your stance.

---

I appreciate you restraining yourself but, as I recall from past discussions, your desire to type such things had more to do with your inability to grasp the nuances of the points being raised by posters who you yourself decided to lump into "hater" or "tanker" groups for convenience sake.

Unfortunately, you seem to be repeating your mistake, by making "JV fanboys" and "DC haters" one in the same, to make it easier for you to turn a blind eye to the actual points being raised, rather than actually paying attention to what those you're trying to lump together are actually saying (sometimes even directly to you).
                      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jan 20, 2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Things are heating up I see lol
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I don't really understand the people advocating for Nick Nurse or Bill Bayno to replace Dwane Casey. I'll agree that our assistant coaches are FAR better than the ones we've had in previous year (don't get me started on Johnny "always smiles" Davis and Scott "Big Bird" Roth), but I'm certainly not as impressed with them as others are.

Bill Bayno, who's in charge of JV's development, has been okay. I mean, I'm not completely dissatisfied with JV's level of play in his 3rd year but I'm also not head over heels by it. Nick Nurse was the assistant coach I thought would first be grabbed by another team but I'm a bit confused at his progress as well? Last year, we turned into a solid 3-point shooting team, which I'd like to think was his influence. In fact, like many have pointed out, our offence looked a lot more fluent and team oriented last year -- and I thought this even when we went on that hot start to this season.

IMO, I think Nurse has a vast amount of proven offensive schemes but Casey ultimately has the final say on using them. This season, we aren't a great 3-point shooting team and of course have reverted to the most ISO-heavy basketball I've ever seen this team play. I couldn't believe my eyes the amount of times Lowry, Lou or whoever would hog the ball until the shot clock was at 10 and then just chuck a brick. Patterson was calling for the ball too many times when he was open and Lowry refused to pass.

I think Lowry sometimes listens to Dwane but doesn't respect him as a coach.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                            We prefer DeVotees.

Anyways, this is patently wrong, at least for me. I'm pro-DeRozan because he's a good player, it has nothing to do with me being pro-Casey.

I'm pro Casey because almost every single player he has received in the past while (aka discounting Rudy Gay) has been better on Toronto than they have in their previous situation. That tells me he's been getting a lot of mileage out of a team that doesn't have all that much talent. And what I'm afraid of, is that if he is fired and a new coach is obtained, the Raptors will go right back to mediocre again because the players may not be all that good without the right coach. He gets these guys to play, and play well. That's more valuable than some X's and O's issues here and there. And don't get me wrong, there are some X's and O's issues.
                            DeRozan is not a good player - he scores points on a lot of shots and outside of junior high there is a difference. The improvements to his game he displayed last year are pretty much back to his career averages. He continues to be less and less efficient and Casey rides him more and more while he brings less to the game.

I'm not a fan of firing Casey right now unless Masai thinks one of the assistants would do better. Bringing in new coach right now isn't going to happen nor should it - unless Casey and the staff loses the locker room which would not surprise me at all, however, I think Nurse, as an example, would do things differently.

If I understand your argument you are scared of being mediocre with another coach so you prefer to be stuck with blatant deficiencies in Casey - deficiencies that could cause serious long term harm to the franchise.

Comment

DeRozan is not a good player - he scores points on a lot of shots and outside of junior high there is a difference. The improvements to his game he displayed last year are pretty much back to his career averages. He continues to be less and less efficient and Casey rides him more and more while he brings less to the game.

I'm not a fan of firing Casey right now unless Masai thinks one of the assistants would do better. Bringing in new coach right now isn't going to happen nor should it - unless Casey and the staff loses the locker room which would not surprise me at all, however, I think Nurse, as an example, would do things differently.

If I understand your argument you are scared of being mediocre with another coach so you prefer to be stuck with blatant deficiencies in Casey - deficiencies that could cause serious long term harm to the franchise.
                              I think this has already happened. The hero ball has just gotten worse, JJ was just benched for some reason which probably has to do with something he said, T-Ross had to be benched, JV has been frustrated for months, Lou does nothing but chuck and so does Vasquez.

I'm not seeing much evidence of a calming or at least controlling presence in there.

Comment

• slogan wrote: View Post
                                I don't really understand the people advocating for Nick Nurse or Bill Bayno to replace Dwane Casey. I'll agree that our assistant coaches are FAR better than the ones we've had in previous year (don't get me started on Johnny "always smiles" Davis and Scott "Big Bird" Roth), but I'm certainly not as impressed with them as others are.

Bill Bayno, who's in charge of JV's development, has been okay. I mean, I'm not completely dissatisfied with JV's level of play in his 3rd year but I'm also not head over heels by it. Nick Nurse was the assistant coach I thought would first be grabbed by another team but I'm a bit confused at his progress as well? Last year, we turned into a solid 3-point shooting team, which I'd like to think was his influence. In fact, like many have pointed out, our offence looked a lot more fluent and team oriented last year -- and I thought this even when we went on that hot start to this season.

IMO, I think Nurse has a vast amount of proven offensive schemes but Casey ultimately has the final say on using them. This season, we aren't a great 3-point shooting team and of course have reverted to the most ISO-heavy basketball I've ever seen this team play. I couldn't believe my eyes the amount of times Lowry, Lou or whoever would hog the ball until the shot clock was at 10 and then just chuck a brick. Patterson was calling for the ball too many times when he was open and Lowry refused to pass.

I think Lowry sometimes listens to Dwane but doesn't respect him as a coach.
                                I see no evidence that Casey listens to his assistants at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X