Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Yes but, in my opinion,

There are some serious cognitive distortions going on here which are often signals of mental illness....for real, no joke.

#firecasey

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

#firecasey
      In the offseason, yes.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Yeah, that is super douchey.

You know what else is super douchey?

Coming to an online forum about a topic or interest and attacking others personally for giving thoughts and opinions on said topic or interest.

There seems to be an intolerance for opposing views of late. It really is sad. Good arguments and debates have the ability to change thoughts and opinions or at the very least make you rethink your own.
        Oh, did I attack you personally? Are you a secret douche?

Dude, you're fine.

My intolerance isn't of 'opposing views'. My intolerance is of fanboy-entitlement and straight-up laziness.

There is an echo chamber in RR. Sometimes our arguments are good. Sometimes our arguments are absolute trash, based on long-held beliefs with no real substance. (Edit: We're like battered wives coming out of an abusive marriage. We're so used to losing we don't know how to react to a semi-decent team). Sometimes people claim their speculation is somehow more righteous than others because they've been on the message board longer.

I've been called a 'moron' numerous times, not because other people had a better argument, but because they were too lazy to make one. I have no problem with good arguments and debates but yes, people have to actually engage in one if they want to be taken seriously.

It would help if people approached a disagreement with a bit more class and humor around here. Not every argument has to be proven with stats or analytics — this is a message board, afterall — but if your opinion is based on mostly guesswork, maybe you should be humble about it because yes, people will call you out on it.

Comment

• This thread has gone off the rails. Now it's just a bunch of people arguing about how to argue.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            This thread has gone off the rails. Now it's just a bunch of people arguing about how to argue.
            That tends to happen with any thread once you get into the thousands of posts....

Every topic has a shelf-life before people start to get bored

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              That tends to happen with any thread once you get into the thousands of posts....

Every topic has a shelf-life before people start to get bored
              I dunno the tank vs retool thread went on pretty strong for a long time.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                And even though the anti tankers (like myself ) ended up looking pretty good, the pro tankers will still argue "nuh-uh! Nobody won that debate because Ujiri was TRYING to tank"

You lost, tankers. Accept it.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

over 1 million thread views... RIP

Comment

And even though the anti tankers (like myself ) ended up looking pretty good, the pro tankers will still argue "nuh-uh! Nobody won that debate because Ujiri was TRYING to tank"

Not so much nobody won as being in good company on the wrong side of the outcome.

For all us nobodies who know thousandths of percentage points relative to NBA people, it is good to be in their company on ideas and beliefs - regardless of the outcome.

Comment

Why are you trying to start this again!?!?!?
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• In spite of the simplistic title of this thread, there's been lots of good discussion in here bout coaching, team building, player development, systems, in-game strategy, etc. Writing it all off on page 78 (or whatever) as a pile of bullsh*t is pretty lazy and thoughtless. Kind of ironic that the people doing this right now are calling all the other posters lazy and thoughtless.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Why are you trying to start this again!?!?!?
                          shits and giggles.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

over 1 million thread views... RIP
                            The Italian Dirk Nowitzki!

Comment

The Italian Dirk Nowitzki!
                              Dirk is actually the German Andrea Bargnani

Comment

This thread has gone off the rails. Now it's just a bunch of people arguing about how to argue.
                                LOL. Ok, I was part of that arguing about arguing detour, so let me attempt something to get this back on topic.

Might be over-generalizing, but it seems like we have 2 basic camps here: (1) #FireCasey, for various reasons, and (2) Casey knows more than you'll ever know, just check the record and STFU.

I'd like to propose a 3rd camp: Casey makes mistakes, like everybody else on the planet (which a lot of us non-experts see and just happen to point out in advance on this board). However, I don't really want him fired, but I actually hope he can learn from those mistakes and develop into an elite coach. Wishful thinking, maybe, but that's the ideal scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X