#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Everything that I've heard from beat writers + broadcasters makes me think that this wasn't the case. They were unanimous in suggesting that it was strictly a rotation issue.
    You do know that this is how franchises keep things in house right??

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
      Are you being funny?

It absolutely make me laugh out loud that you scientists seem so egocentric that you actually believe that JJ sat on a bench, because the coach of the Raptors didn't think he was good enough to be out there.

If ever there was a time, that people needed to wake up, come up for air, or whatever it might be..... this is it. Has it ever occurred to people that Johnson pulled some of the very same shit that got him jettisoned a few years back...ALLL THE WAY to the euro purgatory, and needed a SERIOUS benching...... something a GOOD COACH would do?

Same dudes slagging coach Casey for benching guy that full on dissed his own PG and supported the PG of the team who was tied with the raps at the time and subsequently went on a run.....like clockwork are all out when he plays the guy and the guy is full on motivated again to play well and bust ass. But hey, it can't be because a coach put him in his place and took away his minutes for something he did behind closed doors....ohhhh fucking no. He was just reading a messageboard and it hit him like a brick.....

I am blown away that this response was to a Dan post..... I'm floored actually. wtf Dan.
      ...Or, JJ had been playing through injury? The guy did just take a few games off. Maybe his coach was trying to protect his player? Why does everyone assume that it's a behavioral issue? I get really tired of people making assumptions -- whether they're accusing coaches OR players.

Comment

Anytime you'd like to square off on anything related to this subject let me know.

As for NBA coaches being wrong.... of course they make bad decisions here and there.... its just that messageboard warriors with about 1/1000th the know how or knowledge they have, shouldn't be the ones who think they are qualified to ell um.

So you tell me, do you think, ever, that you are qualified? I don't mean that one blue moon where a guy gets a call riht that a coach gambled the other way with. I mean, man to man, are you qualified to judge ANY NBA coach? Could you debate you own opinion, right at a table with Dwayne Casey, and win that debate?

lemme know
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Are you being funny?
          He was just reading a messageboard and it hit him like a brick.....
          That's my biggest pet peeve about this message board.

There are guys that behave like they're consultants to the team, and that part of a coaches job is doing what fans want and so they can take personal the credit for it.

That's like a going to a Bruce Springsteen concert with 5,000 people, whining and demanding that he play Born in the USA, and when he finally does, being a total douche about it and being like, "Good think he listened to me."

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
            That's my biggest pet peeve about this message board.

There are guys that behave like they're consultants to the team, and that part of a coaches job is doing what fans want and so they can take personal the credit for it.

That's like a going to a Bruce Springsteen concert with 5,000 people, whining and demanding that he play Born in the USA, and when he finally does, being a total douche about it and being like, "Good think he listened to me."

Yeah, that is super douchey.

You know what else is super douchey?

Coming to an online forum about a topic or interest and attacking others personally for giving thoughts and opinions on said topic or interest.

There seems to be an intolerance for opposing views of late. It really is sad. Good arguments and debates have the ability to change thoughts and opinions or at the very least make you rethink your own.

Comment

Are you being funny?

It absolutely make me laugh out loud that you scientists seem so egocentric that you actually believe that JJ sat on a bench, because the coach of the Raptors didn't think he was good enough to be out there.

If ever there was a time, that people needed to wake up, come up for air, or whatever it might be..... this is it. Has it ever occurred to people that Johnson pulled some of the very same shit that got him jettisoned a few years back...ALLL THE WAY to the euro purgatory, and needed a SERIOUS benching...... something a GOOD COACH would do?

Same dudes slagging coach Casey for benching guy that full on dissed his own PG and supported the PG of the team who was tied with the raps at the time and subsequently went on a run.....like clockwork are all out when he plays the guy and the guy is full on motivated again to play well and bust ass. But hey, it can't be because a coach put him in his place and took away his minutes for something he did behind closed doors....ohhhh fucking no. He was just reading a messageboard and it hit him like a brick.....

I am blown away that this response was to a Dan post..... I'm floored actually. wtf Dan.
              But how do you know that? For all the shit you give people for having their own opinions, to just come and pull this one out of your ass is kind of hypocritical. I mean, you have no idea what happened.
              Have some fun Superjudge, quit playing safe by agreeing with everything the coaches say. I mean, why are you even here if all you want to do is halt conversations?
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• but seriously..
                Superjudge wrote: View Post
                As for NBA coaches being wrong.... of course they make bad decisions here and there.... its just that messageboard warriors with about 1/1000th the know how or knowledge they have, shouldn't be the ones who think they are qualified to ell um.

So you tell me, do you think, ever, that you are qualified? I don't mean that one blue moon where a guy gets a call riht that a coach gambled the other way with. I mean, man to man, are you qualified to judge ANY NBA coach?
                Superjudge wrote: View Post
                ...ALLL THE WAY to the euro purgatory, and needed a SERIOUS benching...... something a GOOD COACH would do?
                What?

