#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Never understood why a coach being likable influences whether they should be coaching. If Casey wants to continue coaching he needs to let Nurse run the offense and let Bayno run the defense with another assistant handling sub's and time outs. Essentially coaching. He can handle the media.
    That.ll be the end of his coaching career....besides we have seen how old school he is he will never go for that. We also know what happened to Kidd when he tried a similar experimentation with Lawrence Frank when with the Nets. The closest I think anyone does something like that currently is Steve Kerr with the Warriors....but he has some pretty good coaches on the bench.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      That.ll be the end of his coaching career....besides we have seen how old school he is he will never go for that. We also know what happened to Kidd when he tried a similar experimentation with Lawrence Frank when with the Nets. The closest I think anyone does something like that currently is Steve Kerr with the Warriors....but he has some pretty good coaches on the bench.
      Difference is Kidd is a good coach and Frank is a good coach too. Jackson on GSW was another coach who ignored his assistants. Considering how many good assistant come from good systems assistants probably play a bigger role with good established coaches. Pop and Sloan aren't looking over their shoulder. Carlisle probably can't teach feel for a game and his offensive instincts. Phil never really created good assistant coaches either to my knowledge.

Comment

• Agree or disagree, ignore or debate... but keep it respectful and keep the petty personal attacks out of it!

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Three point shooting is about confidence. Shooting even if it isn't dropping. Just chucking threes is bad but a play designed to get a player open is never a bad shot. Problem with Casey is he stops the team from getting opportunities to shoot resulting in terrible shots. Guys willing to shoot isn't helped by a coach that doesn't trust them to create shots. It's also the coaches job to reign in shooting if it makes no sense strategically. Pop doesn't go ISO because the team isn't shoot well and he doesn't shoot when the other team is conceding the interior.
          Now that teams have figured out our offense we are in trouble with a coach who has no alternate plays. We aren't getting good looks anymore resulting in a bad 3 being taken at the end of the shot clock way to often. It's sickening. I agree that plays designed to get open threes are good but that is not what is happening here.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Agree or disagree, ignore or debate... but keep it respectful and keep the petty personal attacks out of it!

Comment

• Since Day 1 wrote: View Post
              Three's are never a good shot unless your Kyle Korver.
              Since Day 1 wrote: View Post
              If you don't understand try reading slower. That might help someone like you.
              I tried reading this as slowly as I could (like you suggested) but I still don't quite get what you're saying, considering the fact that an open 3 point shot is one of the best shots (in terms of risk/reward) you can take in basketball. The mid range jumper isn't a good shot (which is why many teams are taking the analytical approach to offense and encouraging the 3 ball more than the mid range shot).

Comment

Now that teams have figured out our offense we are in trouble with a coach who has no alternate plays. We aren't getting good looks anymore resulting in a bad 3 being taken at the end of the shot clock way to often. It's sickening. I agree that plays designed to get open threes are good but that is not what is happening here.
                It isn't. Player talked about being encouraged to shoot last year even if the shot doesn't go in. Having a coach basically telling shooters not to shoot by never trying to get open shots doesn't help. Players then resort to forcing shots. Ross missed an open corner three to end a quarter but just shooting helps him next quarter. When a coach goes ISO or goes small he is basically stopping TRoss and 2Pats from shooting.

Comment

you probably mean EARLY in the shot clock. wtf does a 3 point shot at the END of a shot clock have anything to do with it being bad.

oh i guess if korver isnt shooting then its automatically bad. lol.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    you probably mean EARLY in the shot clock. wtf does a 3 point shot at the END of a shot clock have anything to do with it being bad.

oh i guess if korver isnt shooting then its automatically bad. lol.
                    Curry or Klay Thompson should never shoot 3 again!!!! lol smh. Some of the people in this forum man.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Has anyone noticed the inbounds play that works lol. It was used for jv against Detroit, now he keeps using it for demar for that easy look under the basket. He's finally done something good, but within a few more games teams will know it and he will fail to adjust again.
                      Offence should be easy, not incredibly painful to watch.

Comment

• 9 of the 10 teams that have taken the most 3pointers this year have winning records.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• There's a lot of problems with the offence — mostly the lack of balance and interplay between between our perimeter guys and bigs — but this team gets plenty of decent looks from the three point line. It does feel like guys like 2Pat, GV, Ross, and even Lowry are missing shots they normally made last year.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                            There's a lot of problems with the offence — mostly the lack of balance and interplay between between our perimeter guys and bigs — but this team gets plenty of decent looks from the three point line. It does feel like guys like 2Pat, GV, Ross, and even Lowry are missing shots they normally made last year.
                            Teams give up good for better. Really that usually means taking corner and not wing threes. Not setting up corner threes also means defenders aren't afraid to contest the further shots. Defenses will allow some wing threes to protect corners but if the team doesn't pass they don't have to and can run off the first pass.

Comment

• Lowry has an AST% of 35.3 this year. That's the highest AST% of his career.

JV has played 1133 minutes this season. No other player has 700+ minutes with an AST% lower than Jonas 2.6.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                                There's a lot of problems with the offence — mostly the lack of balance and interplay between between our perimeter guys and bigs — but this team gets plenty of decent looks from the three point line. It does feel like guys like 2Pat, GV, Ross, and even Lowry are missing shots they normally made last year.
                                This is a nice little post. I'd add that while the team gets its share of "good" looks from 3, they also take too many "bad" looks. Still just a minority of their looks, but a bad shot is a bad shot. It's not that these looks can't be makes, but either the staff emphasizes the 3 a bit too much, or players have too much freedom to take them with no repercussions.

The frequent "bad" ones are best exemplified by the assorted pull up 3s we get from guys like Lowry, GV and Lou on the wing. Sometimes really early in the shot clock without trying to run any kind of play. If it goes in its great...but Lowry is the only one I consider a pretty consistent 3pt shooter, especially from the wing, and he's not having a great shooting year from outside. GV and Lou are both kind of streaky. These guys are not Curry and Thomposn, and they should not have a green light to take such shots at will. And it really bugs me with Greivis because he seems the streakiest of all. With Lou I'd say they're rarely early in the clock (except on 2-for-1 situations), but he ends up taking some bad ones in ISO without the team really running any play.

Comment

Working...
                                X