No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We passed so well.... why can't we do that all the time?
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      We can disagree on the outlier thing. It would be a lot easier for the sake of argument if we included it though (just for finding stats and stuff). If it's unclear too, it's probably safer just to include all the data.

bball reference here:
      http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2014.html
      gives us an ORTG of 108.8 on the regular season.

and here:
      http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1.html#BRK-TOR
      an ORTG of 109.2 for the playoffs.

And since our ORtg and DRtg were 10th to end the year, I feel like 8th in the playoffs is kind of expected.

I may be reading those stats wrong, but it seems pretty consistent (which is actually kind of unexpected just given the nature of the 'test').

I got my windows mixed up.

I had 3 windows open - this season, last season, last year playoffs - in addition to numerous brokerage accounts, hoopshype, financial sites, and stock charts - lol.

I still think my points remain. Those whole season stats include pre gay trade. Not sure if you can sort the B-R stats via time in a season but on NBA site pre-Gay Raps OffRtg was 101 and post gay was 107. B-R and NBA using different forumulas but I'm sure it would bump regular season above playoffs.

Regardless, given what has happened to Raps offense versus good defensive teams I am not hopeful with certain matchups.

But I totally gaffed on the stats - too many windows open - sorry.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
        I too think that this team has overachieved. Had anyone suggested prior to the season that we would be 31-15 at this point and on pace for 55.3 wins then I may have laughed at them, but been ecstatic nonetheless as it would be exceeded my expectations. I think most here would probably agree with that.

However, after watching the games I can't seem to explain how this is happening. It's been very confusing for me. And although I have a better understanding now of what they are doing on the court as opposed to 30-40 games back, I still don't get it. McHappy's concerns, and others, are quite valid. The way we play doesn't seem to be a good recipe for success. It's working, to an extent, but how far can it take us with the current roster? The ceiling, I imagine, is much lower than other systems being showcased around the league.

I like the progression the team has made, but not sure I like how it's been achieved. And I think this team can continue to improve. In a way, I think the early success this season has elevated many fans expectations of this team. I don't feel I am one of them. Second round appearance is all I expect. I do not expect this team to be able to beat the Bulls or Cavs in a 7 game series, and now you can include the Hawks. I would think this regardless of the coach or early season success. Incremental steps for growth of the club. That's realistic. We need to temper our expectations because we are probably further along our development than many would have thought and at the same time the way we play probably has a lower ceiling than the combined capability of the roster.
        I remember hearing this somewhere:

Get someone to flip a coin 1000 times and write down, in order, the results.

Get another person to write down, in order, what they think would be the results of flipping a coin 1000 times.

Then look at the two lists without knowing which is which, and there's a simple way to tell. The list of the person who actually flipped the coin will have some long stretches, dozens at a time, of all heads or all tails in a row. These stretches will be much longer than a normal person would think reasonable.

The list of the person who didn't actually flip the coin won't have these, because intuitively, they don't believe it would happen like that.

Each year, there's going to be a small handful of teams that are unusually lucky, and unusually unlucky. I think so far this year, in addition to a lot of strong play, the Raps have been unusually lucky.
        Last edited by JimiCliff; Fri Jan 30, 2015, 01:35 PM.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          I remember hearing this somewhere:

Get someone to flip a coin 1000 times and write down, in order, the results.

Get another person to write down, in order, what they think would be the results of flipping a coin 1000 times.

If you look at the two lists without knowing which is which, and there's a simple way to tell. The list of the person who actually flipped the coin will have some long stretches, dozens at a time, of all heads or all tails in a row. These stretches will be much longer than a normal person would think reasonable.

The list of the person who didn't actually flip the coin won't have these, because intuitively, they don't believe it would happen like that.

Each year, there's going to be a small handful of teams that are unusually lucky, and unusually unlucky. I think so far this year, in addition to a lot of strong play, the Raps have been lucky.
          There are times when, following your team, you know they're more or less doing everything right, they're just having a tough go of things with injuries, bad calls, bad bounces, etc. If they're making the best of it, competing every night, and still progressing overall you're usually okay with that situation as a fan. I think Chicago waiting for Rose to come back was in that situation - tough times, but doing as well as could be expected with what they had.

