#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    I'm just sayin, the Clippers have now lost 4 straight. 3 straight blowouts. UNLIKE the Raptors, the Clippers are built to win now. The way its looking right now, they might not even make the playoffs.

#FireRivers

Spurs last possession last night, the fail inbound play, imagine if that happened to the Raptors?? lol oh boy this board would go nuts.

#FirePop?

I just want to point out the stupidity of this whole thread. But hey i guess the mods are in the #FireCasey bandwagon and they disagree w/ what i'm saying so why not delete it right?

The Raptors are 35-17 btw. Second in the Conference.
    wow, you sure know how to be annoying. Do not question our sanity, if another win will give you the right to call us insane for discussing #FireCasey, then I will question your sanity. He brings Pop and Doc Rivers, like they have sucked whole year... and don't compete in Western conference.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

The Raptors are 35-17 btw. Second in the Conference.
      So let's hire Mike Brown then. 61% winning percentage beats Casey's 48%. All about the record right.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        So let's hire Mike Brown then. 61% winning percentage beats Casey's 48%. All about the record right.
        I should follow his posts and make them my notifications on phone... Everytime I forget our record, I will be reminded once or twice in a week.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote:
          what we think won't make a speck of difference as far as if/when Casey gets canned
          TRex wrote:
          I just want to point out the stupidity of this whole thread.
          The point of the thread is to vent. If you guys have such a problem with it, why even come into the thread?

Superjudge wrote:
          you dudes need to either get a crash course on this shit, or pick another sport.
          Please, guide us, wise one. Tell us more about how JV is a stiff on par with Darko.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            The good old Mike Brown argument.

Mike Brown's best player during his 1st stint in Cle was LeBron James. Not sure if you've heard of him. But he's pretty good.

Dwane Casey's best player is Kyle Lowry.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              I should follow his posts and make them my notifications on phone... Everytime I forget our record, I will be reminded once or twice in a week.
              You definitely should. Bec reading some of your posts(like most posters here) you would think the Raps are fighting for that 8th seed.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Just when it looks like the #firecasey crowd has the thread wrapped up, the Casey led Raptors deflate the arguement with some big wins, against contenders no less. I love this thread!

Comment

• Going into the season, Casey was probably tasked with the following:

(1) Maintain or improve upon last season's record - CHECK, most likely
                  (2) Repeat as Atlantic Division Champions, establish home court for the 1R of playoffs - CHECK
                  (3) Win a round in the playoffs - TBD, but it's likely
                  (4) Maximize the showing of 'star' players - CHECK for Lowry (All-star starter), INCOMPLETE for DeMar because of injury
                  (5) Integrate newly-acquired players into team scheme - CHECK, for the most part (Lou's career is revamped, as is JJ's)
                  (6) Grow young players so they are more serviceable, maximize current potential, set them up for future success - NO for Ross, to some degree YES for JV
                  (7) Monitor minutes, routines, etc to ensure players are all as healthy as possible - CHECK (very few injuries)
                  (8) Maintain a positive locker room, and ensure players and coaching staff professionally represent the Raptors brand - CHECK
                  (9) Develop and execute effective offensive schemes - CHECK, Top 5 league offense, but room for improvement
                  (10) Develop and execute effective defensive schemes - room for improvement

As much as Casey's x's and o's bother the hell out of us (and I'm personally not a fan of his basketball decisions), it difficult for Masai to look at something like the aforementioned and say "Hey, not good enough, you gotta go right now." If Masai does fire Casey now, he risks disrupting a system that's 35-17 and second in the East. I'm not saying the system is perfect or will contend for a championship, but this system can win you 50 games, probably a playoff round or two, sell out the ACC, sell a ton of merchandise, and make MLSE and other stakeholders very, very happy and very, very rich.

Furthermore, some of the shortcomings can be fixed through minor tweaking, not necessarily firing the coach. If an athlete isn't developing under Casey's system, maybe it's just the athlete (Ross) - get rid of him or bury on bench. If it's not the athlete, adjust the development strategy or bring in a specific assistant coach (JV). If defense is a liability, focus on it more at practice, add another defensive piece, and/or bring on another defensive-minded assistant coach to help out. All of these options are much more feasible and low-risk than all out just getting rid of a coach.

Comment

You definitely should. Bec reading some of your posts(like most posters here) you would think the Raps are fighting for that 8th seed.
                    Can you forget the #### record? What's wrong with you man. We are discussing OBVIOUS flaws of Dwayne Casey as a coach, not record in Eastern conference, where only two teams seems to be not struggling and being able to remain competetive. IF you don't like the discussion, and obviously you DON'T like the discussion, please create a thread, #CaseyForLife and stay there, with happy, over optimistic, people, who dance together, surrounded by sunflowers and rainbows. I'm fine with that, as long as you do not invade this thread, with your record reminders, because you obviously can't comprehend Casey's limitations we are discussing here...

Comment

The good old Mike Brown argument.

Mike Brown's best player during his 1st stint in Cle was LeBron James. Not sure if you've heard of him. But he's pretty good.

Dwane Casey's best player is Kyle Lowry.
                      Those Cleveland squads are famous for providing LeBron no help. You telling me he earned the most wins in his career alone?

Spoelstra one 60 win season with LeBron, Wade, Bosh.

Mike Brown two 60 win seasons with LeBron, Delonte West, and Mo Williams.

One is still coaching.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        Just when it looks like the #firecasey crowd has the thread wrapped up, the Casey led Raptors deflate the arguement with some big wins, against contenders no less. I love this thread!
                        Man, this idea that Casey leads the Raptors...it's insane. He doesn't. The players lead the Raptors. Lowry leads the Raptors, first and foremost. A coach's job is to get the right players on the floor and get out the way. And then every once in awhile, draw up an out of bounds play (hopefully on the right side of the court).
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          The point of the thread is to vent. If you guys have such a problem with it, why even come into the thread?

Please, guide us, wise one. Tell us more about how JV is a stiff on par with Darko.
                          I have no problem. I make a joke, but folks are so passionate on this topic it was taken literally.

Then I compounded my error of believing someone would actually get the joke by trying to explain it, which as everyone knows, never works.

And because I neither like nor hate Casey I'm amused at times by the venting.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Liked for your retorts, especially Super "NBA expert/coaches are NEVER wrong" Judge
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Man, this idea that Casey leads the Raptors...it's insane. He doesn't. The players lead the Raptors. Lowry leads the Raptors, first and foremost. A coach's job is to get the right players on the floor and get out the way. And then every once in awhile, draw up an out of bounds play (hopefully on the right side of the court).
                              I can agree with the part that a coach doesn't "lead" the team, and your are right, it's the players. However the system the players play under is a blue print drawn up by the coach/staff. I don't agree that it's up to the coach to simply get the right players out there and get out of the way. It's not like they know how to manage a game, run which plays at which time etc.

Comment

• Wait, so let me get this straight. After floundering for like a month while many of us clamour for more JJ and for him to start, Casey finally catches up to us and first a) plays JJ significant minutes then b) starts him, resulting in two quality wins, and this is evidence AGAINST the #fireCasey crowd?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X