#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    That's a question? lol JV has more years in his career left than Casey has in his life
    That really isn't "the question"....
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Honestly, horns might make our offense better but for the time being, you can't question what works. Yes our offense is very ISO heavy, but we're scoring. A lot.

And you can't make the argument of shots eventually not going down. Nearly everyone on our team's %'s are down but we're scoring at a higher pace. I honestly can't explain it but I'm fine to let it be until it doesn't work.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Honestly, horns might make our offense better but for the time being, you can't question what works. Yes our offense is very ISO heavy, but we're scoring. A lot.

And you can't make the argument of shots eventually not going down. Nearly everyone on our team's %'s are down but we're scoring at a higher pace. I honestly can't explain it but I'm fine to let it be until it doesn't work.
        Our offense really isn't a problem. There's some part of me that wonders whether it's sustainable in the playoffs, but who really knows the answer to that?
        "Bruno?
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          Our offense really isn't a problem. There's some part of me that wonders whether it's sustainable in the playoffs, but who really knows the answer to that?
          We saw what happens to an ISO heavy offense last year in the playoffs.

The team played a much more team oriented approach last year but once the playoffs started it turned ISO based. I remember losing my mind over the "my turn, your turn" and the need to make the hockey assist. I believe I typed those things hundreds of times over the course of the 7 games.

I believe we'll experience the same fate this playoffs. Any time your offense relies on 5 guys and 3 zebras, you're in trouble. Zebras are known to struggle to forcibly blow in to a whistle when needed. They are the most unreliable of the animal kingdom.

Comment

Of course it is not. Especially if there is no Wade, Kobe, Lebron, Durant to lead the isolation.
            Raptors are heavily relying on foul calls. As many people say the refs swallow their whistle come playoff time. In the last 20 seconds of the game , odds are your going to need to RUN A PROPER PLAY to score a bucket.
            How can u be unsure? Did u watch last years playoffs bro?
            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• #FireCasey

stooley wrote: View Post
              That really isn't "the question"....
              Last edited by SamMitchells; Thu Jan 29, 2015, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Zebras are known to struggle to forcibly blow in to a whistle when needed. They are the most unreliable of the animal kingdom.
                haha

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                  In the last 20 seconds of the game , odds are your going to need to RUN A PROPER PLAY to score a bucket.
                  someone must be able to find the amount of our offensive sets that are run with a play. there has to be a way to measure that. anyone with advanced stat knowledge and no how?

Comment

• You could just watch it with your own eyes and judge .
                    How many times do we see a Hero ball action in the last play? We suck at closing out games.
                    Live by the 3 die by the 3

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      someone must be able to find the amount of our offensive sets that are run with a play. there has to be a way to measure that. anyone with advanced stat knowledge and no how?
                      Very few coaches "run plays" except out of time outs and occasionally from the sideline. They do however run sets in practice to be used within the flow of the game or have a philosophy. Casey doesn't practice offence which seems odd since defence is much easier to establish.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        We saw what happens to an ISO heavy offense last year in the playoffs.

The team played a much more team oriented approach last year but once the playoffs started it turned ISO based. I remember losing my mind over the "my turn, your turn" and the need to make the hockey assist. I believe I typed those things hundreds of times over the course of the 7 games.

I believe we'll experience the same fate this playoffs. Any time your offense relies on 5 guys and 3 zebras, you're in trouble. Zebras are known to struggle to forcibly blow in to a whistle when needed. They are the most unreliable of the animal kingdom.
                        I'm not sure that last year we saw any major offensive issues in the playoffs. Yes certain things could have been done differently. Yes, Brooklyn adjusted to our schemes and hurt us on a number of plays.

But the Raptors ORTG in that series was 109.2, which sounds pretty good.

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                        Of course it is not. Especially if there is no Wade, Kobe, Lebron, Durant to lead the isolation.
                        Raptors are heavily relying on foul calls. As many people say the refs swallow their whistle come playoff time. In the last 20 seconds of the game , odds are your going to need to RUN A PROPER PLAY to score a bucket.
                        How can u be unsure? Did u watch last years playoffs bro?
                        I've heard all those points before, they just don't necessarily ring that true to me. I saw all the same things you did, and all of those things frustrated me. But once again, the Raptors had a pretty solid ORTG that series. Which means that they eye test of how pretty our offense was, doesn't necessarily translate to a solid judgement on whether it was effective or not.

If there was one reason we lost, it was our inability to stop Joe Johnson. The second reason would be a lack of experience.

I'm by no means saying Casey was anywhere close to perfect in that series. There were some mistakes (ahem, the final play) that are pretty brutal. But a lot of the complaints this year re: offensive schemes seem a little unfounded to me.
                        Last edited by stooley; Thu Jan 29, 2015, 10:32 AM.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I'm not sure that last year we saw any major offensive issues in the playoffs. Yes certain things could have been done differently. Yes, Brooklyn adjusted to our schemes and hurt us on a number of plays.

I've heard all those points before, they just don't necessarily ring that true to me. I saw all the same things you did, and all of those things frustrated me. But once again, the Raptors had a pretty solid ORTG that series. Which means that they eye test of how pretty our offense was, doesn't necessarily translate to a solid judgement on whether it was effective or not.

If there was one reason we lost, it was our inability to stop Joe Johnson. The second reason would be a lack of experience.
                          Offensive ratings and all that stuff is nice, but coming out of a timeout and when you need a bucket with clock ticking, the coach need to be able to draw up a play that can be executed by the personnel. clearing the side for an undersize PG or an inefficient SG is not good coaching.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            Offensive ratings and all that stuff is nice, but coming out of a timeout and when you need a bucket with clock ticking, the coach need to be able to draw up a play that can be executed by the personnel. clearing the side for an undersize PG or an inefficient SG is not good coaching.
                            So, I edited my post to add a disclaimer lol.

A lot of complaints compare Casey against an arbitrary "ideal coach" that people have in their minds. Play calling out of timeouts was one of Casey's weaknesses in that series. He's not the world's best coach.

I'm not talking about those things though.

I'm only talking about the offense's ability to translate to the playoffs, which I sometimes question, but a lot of other people seem to assume is a given, which it isn't.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I just don't see us winning a championship playing with no offense style other than jacking up contested 3's and fade away jumpers
                              The ratings are really good. In fact early in this season it seemed like every game was over 110 points which actually defies every criticism regarding the offense.
                              But since its based on the same players doing the same things every game (ISO ball lack of system).
                              Then good teams adjust to those typical shots and then what? Well you saw in the past games just exactly what happens.

I don't buy the whole " we're just cold " . I strongly believe / can see that teams have adjusted defensively and now only time will tell how we will respond.
                              Maybe all the 3's will go in like last night every game right?

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                                I just don't see us winning a championship playing with no offense style other than jacking up contested 3's and fade away jumpers
                                The ratings are really good. In fact early in this season it seemed like every game was over 110 points which actually defies every criticism regarding the offense.
                                But since its based on the same players doing the same things every game (ISO ball lack of system).
                                Then good teams adjust to those typical shots and then what? Well you saw in the past games just exactly what happens.

I don't buy the whole " we're just cold " . I strongly believe / can see that teams have adjusted defensively and now only time will tell how we will respond.
                                Maybe all the 3's will go in like last night every game right?
                                There are a plethora of reasons why this team is not winning a championship any time soon, and Casey is just 1 of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X