#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Wait, so let me get this straight. After floundering for like a month while many of us clamour for more JJ and for him to start, Casey finally catches up to us and first a) plays JJ significant minutes then b) starts him, resulting in two quality wins, and this is evidence AGAINST the #fireCasey crowd?
    No kidding, I argued the same point earlier, it actually reinforces that maybe the coach isn't the all knowing wizard the pro Casey crowd likes to tout. He's definitely cost us a few games in January
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      I can agree with the part that a coach doesn't "lead" the team, and your are right, it's the players. However the system the players play under is a blue print drawn up by the coach/staff. I don't agree that it's up to the coach to simply get the right players out there and get out of the way. It's not like they know how to manage a game, run which plays at which time etc.
      Casey main strength is supposed to be getting players to "buy in" but that means 1. Playing defense 2. Taking good shot 3. Passing the ball and the players aren't doing any of those. Nobody cares about chemistry if players are chucking, ball hogging and playing indifferent defense. The fact that players like Casey might be the problem. They shouldn't like being told they take too many terrible shots and they need to pass up "open" looks.

Comment

• Psrs1: part of managing a player is occasionally blowing smoke up their ass, especially if they're not trying hard enough or are not reaching their potential. It also boosts their perceived trade value.

In other words, it's absolutely part of Casey, Colangelo and masai's job to lie about how good Bargnani is until they can dump him.

Doc rivers compared deandre Jordan to Bill Russell for crap's sake. Don't put too much stock into this kind of lip service.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Wait, so let me get this straight. After floundering for like a month while many of us clamour for more JJ and for him to start, Casey finally catches up to us and first a) plays JJ significant minutes then b) starts him, resulting in two quality wins, and this is evidence AGAINST the #fireCasey crowd?
          To be fair, they're also some of the same people that said T Ross should be starting over DeRozan, etc.

JJ has also been hurt or rumoured to be in the dog house most of the past month too.
          Last edited by Fully; Mon Feb 9, 2015, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
            To be fair, they're also some of the same people that said T Ross should be starting over DeRozan, etc.

JJ has also been hurt or rumoured to be in the dog house most of the past month too.
            Rumoured being the key word here though. I mean, there was not a single thing to back it up beyond his benching. Coach and teammates kept praising him. I think it was more likely a random basketball decision that was easy to get suspicious about than anything related to behaviour.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
              Psrs1: part of managing a player is occasionally blowing smoke up their ass, especially if they're not trying hard enough or are not reaching their potential. It also boosts their perceived trade value.

In other words, it's absolutely part of Casey, Colangelo and masai's job to lie about how good Bargnani is until they can dump him.

Doc rivers compared deandre Jordan to Bill Russell for crap's sake. Don't put too much stock into this kind of lip service.
              Doc Rivers in my mind is the most overrated man in basketball and he's going to drive the Clippers into the ground.

Making a big trade to acquire one of the worst guards in the league...and he just happens to be your son! Goodbye Clippers, you will be back in the Donald Sterling days in no time.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Rumoured being the key word here though. I mean, there was not a single thing to back it up beyond his benching. Coach and teammates kept praising him. I think it was more likely a random basketball decision that was easy to get suspicious about than anything related to behaviour.
                That's exactly what it was. Casey was too dumb to figure out a rotation that included him when Greivis got the starts.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post

Everything that I've heard from beat writers + broadcasters makes me think that this wasn't the case. They were unanimous in suggesting that it was strictly a rotation issue.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                    Psrs1: part of managing a player is occasionally blowing smoke up their ass, especially if they're not trying hard enough or are not reaching their potential. It also boosts their perceived trade value.

I get that but I actually think he believed when he first took over during that strike shortened season. To his credit DC figured out AB was a piece of garbage though it was kinda obvious.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Everything that I've heard from all of the beat writers + broadcasters makes me think that this wasn't the case. They were unanimous in suggesting that it was strictly a rotation issue.
                      That sounds like bs to me.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        I get that but I actually think he believed when he first took over during that strike shortened season. To his credit DC figured out AB was a piece of garbage though it was kinda obvious.
                        When all the media are unanimous it is kinda telling --something doesn't pass the sniff test.

Comment

Cool
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

When all the media are unanimous it is kinda telling --something doesn't pass the sniff test.
                            Let me guess; you love a good conspiracy
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

The only pieces of legit primary info I remember hearing were that
                              1. They were trying to get TRoss going, which is why JJ got his first DNP. JJ was said to have been a total pro and cheered his teammates on that night.
                              2. This went on for a few games with another DNP.
                              3. Then they formally announced he was out with a strained right hamstring as part of the injury reports, which lasted four games.

I haven't heard anything about him bring in the doghouse, though given his past, it is understandable speculation.

Either way it's not damning or in Casey's favour, because we don't have enough legit info to go on.

What is damning is continuing to play Vasquez at the two when it was obvious our perimeter D was getting shredded.

Comment

• The JJ thing clearly was the wrong decision but it was made from the place that they wanted to give Ross a big role off the bench which clearly didn't pan out.

I agree its worth being criticized but coaches make rotation decisions we disagree with, its a thing that happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X