#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
    Look guys . Lets say we lose the first round to the bucks for example. Do you guys think mlse would be happy letting Casey go after extending his contract only a year ago?
    He'd only have 1 year owed left on his contract. Not a big deal if he was fired this summer.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      I'm a little concerned about Miami if they are healthy. But if Wade misses extended time as has been reported, then they may just drop out of the playoff picture altogether.
      Charlotte lost Kemba. Detroit lost Jennings. Brooklyn is trading everyone. Boston/Orlando are just too young and would probably prefer to tank. Even if Miami loses Wade I think the 8th seed is safe.

Comment

• If at the beginning of the season it was safe to say that eastern conference hasn't been so weak in decades, then now after these injuries I don't really don't know what to say, being 4th in the east, does not mean anything... Guys bringing up we are 2nd or we are 4th in the league though, and that's Caseys achievement argument, should really step outside the vaacum they are in...
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          If at the beginning of the season it was safe to say that eastern conference hasn't been so weak in decades, then now after these injuries I don't really don't know what to say, being 4th in the east, does not mean anything... Guys bringing up we are 2nd or we are 4th in the league though, and that's Caseys achievement argument, should really step outside the vaacum they are in...
          Agreed, there's only like 5 or 6 teams left in the east that are still relatively healthy and came into the season trying to win. Quite sad actually..
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Agreed, there's only like 5 or 6 teams left in the east that are still relatively healthy and came into the season trying to win. Quite sad actually..
            Making the 2nd round won't be much of an accomplishment this year unless we take down Cleveland or Chicago in the 1st round. Beating a well below .500 team in the 1st round isn't really an accomplishment at all. If Casey can get us to the ECF then he deserves to coach next season, and we'll see how he does before picking up the option on his 3rd year.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Making the 2nd round won't be much of an accomplishment this year unless we take down Cleveland or Chicago in the 1st round. Beating a well below .500 team in the 1st round isn't really an accomplishment at all. If Casey can get us to the ECF then he deserves to coach next season, and we'll see how he does before picking up the option on his 3rd year.
              CaseyFans will pick up dirt off the floor in attempts to pull wool over the eyes of rational basketball fans.
              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• I am as big a Casey critic as anyone.

He does deserve a lot of credit for navigating the team over the last few seasons. There have been many obstacles, turmoil, and losing to overcome.

I've been saying for a while he is a stepping stone. That isn't an insult in my books.

He has taken the team as far as I think he is going to.

It is time for new blood.

GS is a good example. Mark Jackson did a similar thing - took the team from a lottery team, instilled a winning attitude, and took them as far as he could.

Sometimes you just need a new voice to lead and take you to the next level.

Based on the slipping defense, questionable sub patterns, and uncreative offensive schemes, Raps have reached that point with Casey, in my opinion.

Comment

• It's not just getting to the 2nd round that's an accomplishment. It's the fact that you had to be 1st or 2nd seed to play sub 500 team in the playoffs. That's an accomplishment.

Because everybody totally expected TO to be 2nd in the east right now. We're totally underachieving...

HATERS GONNA HATE.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• employee wrote: View Post
                    it's not just getting to the 2nd round that's an accomplishment. It's the fact that you had to be 1st or 2nd seed to play sub 500 team in the playoffs. That's an accomplishment.

Because everybody totally expected to to be 2nd in the east right now. We're totally underachieving...

Haters gonna hate.
                    haters gonna stay rational

btw, this is completely off topic, but visiting RR, made pretty hilarious, browsing based ads pop out in non english websites
                    Last edited by RandomGuy; Thu Jan 29, 2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• It's a battle between the emotional vs the rational

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                        It's not just getting to the 2nd round that's an accomplishment. It's the fact that you had to be 1st or 2nd seed to play sub 500 team in the playoffs. That's an accomplishment.

Because everybody totally expected TO to be 2nd in the east right now. We're totally underachieving...

HATERS GONNA HATE.

Wow. Caps lock. lol

The Raptors are 6-7 versus Eastern Conference playoff teams with 2 of those wins coming from Atlanta before the rising from the Georgian ashes. Since November 26th the Raptors are 1-5 versus Eastern Conference playoff teams (lone win over Milwaukee - and yes, I know, but, but, but DeRozan was injured).

The record and standing is irrelevant. It is impressive from a historical perspective and the significance 2nd seed typically means but it also needs context. Right now the context is embarrassing. There are still a lot of games to be played and only 1.5 games separates 2nd and 4th. 5th is going to be Chicago or Cleveland.

The current chest puffing is coming from the prospect of playing Milwaukee, Charlotte, or an injury riddled HEAT team. Go Raps. Yay Coach!

Comment

It's a battle between the emotional vs the rational
                          Of course from a pure fan perspective making the second round is much better than not making the second round, no matter what the circumstances are. But it's true that more objectively speaking, being better than some of the shite teams in the East doesn't mean much this season. "Second round playoff team" is less of a measuring stick this year than it would be in a more competitive year. The measuring stick now is whether or not the Raps can beat the Bulls, Cavs, and Wiz.

All that said, I'd be just as psyched for a second round appearance as the next guy.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Wow. Caps lock. lol

The Raptors are 6-7 versus Eastern Conference playoff teams with 2 of those wins coming from Atlanta before the rising from the Georgian ashes. Since November 26th the Raptors are 1-5 versus Eastern Conference playoff teams (lone win over Milwaukee - and yes, I know, but, but, but DeRozan was injured).

The record and standing is irrelevant. It is impressive from a historical perspective and the significance 2nd seed typically means but it also needs context. Right now the context is embarrassing. There are still a lot of games to be played and only 1.5 games separates 2nd and 4th. 5th is going to be Chicago or Cleveland.

The current chest puffing is coming from the prospect of playing Milwaukee, Charlotte, or an injury riddled HEAT team. Go Raps. Yay Coach!
                            Whatever. Haters gonna hate.
                            Casey has the best raptors coaching record.
                            Casey > you
                            Casey > all

Comment

Whatever. Haters gonna hate.
                              Casey has the best raptors coaching record.
                              Casey > you
                              Casey > all
                              sums up this thread

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Of course from a pure fan perspective making the second round is much better than not making the second round, no matter what the circumstances are. But it's true that more objectively speaking, being better than some of the shite teams in the East doesn't mean much this season. "Second round playoff team" is less of a measuring stick this year than it would be in a more competitive year. The measuring stick now is whether or not the Raps can beat the Bulls, Cavs, and Wiz.

All that said, I'd be just as psyched for a second round appearance as the next guy.
                                I hope they get a really tough playoff schedule. Not in hopes they lose. I obviously hope They win.
                                I want Casey to prove us wrong and progress as a coach. Best the bulls in a 7 game series.
                                Make adjustments to the opponents adjustments.
                                Make use of JV
                                Create a tactical end of quarter easy bucket.

Be a good coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X