• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Sterner is crazy. in a good way though
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      The lowest the Raps will finish is 4th - they are winning Atlantic.

However there is a real possibility seed 5 has a better record.

In that situation, home court will go to seed 5.

It is a near certainty, in my opinion, that the top 5 teams in the East, in no particular order, are going to be Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Toronto, and Washington.

If Toronto finishes 4th - which I think is highly likely - then they are playing one of those 5 teams. I do not feel confident in either of those matchups.
      it sounded like you were saying the 4th seed wouldn't get home court regardless, i get it now.

i'm predicting:
      atlanta will be 1st or 2nd
      wizards somewhere from 1st to 3rd
      raptors 2nd to 4th
      chicago 2nd to 5th
      cleveland 3rd to 5th
      (detroit 6th)

if that's the case, bulls or cavs first round won't end well.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        it sounded like you were saying the 4th seed wouldn't get home court regardless, i get it now.

i'm predicting:
        atlanta will be 1st or 2nd
        wizards somewhere from 1st to 3rd
        raptors 2nd to 4th
        chicago 2nd to 5th
        cleveland 3rd to 5th
        (detroit 6th)

if that's the case, bulls or cavs first round won't end well.
        Hell, if the playoffs started today I think we'd lose to Detroit too. Only teams we'd beat is Milwaukee and Brooklyn.

Never thought I'd do this hashtag thing, but..
        #firecaseyintheoffseason #freeJV #freeJJ
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Hell, if the playoffs started today I think we'd lose to Detroit too. Only teams we'd beat is Milwaukee and Brooklyn.

I don't see us beating Bucks in the playoffs. Kidd is too smart of a coach. Only team I can see us beating is the Nets.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          DeRozan is not a good player - he scores points on a lot of shots and outside of junior high there is a difference. The improvements to his game he displayed last year are pretty much back to his career averages. He continues to be less and less efficient and Casey rides him more and more while he brings less to the game.

I'm not a fan of firing Casey right now unless Masai thinks one of the assistants would do better. Bringing in new coach right now isn't going to happen nor should it - unless Casey and the staff loses the locker room which would not surprise me at all, however, I think Nurse, as an example, would do things differently.

If I understand your argument you are scared of being mediocre with another coach so you prefer to be stuck with blatant deficiencies in Casey - deficiencies that could cause serious long term harm to the franchise.
          Tell that to this guy

"Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

#freeNurse #freeSterner

and i think demar would help us beat detroit in a close 6 game series. i see a healthy miami squad beating us in the playoffs though.

I'll be sure to update my predictions after tomorrow.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              I don't see us beating Bucks in the playoffs. Kidd is too smart of a coach. Only team I can see us beating is the Nets.

Tell that to this guy

dougs gonna doug

Comment

• Couldn't agree more with mcHAPPY. Trust me guys, we are losing in the first round. With the way we are playing and will continue to play there is no way in hell we beat either Wash, Chicago or Cleve in a seven game series. No fricken way. I know you guys think we will get out of this slump and turn it around, but the only reason that would happen is because we will be playing a lot of bad-mediocre teams. Until the ISO's stop, we start playing good defense again and we start beating good teams I don't see how this team can win a round in the playoffs playing like this. Oh and I can so see the 5th seed having a better record than us. I say this because I see us dropping to the fourth seed when it's all said and down. Casey isn't going to change his ways, we all know how stubborn he is. So if he isn't going to change neither are the fortunes of this team. He is the biggest problem right now. Atlanta does not have more talent than us but they play SO much better and smarter than we do. That alone is reason to fire Casey. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I was right about the playoffs last year. Everyone thought we would beat the Nets, I was one of the only people who knew it wasn't going to happen for us. We just don't play smart enough basketball to win in the playoffs.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I dont understand why u guys r saying fire casey? Is it his fault we have no defensive players on the roster outside of JJ? Who ever is training JV needs to be fired

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    I dont understand why u guys r saying fire casey? Is it his fault we have no defensive players on the roster outside of JJ? Who ever is training JV needs to be fired
                    why you guys are afraid of a change? what you just said just means that coach haven't maximized their potential. Do you think that those players capability wise are one of the worst defenders in the league, because this is our current standing in defense. There would be no problem if they would be average on it, they are awful on it and it can't be just players fault, as they clearly aren't that bad.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• We can beat any team in the first round of the playoffs with the exception of Chicago and Clevland. Yes, that includes Atlanta, and Washington. Everybody just needs to relax, a la Aaron Rodgers. There is plenty of season to go and fix the current problems.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        We can beat any team in the first round of the playoffs with the exception of Chicago and Clevland. Yes, that includes Atlanta, and Washington. Everybody just needs to relax, a la Aaron Rodgers. There is plenty of season to go and fix the current problems.
                        first round? raps beat atlanta? maybe if horford goes down again...

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          I dont understand why u guys r saying fire casey? Is it his fault we have no defensive players on the roster outside of JJ? Who ever is training JV needs to be fired
                          I'm not sure firing him right now is the best thing but with each passing game I slide a little off that stance.

But as to why? The strategy never changes despite the league finding him out.

The problem isn't the players on the roster. It is the use of players. Casey has a defensive system - HIS system - apparently the ONLY system - but it doesn't fit his personnel. Instead of being flexible and adapting to the players he has he continues to do things HIS way.

Any relationship is give and take - and Casey has the take down to an art form.

Comment

Atlanta could have beaten Indy if they got a few lucky bounces last year. Budenholzer is a really good coach and Casey a very bad one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No6zJobREYA

Comment

Horford is definitely a big boost to Atlanta, but he's not the sole reason why they are playing so well. They are playing as a team, defending and everyone is contributing, the same way the Raptors were playing earlier on in the year.

I think the two teams are pretty equal when matched up, but I give the Raptors the edge on defense when they defend like we know they can. Not making excuses, but Amir hasn't been healthy, Lowry is showing the effects of having to carry the offense through DeMar's injury and now with DeMar back they have to figure out the shot distribution thing all over again. Plus they are still figuring out how to integrate JV into the game more prominently and hopefully in time for the playoffs. As these things get sorted out the team will gradually settle back to where they should be. Now I'm not saying that they should be a top 4 team in the East, but I think they are much better than they are showing and are capable of knocking off any team in the East minus Chicago and Clevland (just cause LBJ has owned us forever).

It's not panic time for me just yet anyways.

Comment

• Its just funny the people complaining about the coaching are one in the same as the people who wanted us to tank. So last year you thought this roster was bad but now cause of the jj and lou we should be world beaters?

I bet if JV was playing 30 mins a game this thread would of never been created. Like a lot of you act like your JV's father instead of fans.

Also its dumb to make playoffs predictions when there's 41 games left to play.

I don't understand how you can root for your team to fail and still call yourself a fan? Like its getting disturbing how some pretty much hope Raptors will lose just so you can prove a point. Its really sad

#FireTheFans
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X