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                  But how do you know that? For all the shit you give people for having their own opinions, to just come and pull this one out of your ass is kind of hypocritical. I mean, you have no idea what happened.
                  Have some fun Superjudge, quit playing safe by agreeing with everything the coaches say. I mean, why are you even here if all you want to do is halt conversations?
                  That's the exact thing with this James Johnson situation though. No one here knows what really happened. We can speculate, but that speculation is driven by preconceived notions of whether Casey is a good or bad coach. Saying, "I think Casey benched Johnson because of rotation issues because I don't think Casey is very smart, and therefore because of this benching I'm concluding Casey is not very smart" is circular logic.

If you are trying to use the James Johnson situation to simply vent, it's fine. But it's not an argument for Casey's poor coaching, because we have no idea whether it was actually poor coaching or not.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                    ...Or, JJ had been playing through injury? The guy did just take a few games off. Maybe his coach was trying to protect his player? Why does everyone assume that it's a behavioral issue? I get really tired of people making assumptions -- whether they're accusing coaches OR players.
                    THIS^^

It's cool to have an opinion ....but people need to remember it's just that.... Everyone is jumping to conclusions!

"We don't know why JJ wasn't playing...#firecasey"

We know he was injured at some point and in the beginning they probably wanted to give Ross and GV more burn to get them out of their slumps.... Casey and Masai know what they have in JJ.... For all we know this was the plan all along.

Nothing to see here....

RandomGuy .. 35-17

You mad? Why? Oh I know...

It's because your argument looks incredibly silly with each passing win..... Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                      That's the exact thing with this James Johnson situation though. No one here knows what really happened. We can speculate, but that speculation is driven by preconceived notions of whether Casey is a good or bad coach. Saying, "I think Casey benched Johnson because of rotation issues because I don't think Casey is very smart, and therefore because of this benching I'm concluding Casey is not very smart" is circular logic.

If you are trying to use the James Johnson situation to simply vent, it's fine. But it's not an argument for Casey's poor coaching, because we have no idea whether it was actually poor coaching or not.
                      Again THIS^^^

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        THIS^^

It's cool to have an opinion ....but people need to remember it's just that.... Everyone is jumping to conclusions!

"We don't know why JJ wasn't playing...#firecasey"

We know he was injured at some point and in the beginning they probably wanted to give Ross and GV more burn to get them out of their slumps.... Casey and Masai know what they have in JJ.... For all we know this was the plan all along.

Nothing to see here....

RandomGuy .. 35-17

You mad? Why? Oh I know...

It's because your argument looks incredibly silly with each passing win..... Yup

What?!? Which argument? Me mad? Can you please elaborate in English, bring up numbers or something? This trio is so freaking annoying...

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                          again this^^^

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                          dis!!!

Comment

Anytime you'd like to square off on anything related to this subject let me know.

So you tell me, do you think, ever, that you are qualified? I don't mean that one blue moon where a guy gets a call riht that a coach gambled the other way with. I mean, man to man, are you qualified to judge ANY NBA coach
                            ? Could you debate you own opinion, right at a table with Dwayne Casey, and win that debate?

lemme know
                            Craig, bro, you're way off base here. This IS a message board. The only qualification you need to post your opinion here is access to the internet. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. Trying to tell people to STFU about their opinion never works, so why even go there?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Wait, so let me get this straight. After floundering for like a month while many of us clamour for more JJ and for him to start, Casey finally catches up to us and first a) plays JJ significant minutes then b) starts him, resulting in two quality wins, and this is evidence AGAINST the #fireCasey crowd?
                              JJ started to lose minutes when DD got. Ross was playing like Ross so he was replaced with GV. GV has been here longer than JJ so he probably knows all the starters sets. You cant just throw anyone into the starting line up. Especially when you have no practise time. When we do get practise time JJ gets hurt. So now with a week at being at home. A healthy JJ with practise time you integrate him better.

Easier to throw GV out there in the place of Ross cause his already played so many minutes with that group. Going back to last year.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                JJ started to lose minutes when DD got. Ross was playing like Ross so he was replaced with GV. GV has been here longer than JJ so he probably knows all the starters sets. You cant just throw anyone into the starting line up. Especially when you have no practise time. When we do get practise time JJ gets hurt. So now with a week at being at home. A healthy JJ with practise time you integrate him better.

Easier to throw GV out there in the place of Ross cause his already played so many minutes with that group. Going back to last year.
                                the only problem people had with Casey, I believe, is that when he was playing in the situation you just mentioned, and it is logical and all, JJ was playing nearly perfectly in his short stints, yet there was no increase in his PT, what eventually resulted in no PT (opposite thing happened), what could be explained by the injury (however he would be DNP for the games, if that was the case). This was mind boggling for most of the posters and you cannot blame us.

Comment

Working...
                                X