#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
    How is Casey still coaching this team??? Guy is the laughing stock of the league with his defensive matchups and nonexistant offensive strategy.. so tired of watching uninspired smallball
    Meh.

If the Raptors fire Casey, the Raptors will be the laughing stock of the league. Trust me.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Meh.

If the Raptors fire Casey, the Raptors will be the laughing stock of the league. Trust me.
      I don't trust you. Please elaborate
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

Meh.

Who cares. Get past the first round and media will won't remember. See Washington Wizards

Comment

• At this rate we're looking like this years Pacers.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
            At this rate we're looking like this years Pacers.
            Pacers got to the ECF.

Comment

• Raptors999. I know. Maybe we'll get lucky. I don't think we will, but ...

Comment

Meh.

See Golden State Warriors.

Can I just say that it really bothers me how when guys like JV/JJ/Ross make mistakes they are pulled immediately but KL/DD/Lou/GV start chucking up shots they stay in. I want players to stay in after mistakes but he has to be consistent about it, especially with young guys. Although teams like the 76ers and Magic aren't very good, they allow players to play through mistakes, letting them develop.

MU is great at drafting talent, but that is useless if the coach is going to not allow the players to develop and learn from their mistakes.
                Last edited by DogeLover1234; Sat Jan 24, 2015, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Meh.

+1

A lot of you might not like Casey but, his still well respected in the league. Can you imagine the headline "Raptors fire coach after best start in franchise history". Media would troll us so hard!

Also everybody mad about the offence but isn't Nick Nurse's offense?
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    +1

A lot of you might not like Casey but, his still well respected in the league. Can you imagine the headline "Raptors fire coach after best start in franchise history". Media would troll us so hard!

When a sentence contains both "best start in franchise history" and "Raptors", we are already the laughing stock of the league.

Seriously, Casey and the Raptors haven't done anything yet. A new coach, development of a true identity, and development of JV (the cornerstone piece) are the only ways we can become something other than a laughing stock

Comment

• I've been fairly vocally anti casey in this thread, and I do want a different coach, but yes coaches do make mistakes, even pops lost a championship match on the final possession to an offensive rebound, and had tim duncan been on, they likely get that rebound and win the ring. However casey makes the same mistakes repeatedly plays favourites pretty clearly, KL, DD/TRoss, JJ, 2pat, jv should be our starting line up I say DD/TRoss because DD is our starter, but is not performing well, and I'm sure it's largely because of the injury and won't take him long to overcome, but JJ is our only legit small forward, he's one of most consistent players and it seems like he gets less minutes than hansbrough now, and casey has stated that his minutes cut are because GV is in the starting line up, we need to stop playing sg's at sf, especially DD he can't handle long defenders as we've seen over the past 3 games. Even with all that said we do need to ride with casey until the end of the season (probably when we play down to a poor teams level, then try to win with a guard iso hopefully not from the wrong side of the floor this time and drop the first round to a team that has no busines beating us once, let alone 4 times). so yes #firecasey, but only after he fails to do either of his 2 jobs
                      1. develop young players, he's doing okish here, jv got a career high but desperately needs to play more crunch time, he's one of the guys our future is with let him lose us some of these games, make sure he's ready for it when it counts, Ross regressed hugely at the start of last season's playoffs and is slowly starting to improve again now that he's coming of the bench, but I don't feel he's even back to where he was. And we have possibly one of the league's best pick and roll point guards and we're playing him as a sg so we can play our sg has a sf?
                      2. get us further in the playoffs, I haven't seen him not be outcoached yet, tyreke evans is the one that stings the most but not the only, casey's put our worst defensive line ups on in crunch time more than once.

there's my opinion, casey has the rest of this season to prove he can coach, or we should move on.
                      of course my opinion counts for nothing really but anyway that's what it is.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        +1

Good GM's don't care what the media thinks though. They do what they feel is best for the team. Media was pretty negative on SVG for giving up on Josh Smith for nothing. Media was negative on GSW dumping Jackson/Grizz dumping Hollins.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Why the hell does anyone care what the "league thinks about us"

Ya'll some insecure bunch....though I guess I already knew that from years of fans crying about ESPN not showing us any love wah wah.

Are you hoping for good headlines on websites or a winning team?

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                            Why the hell does anyone care what the "league thinks about us"

Ya'll some insecure bunch....though I guess I already knew that from years of fans crying about ESPN not showing us any love wah wah.

Are you hoping for good headlines on websites or a winning team?
                            Casey supporters are getting desperate and looking for anything to validate their belief that Casey is a good coach
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                              I really wish the rest of the season would play out like this:

The team realizes that 4th place is a lock, stops trying to win every game and starts using half the games to try out strategies for improving the offence and defence, as well as individual players, and just as importantly testing out strategies that can beat the 3 or 4 other teams we may see in the playoffs. Rest their stars the way the Spurs do and get ready to win in the playoffs on the road.
                              I agree with this strategy with one caveat --we MUST avoid Cleveland in the first round. Positioning relative to Cavs is critical.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X