Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
    Whatever. Haters gonna hate.
    Casey has the best raptors coaching record.
    Casey > you
    Casey > all
    but but you won the coach of the year, sam!

Comment

It's a battle between the emotional vs the rational
      LOL Dude i'm not the one making 40 posts day on how much I hate Casey. Wouldn't say I'm being super emotional.

I get it. He's not perfect. It's just funny to me because in my brain this team is overachieving. But what do I know? I'm not a certified basketball coach like most people on message boards.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
        LOL Dude i'm not the one making 40 posts day on how much I hate Casey. Wouldn't say I'm being super emotional.

I get it. He's not perfect. It's just funny to me because in my brain this team is overachieving. But what do I know? I'm not a certified basketball coach like most people on message boards.
        you don't need to be a coach to understand basketball, see flaws and things which should be improved, and if you see them it means that players can perform even better individually. You should read the thread btw, guys are providing reasonable arguments and have healthy conversation up here (most of them).
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

11 posts thank you very much .
          2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

11 posts thank you very much .
            12.7 here!

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

The current chest puffing is coming from the prospect of playing Milwaukee, Charlotte, or an injury riddled HEAT team. Go Raps. Yay Coach!
              Have you considered it has less to do with coaching and that you might be overrating our roster?

Chicago is significantly more talented when healthy. Cavs have three of the top 15-20 players in the league, and with an easy February schedule coming up. Washington, with the Wall and their big man rotation, is underrated.

I just see this team's ceiling as ten games over .500, that's all, even with a better coach.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                you don't need to be a coach to understand basketball, see flaws and things which should be improved, and if you see them it means that players can perform even better individually. You should read the thread btw, guys are providing reasonable arguments and have healthy conversation up here (most of them).
                There's a lot of really good arguments. Totally agree. JJ thing is confusing to me too. The rest is pretty justifiable. I just don't think he's shown enough that he should be fired.

I look at the big picture. The start to the season was fool's gold and got a lot people thinking that the Raps are better than they are. Overall I'm happy where they are at right now.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• The really confusing thing to me, if it could be limited to I thing... Everybody throughout the media (newspapers / sportscasts) and fan base (RR / forums) clearly sees that the starting lineup of Lowry / DD / JJ / 2Pat / JV has the potential to be amazing, and also grant Amir rest as well as boost the Ben at the same time.... Yet Casey won't even try it.
                  Please if anybody can calculate, how many minutes, if any, has this lineup seen the court together? My guess is none. Yet many different varied sources say it would work wonders.
                  THEN WHY NOT JUST HUMOUR ALL OF US AND TRY THE FUCKING LINEUP CASEY!? *

*caps intended*

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                    Have you considered it has less to do with coaching and that you might be overrating our roster?

Chicago is significantly more talented when healthy. Cavs have three of the top 15-20 players in the league, and with an easy February schedule coming up. Washington, with the Wall and their big man rotation, is underrated.

I just see this team's ceiling as ten games over .500, that's all, even with a better coach.
                    The roster isn't championship material no matter who coached. It is a work in progress.

So many people point to the record as justification that Casey is doing a good job. I don't agree.

The games are horrible to watch. I am really not enjoying the majority of games. The style of offensive play is atrocious, the decision making in game is baffling, and the defense has become akin to watching chicken executions.

I don't care what the record is. I want to see talent maximized and a team effort. Casey fails at both.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                      The really confusing thing to me, if it could be limited to I thing... Everybody throughout the media (newspapers / sportscasts) and fan base (RR / forums) clearly sees that the starting lineup of Lowry / DD / JJ / 2Pat / JV has the potential to be amazing, and also grant Amir rest as well as boost the Ben at the same time.... Yet Casey won't even try it.
                      Please if anybody can calculate, how many minutes, if any, has this lineup seen the court together? My guess is none. Yet many different varied sources say it would work wonders.
                      THEN WHY NOT JUST HUMOUR ALL OF US AND TRY THE FUCKING LINEUP CASEY!? *

*caps intended*

*boost the BENCH at the same time*
                      Vazquez / Lou / Ross / Amir / Hands

Comment

There's a lot of really good arguments. Totally agree. JJ thing is confusing to me too. The rest is pretty justifiable. I just don't think he's shown enough that he should be fired.

I look at the big picture. The start to the season was fool's gold and got a lot people thinking that the Raps are better than they are. Overall I'm happy where they are at right now.
                        I fully understand your position, but you can blame our high expectations on Raps organization and the message they are trying to send, that we are here for championship, we believed it and we believe that organization believes it. If that's the case then Casey cannot coach this team, no matter what you guys think about our players, if they are mediocre or not, because it all starts from the coach and he is OK/mediocre, he can't lead any team to title, which would not include Lebron or KD.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• McHappy: Fair enough. Casey and his style is probably a bad fit for the long term, but I'm willing to give him the chance to prove people wrong during the playoffs.

Comment

McHappy: Fair enough. Casey and his style is probably a bad fit for the long term, but I'm willing to give him the chance to prove people wrong during the playoffs.
                            I am as well.

It would have to get pretty damn bad to fire him in season.

But after this year? I'm hoping for a new coach.

Only way I change my tune is if suddenly he starts tailoring the game plan to the roster versus his ideals. Based on his previous four years of lacking flexibility and adaptability I am not optimistic.

Comment

Dude. 10 games over 500?

am I seeing straight?
                              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• Sam Mitchell: Thank you for noticing my math is shitty. Lol. I think this roster is a 48 to 50 win team.

Comment

Working...
                                X