#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    That involves strategy. I don't think good coaches get techs based purely on emotion.
    Whether it's strategy and/or emotion, just do it. For such a fired up coach, he comes off as a conservative pussy.

Comment

• slogan wrote: View Post
      Whether it's strategy and/or emotion, just do it. For such a fired up coach, he comes off as a conservative pussy.
      Don't know why he never responded when Kidd got fined in the playoffs. Love him or hate him Kidd is competitive

Comment

Don't know why he never responded when Kidd got fined in the playoffs. Love him or hate him Kidd is competitive
        Kidd is competitive and passionate and that rubs off on his young Bucks team.

Comment

• slogan wrote: View Post
          Kidd is competitive and passionate and that rubs off on his young Bucks team.
          Predict Bucks, Magic, Sixers to get good real fast

Comment

Predict Bucks, Magic, Sixers to get good real fast
            The magic will be good once they get a new head coach
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              The magic will be good once they get a new head coach
              Putting aside the Casey joke. Their roster is really similar to the Raptors but younger

Comment

Because they are in the bottom third now with the best defense being 12th out of 30 in 4 years.
                Fixed it

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                  That actually really upsets me. Not once has he gotten in the refs face to back a player up or to scream at them with bad calls.

It comes off as not having your players backs and not willing to fight to the end for them. And if you're good at it you end up getting calls from the refs down the line for moves like that.
                  This was discussed a few weeks back. I thought Casey should have gotten himself teched in the Denver game when JV got manhandled and would have prevented JV's flagrant. WMCJ posted the list of coach techs, and yeah Casey had zero. But so did Budenholzer. FWIW
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    This was discussed a few weeks back. I thought Casey should have gotten himself teched in the Denver game when JV got manhandled and would have prevented JV's flagrant. WMCJ posted the list of coach techs, and yeah Casey had zero. But so did Budenholzer. FWIW
                    Bud is winning by 10 and doesn't rely on whistles to end games

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Right...the thing that stood out more to me was that there were only...3 or 4 coaches with no techs.

And there were also many good coaches near the top of the list.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        I think he is doing the best job with the players we have cause NONE of them play defense. NONE of them are smart players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        So wouldn't it behoove Casey to, I don't know, change what he is doing?

If everyone is so shitty and dumb as you suggest,shouldn't Casey be adhering to the KISS principle?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          JV doesn't need to be hidden. He needs to be better utilized.

This system also isn't good for really anybody, not just JV. Most of our perimeter players are not quick or strong enough defenisvely to constantly fight over screens and recover.

It suits our PFs who are decently quick, and suits Amir best of all because especially when healthy, he's quick, long and skilled enough to recover for a contest and/or rebound.

And that brings me back to the discussion in another thread...Portland ran the exact same D when Stotts first got there, then changed it by his 2nd season to maximize his C and minimize the type of situations we're giving up (ie easy entry into the lane). They've improved a lot since then. And Indy is another good comparison because while Portland completely changed how they play the p'n'r for all their bigs, Indy would often play it differently with Hibbert than with their PFs. Hibbert often sags back and zones up, while West would hedge hard.

To me it speaks to one of my biggest issues with DC. His system, on both ends, are designed to try to utilize select pieces well, and leave others trying to fit in.
                          You might actually be right. The thing you wonder is if there was a plan in place to used even this season as a measuring stick. We're always going to be impatient, but there is a really strong chance Ujiri and Casey are right on course with what they want as far as evaluating the roster as it is.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Right...the thing that stood out more to me was that there were only...3 or 4 coaches with no techs.

And there were also many good coaches near the top of the list.
                            What you say is true, but If Casey doesn't have his players backs, does coach Bud not have his players backs? I'm guessing it's just their styles, though I'm sure both teams could have used a coach tech at some point.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              You might actually be right. The thing you wonder is if there was a plan in place to used even this season as a measuring stick. We're always going to be impatient, but there is a really strong chance Ujiri and Casey are right on course with what they want as far as evaluating the roster as it is.
                              There is also the possibility that Casey's trying to teach JV some things defensively (ex. hedge and recover) that JV isn't good at/doesn't do naturally, which is costing the team in the short term, but they still want JV to work on it rather than catering to his natural strengths/weaknesses as a 22 year old who isn't finished developing. The coaching staff may not be oblivious, they may have just decided to take some lumps.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Just a guess, but maybe Casey thinks Val is smart enough to catch on to the PnP defensive scheme. Sometimes coaches will allow players to do shit that looks bad for their long term benefit. SVG had Drummond posting up a lot earlier in the year even though he was brutal at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X