Then there are times where you feel things are going a bit too well for you, that you're maybe not quite this good because there are some important warning signs/cracks in the foundation, but for now the immediate success makes everybody happy. Cleveland winning games with LeBron, Mike Brown, and Shaq were probably in this situation.

Cleveland was never going to win a championship with LeBron James and a cast of broken down rental players coached by an incompetent coach (turns out that team was a lotto team without LeBron).

Things are going well enough for the Raptors in terms of W/L, and we're all happy about that. But the warning signs are severe.

There's been lots of good discussion about what's going on - pages and pages of it, including plenty of stats and article links. I don't know at which point stooley decided to ride in on his white stallion to declare himself arbiter of quality posting, but the snide comments about what does and does not constitute a worthwhile contribution to the discussion are hardly helpful. If you can't be bothered to consider what's been written elsewhere in this forum, that's your problem.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

There's been lots of good discussion about what's going on - pages and pages of it, including plenty of stats and article links. I don't know at which point stooley decided to ride in on his white stallion to declare himself arbiter of quality posting, but the snide comments about what does and does not constitute a worthwhile contribution to the discussion are hardly helpful. If you can't be bothered to consider what's been written elsewhere in this forum, that's your problem.
            It's a white husky.

Geez, get it right S.R.
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
              Well said and I totally agree.
              I really enjoy reading a lot of your posts and think you offer pretty good insight with a level head.
              Thanks, man & right back at you.

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                According to Casey's own words we don't have the personal.

So he's basically saying we need to make some trades. Do you keep Casey and build around him or keep JV and build around him?

That seems to be the question.
                Casey's actions say he doesn't believe in JV.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Systems sucks, beating up on crap teams. In February schedule gets really hard making the West Coast trip look like a blip.
                  Bulls would love to beat up on crap teams. I think all of us fear that come playoff time our record everyone will wonder how we won so many games.

Comment

• Seriously, if Casey let's derozan and Ross get torched by Joe Johnson, again, he doesn't deserve to coach this team. JJ should be starting this game, but won't because that's Casey. So derozan will take the wear and tear then tomorrow have to deal with Washington.

#FireCasey

Comment

• Free us from the shackle that is; Dwayne Casey
                      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                        Seriously, if Casey let's derozan and Ross get torched by Joe Johnson, again, he doesn't deserve to coach this team. JJ should be starting this game, but won't because that's Casey. So derozan will take the wear and tear then tomorrow have to deal with Washington.

#FireCasey
                        Yeah.... maybe try GV on him? I know it sound weird, but this is Casey we are talking about. JJ won't get shit unless were down 20.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• surely our jj gets used to guard their jj, this is literally the exact matchup problem we got him for, if he's not used here why didn't we get him at all? casey has been coaching slightly better as of late, but the rotation still isn't close to right (in my opinion) why does our defence first coach hate defensive minded players so much...is it cos jj overhelps a bit much? that's kind of what our system is though (and I hate our defensive system there's probably a reason we're the only team that uses it, although it worked well against the kings giving them only midrange shots, a lot of that is chuck's d on boogie, and lowry letting darren collison blow by him for midrange jump shots, is he known for blow bys?)

Comment

• If JJ goes unused until Joe Johnson has already made an impact (atleast 10 points) then I will call for his head until he is gone. The man doesn't deserve his job if he refuses to use the tools brought here to help him do his damn job.
                            #FireCasey

Comment

If JJ goes unused until Joe Johnson has already made an impact (atleast 10 points) then I will call for his head until he is gone. The man doesn't deserve his job if he refuses to use the tools brought here to help him do his damn job.
                              #FireCasey
                              James Johnson is out with hamstring injury (injured in warmups).

Comment

If JJ goes unused until Joe Johnson has already made an impact (atleast 10 points) then I will call for his head until he is gone. The man doesn't deserve his job if he refuses to use the tools brought here to help him do his damn job.
                                #FireCasey
                                JJ has a 'hamstring injury' tonight. Convienent.

Comment

Working...
                                X