X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    That's a testament to good coaching

#ProveEm
    Lol , how much are they paying you and are they hiring?
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• lets get thibs!

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...beyond-repair/

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Absolutely.

Throwing lowest and highest is often common practices, no?

And when that is done we come out to 95 points per game - even worse than the average 96.1.

Teams get less efficient in the playoffs is not accurate or true.
        Last year the Raptors got noticeably worse in a predominant iso offense.
        Given the ISO heavy style of play this year, there is legit concern the playoffs will bring about the same type of drop off. Throw in the slippage on defense and I am one nervous Raptor fan come playoffs.
        I'm not worried cause Raptors are a better team than last year. The offense is also more efficient than last year team. Also I don't except Ross to have another terrible series like last year. If he does than we got Lou Will who to me should be sixth man of the year. We lead the east in points in the paint and are 9th in three pointers made(in the league). That sounds like a sound strategy to get out the first round to me.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• So the Raps only beat the Kings by 17. Should've beat them by 40! FIRE CASEY!!

31-15. 2nd in the Conference. Just sayin..
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            So the Raps only beat the Kings by 17. Should've beat them by 40! FIRE CASEY!!

31-15. 2nd in the Conference. Just sayin..
            still using these advanced metrics? I cannot comprehend them, I think you just defended Casey as a coach.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Thibs is possibly the best coach in basketball. I don't know what I would do if he became a raptor. Possibly shut down yonge street parading the streets with local raptor fans

Comment

I'm not worried cause Raptors are a better team than last year. The offense is also more efficient than last year team. Also I don't except Ross to have another terrible series like last year. If he does than we got Lou Will who to me should be sixth man of the year. We lead the east in points in the paint and are 9th in three pointers made(in the league). That sounds like a sound strategy to get out the first round to me.
                Odd that you're completely leaving out the most important part of playoff winning aka defense.

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                  Thibs is possibly the best coach in basketball. I don't know what I would do if he became a raptor. Possibly shut down yonge street parading the streets with local raptor fans
                  Popovich.

And no Thibs is not going anywhere. You can wake up from your dream now.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

So DeRozan goes out and they have a soft schedule was the argument for the turnaround on D.

Now DeRozan is back and they have a soft schedule but it is his contribution that has led to the 6-3 record.

Hmmmmm.

Could it be the Raptors are 31-15 in spite of coaching? Lots of people crap on roster for not enough talent but there are good pieces there.

If anyone looked at the schedule for January and saw 11 of 16 games versus teams under .500 and had hoped for just a .500 outcome, the might wish to raise their expectations since this is supposedly a top 3 seed team.
                    This team does have some good pieces but most of those pieces are having good years under Casey. That they haven't had in previous places. Casey is putting all his pieces in situations to succeed again.

The team did well with DD gone but, to think they would of kept up the pace with out an All-star caliber talent is just foolish.

Also they can't control who they play. This the NBA no games are a guaranteed wins. Don't forget they're hasn't be much time between these games. I believe the raps our playing
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I admire your confidence.

The whole purpose/objective in discussion isn't so much the numbers but the detriments of relying on ISO basketball which requires a hot hand and 3 zebras to be successful.

Regarding efficiency, last season the team had a .507 eFG% after the Rudy Gay trade. This year the Raptors have an eFG% of .510. While they are more efficient, .003 isn't much to be content with - especially given the lack of team play at times.

The historical and current numbers merely confirming and validating my own opinions (i.e. my interpretation of the numbers confirm my opinions - someone else's interpretation could be totatlly different).
                      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Jan 29, 2015, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        Odd that you're completely leaving out the most important part of playoff winning aka defense.
                        If Raptors stay at 2. Which I believe they can do they would probably play either Bucks or Miami(20th & 28th in scoring). I also I believe the d will get better as the year goes on. It already has actually since Dd been back with only allowed 100 points twice.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I admire your confidence.

The whole purpose/objective in discussion isn't so much the numbers but the detriments of relying on ISO basketball which requires a hot hand and 3 zebras to be successful.

Regarding efficiency, last season the team had a .507 eFG% after the Rudy Gay trade. This year the Raptors have an eFG% of .510. While they are more efficient, .003 isn't much to be content with - especially given the lack of team play at times.

The historical and current numbers merely confirming and validating my own opinions (i.e. my interpretation of the numbers confirm my opinions - someone else's interpretation could be totatlly different).
                          See the Iso ball doesn't bother me cause we still get good movement off it. If the Iso ball leads to point in the paint and open looks from three than I'm fine. Raptors always get good looks through out every game. We saw last night what happens when we actually make open looks.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Can't see us staying at 2 unless Masai can trade for a good on ball perimeter defender, and Casey actually uses him.

Can't continue to allow the amount of dribble penetration we have been and have any realistic hope for success.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

See the Iso ball doesn't bother me cause we still get good movement off it. If the Iso ball leads to point in the paint and open looks from three than I'm fine. Raptors always get good looks through out every game. We saw last night what happens when we actually make open looks.
                              The problem is what happens in the playoffs, when you face more competent defenses who are game planning for your offense. What the Raptors are doing right now isn't a promising approach for playoff basketball. If Michael Jordan had to learn to trust his teammates to win in the playoffs, wtf do we think iso ball with Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan is going to do for us.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                The problem is what happens in the playoffs, when you face more competent defenses who are game planning for your offense. What the Raptors are doing right now isn't a promising approach for playoff basketball. If Michael Jordan had to learn to trust his teammates to win in the playoffs, wtf do we think iso ball with Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan is going to do for us.
                                But our offensive rating/PTS in the paint by passes Jordan .

Comment

Working...
                                X