Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    You're wrong

The best/worst future post was, as the post title implies, definitely not referencing the JJ/J-smoove Hawks as you claimed.
    You're talking about 2 separate issues.

Reference to Atlanta as a treadmill team was in regards to the JJ/J-smoove Hawks, as has been highly documented by all sorts of basketball reporters/experts/etc...

Nobody was suggesting that they'd turn it around as much or as quickly as they have. I certainly wasn't trying to imply that I expected them to be elite this year or ever. I was just pointing out how they transitioned from a treadmill team into a rebuilding team, by shedding their false-stars and starting over with a core of Horford & Teague.

You can't take a post in a thread debating tanking and cross-reference it to another thread about which team has the brightest future.

I'm also not talking about the future of the Hawks. I'm not saying that the Hawks are definitely contenders, nor am I saying that this group of Hawks couldn't possibly become a treadmill team in a couple seasons. The only point I took issue with was your assertion that the current Hawks team is still the same treadmill Hawks. This is a completely rebuilt, revamped team from the JJ/J-smoove treadmill Hawks, regardless of what they become.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Feb 3, 2015, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• The meta-game in the NBA is shifting from having 2 traditional bigs, to the space-and-pace generation with a stretch 4, to now something closer to what the Warriors and Bucks are doing, which is essentially positionless basketball with one big.

We don't have the coaching OR personnel to play a different style right now. Most of our players are undersized or not versatile enough.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
        The meta-game in the NBA is shifting from having 2 traditional bigs, to the space-and-pace generation with a stretch 4, to now something closer to what the Warriors and Bucks are doing, which is essentially positionless basketball with one big.

We don't have the coaching OR personnel to play a different style right now. Most of our players are undersized or not versatile enough.
        I wonder how much difference it could make if Derozan were an actual 3 point threat.

Comment

The meta-game in the NBA is shifting from having 2 traditional bigs, to the space-and-pace generation with a stretch 4, to now something closer to what the Warriors and Bucks are doing, which is essentially positionless basketball with one big.

If only Landry could shoot. Then we'd have ourselves something decent.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• a lot of this team's tendencies seem to be similar to the clips:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ti...-the-clippers/

trapping/switching d and operating in tight spaces on offense, mainly
            Last edited by stooley; Tue Feb 3, 2015, 07:48 PM.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• We could double down on becoming a post-up team, but I think you'd need to upgrade the 4. Memphis works because Gasol and Randolph are huge guys with a nice repertoire of moves.

And JV still needs a year or two to become an elite, playmaking big.

We do feel like the Clippers of the east. Good enough to win but missing the pieces and coaches to match the style elite teams are playing.

Comment

• Caught a bit of PTS on Fan 590 and the Jays prez mentioned he speaks with his GM about an hour a day.

Got me wondering - How often do Masai and Casey meet/talk? Anyone read or heard an answer to that?
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• If James Johnson and Derozan were reliable from 3, that would be huge.

Imagine a 3-point shooting JJ at the four. With PP, Ross, DD and Lowry. That would be the longest and most athletic lineup if we decided to go small. If your going to trot out last nights four quarter line-up why not give that a whirl?

Comment

If James Johnson and Derozan were reliable from 3, that would be huge.

Imagine a 3-point shooting JJ at the four. With PP, Ross, DD and Lowry. That would be the longest and most athletic lineup if we decided to go small. If your going to trot out last nights four quarter line-up why not give that a whirl?
                    Or a better question of why not give the lineup everybody has been begging for a whirl....
                    Lowry / DD / JJ / 2Pat / JV
                    Bench..
                    GV / Lou / Ross / Amir / TH (Amir & TH are reversible as well)

I will be in Casey's hate list until it's shown that these groups will not work.. Because they really seem like common sense

Comment

If James Johnson and Derozan were reliable from 3, that would be huge.

Or use him like a non 3-D SF like the Kings with Gay. At the elbow posting up.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                        Or a better question of why not give the lineup everybody has been begging for a whirl....
                        Lowry / DD / JJ / 2Pat / JV
                        Bench..
                        GV / Lou / Ross / Amir / TH (Amir & TH are reversible as well)

I will be in Casey's hate list until it's shown that these groups will not work.. Because they really seem like common sense
                        I've been suggesting this line-up for ages as well.

My theory is that the coaching staff (and team) is in love with Amir, and can't handle the idea of him not starting. He's one of those guys that does all the little things that make the other four players on the floor more efficient.

That's a problem. The team needs to learn to win with or without him. He's injury prone and his contract is expiring.

Comment

I've been suggesting this line-up for ages as well.

My theory is that the coaching staff (and team) is in love with Amir, and can't handle the idea of him not starting. He's one of those guys that does all the little things that make the other four players on the floor more efficient.

That's a problem. The team needs to learn to win with or without him. He's injury prone and his contract is expiring.
                          Then why can't he bring the bench a stable pick and roll man, Who can finish around the rim consistently. Plus he gets rest , the coaching staff is delusional if they think this would not work.

Comment

Then why can't he bring the bench a stable pick and roll man, Who can finish around the rim consistently. Plus he gets rest , the coaching staff is delusional if they think this would not work.
                            I'm not saying that line up isn't a good idea, because it seems pretty reasonable, but I am saying that this post isn't a great argument, because it can be used in the other direction as well:

why can't we bring JJ and PPat off the bench - good defenders with solid spacing, etc, etc.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              Although not a popular sentiment, the incredibly weak EC has had at least some influence in determining the Raptors' record over the past couple seasons. As more EC teams improve and see their rebuilding efforts blossom, I think it's fair to think that the wins will start being a little harder to come by, all else being equal.
                              Good point.

Comment

What can I say? That's why you should never fall in love.

Comment

Working...
                                X