Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Hmmm

So Casey apologists have you seen enough?
    So Casey haters have you seen enough?
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
      So Casey haters have you seen enough?
      after his gameplan of iso was terrible in the first he ran sets against the clippers played james johnson, and we destroyed them. so what happened was he did 2/3 of the main things casey haters have been asking for for 3 quarters and we won convincingly next step is to do it for 4 quarters, and stop using vasquez on opponents best guards.

Yes he seems to be improving, but we've been asking for this stuff for a long time and it took him 2 months to re-realize(he used to know) that we need to run sets to be a competive team, he's also realized lowry is weak against long guards, so letting DD, Vasquez or even lou(when he's not in shitty hero ball mode) bring the ball up against teams who guard lowry with a long guard works well for us.

Now we just need to work out how to deal with ex-raptors

Comment

• cinqueda wrote: View Post
        after his gameplan of iso was terrible in the first he ran sets against the clippers played james johnson, and we destroyed them. so what happened was he did 2/3 of the main things casey haters have been asking for for 3 quarters and we won convincingly next step is to do it for 4 quarters, and stop using vasquez on opponents best guards.

Yes he seems to be improving, but we've been asking for this stuff for a long time and it took him 2 months to re-realize(he used to know) that we need to run sets to be a competive team, he's also realized lowry is weak against long guards, so letting DD, Vasquez or even lou(when he's not in shitty hero ball mode) bring the ball up against teams who guard lowry with a long guard works well for us.

As i said i have previously said.

Either Casey visits the forums himself or were simply speaking the truth.
        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• cinqueda wrote: View Post

I've not disagreed with any of the criticisms, just the conclusions drawn from them
          Last edited by stooley; Sat Feb 7, 2015, 11:36 AM.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
            I've not disagreed with any of the criticisms, just the conclusions drawn from them
            Not sure I understand.
            You agree with the criticism, which means you see his shortcomings. But you disagree with the conclusion, which means you're ok with these shortcomings and most likely failing when it matter most?

Comment

• It still seems crazy to me that nearly all of the Casey game plan criticism (not talking about rotation issues of JJ and JV) is about offense when we have the 4th best offense and the 21st best defense

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                It still seems crazy to me that nearly all of the Casey game plan criticism (not talking about rotation issues of JJ and JV) is about offense when we have the 4th best offense and the 21st best defense
                Oh we know the defence is trash.
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

It still seems crazy to me that nearly all of the Casey game plan criticism (not talking about rotation issues of JJ and JV) is about offense when we have the 4th best offense and the 21st best defense
                  honestly...

Comment

That is the Woodson Knicks. It is a terrible system.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      Not sure I understand.
                      You agree with the criticism, which means you see his shortcomings. But you disagree with the conclusion, which means you're ok with these shortcomings and most likely failing when it matter most?
                      Half right.

I agree with the criticism - I would rather see more ball movement, more JV and more JJ (and potentially a JJ-Patterson starting lineup).

I disagree that the lack of these things means Casey is a bad coach, or that he is somehow holding this team back in a way that a league average coach wouldn't. That's because despite these things, the results on court have been, at least on offense and in record, exceedingly positive - especially compared to anyone's expectation based on our roster.

I also disagree that these things mean likely failing when it matters most - see my posts about our offense in the playoffs last year.
                      Last edited by stooley; Sat Feb 7, 2015, 12:14 PM.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

It's true.

Many people, myself included, have a general philosophical and aesthetic disdain for iso-ball. This is what it comes down to.

This morning I've been thinking, though, that we might actually be in good shape for the playoffs. Goes back to what that Raps' stat guy said about assist rate not being tied to success in the playoffs. Scoring becomes very hard then, once teams have had time to scout you out and really hone in on your sets. There's great value to having players who can make reasonable shots out of nothing. Ugly as it can be at times, Lowry, DD, Lou, and even Vasquez can do this well. Most teams don't have as many players who are as effective at this. We probably have a huge advantage here.

Question is, to what degree will this advantage be trumped by Casey's inability to get the right players on the floor at the right times.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Half right.

I agree with the criticism - I would rather see more ball movement, more JV and more JJ (and potentially a JJ-Patterson startin lineup).

I disagree that the lack of these things means Casey is a bad coach, or that he is somehow holding this team back in a way that league average coach wouldn't. That's because despite these things, the results on court have been, at least on offense and in record, exceedingly positive.

I also disagree that these things mean likely failing when it matters most - see my posts about our offense in the playoffs last year.
                          Only because they beat the Clippers by a blowout. This isn't a team that can grind out wins. Even with JJ back teams will adjust again and using JJ as the second unit PF isn't a solution since he displaces 2Pats.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Only because they beat the Clippers by a blowout. This isn't a team that can grind out wins. Even with JJ back teams will adjust again and using JJ as the second unit PF isn't a solution since he displaces 2Pats.
                            No not only because of the win. I've been saying that consistently. People have been saying that the recent slump was just the way of life from here on out, and I've been arguing that it's just a slump and doesn't necessarily represent a fundamental flaw with this team.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Terrible shot selection leads to difficult positions on defence. This team has great offence players. Potentially the best in the league.
                              Obviously lack of adjustments makes a good defensive team ridiculously hard to play against. Just looks ugly as hell and it's ineffective.
                              Vs bad defences, our style of offence rocks because our personnel are ISO comfortable players, it's just not good in the long run through the playoffs. Especially without a lebron James leading it.

Sucks how we did well with JV sitting out most of the game. The defensive schemes don't work well for him.
                              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Half right.

I agree with the criticism - I would rather see more ball movement, more JV and more JJ (and potentially a JJ-Patterson starting lineup).

I disagree that the lack of these things means Casey is a bad coach, or that he is somehow holding this team back in a way that a league average coach wouldn't. That's because despite these things, the results on court have been, at least on offense and in record, exceedingly positive - especially compared to anyone's expectation based on our roster.

It's not the lack of these things that make me feel casey is a bad coach, it's the repeated losing because of these things and nothing being changed, again I admit Ross to the bench was a good move, although I disagree with vasquez to the starting line up, and I admit the clippers game was some good coaching post 1st quarter, and casey even got a tech the other game, not quite the way we wanted it but I'll take it anyway.

I think casey is a bad coach because he's to stubborn about things like running his crazy defence, not even trying out a lowry,derozan,johnson,patterson,valanciunas line up this far into the season, and he's not stubborn enough about sticking to his guns, JV is destroying a team but they went small? pull him immediately, don't wait to see if he can handle it just pull him, Vasquez was asked to guard tyreke and couldn't? keep playing him on players he isn't capable of guarding.

so yeah I think casey is a bad coach not because of the lack of these things, but because he doesn't learn, he doesn't play his statistically best line-ups, he doesn't keep his gunners in check quickly enough. Again he seems to be improving of late, but so did Ross and he's almost back to where he was :/

Comment

Working...
                                X