Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    One; I don't think you should be showing your face around here just now

Two; I don't think Dirk, or Tyson would be stupid enough to really warrant it. Monta has completely turned his career around under Carlisle, so I doubt he does either.
    I don't think they would either, but that's his equivalent to screaming at then benching Kyle or Demar. Now, screaming at and benching someone like, I don't know…James Johnson? That's equivalent to what Carlisle did last night. And for all we know, JJ might actually have been benched when he disappeared from the lineup a few weeks back.

Axel wrote: View Post
    Three; Rondo is a free agent after the season, so the risk of alienating a player and losing them is much higher with Rondo than in the Raps situation.
    Again, alienating Rondo might not even make Dallas worse at this moment. Alienating Lowry puts this Raptors team on down to the level of the Bucks or Bobcats.
    We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
      I don't think they would either, but that's his equivalent to screaming at then benching Kyle or Demar. Now, screaming at and benching someone like, I don't know…James Johnson? That's equivalent to what Carlisle did last night. And for all we know, JJ might actually have been benched when he disappeared from the lineup a few weeks back.

Again, alienating Rondo might not even make Dallas worse at this moment. Alienating Lowry puts this Raptors team on down to the level of the Bucks or Bobcats.
      So will continuing to allow these moronic long twos and quick treys.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        Do you believe the Mavs/Cuban dont have a lot to lose here? I believe they gave up a first and Brandon Wright plus (?) to get Rondo who becomes a UFA after the season. This is what good coaches do in order to get respect from the rest of the team. That was pure open insurbordination during a game.
        See above.

And to add to it: Rondo wasn't just voted into the All-Star game. He may not even be an average NBA pg right now. Ripping into him vs. ripping into Lowry are worlds apart.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          So will continuing to allow these moronic long twos and quick treys.
          Nah. This team playing exactly as it is now still easily beats the Bucks or Bobcats in the playoffs.

Comment

See above.

And to add to it: Rondo wasn't just voted into the All-Star game. He may not even be an average NBA pg right now. Ripping into him vs. ripping into Lowry are worlds apart.
            I know for a fact that Lakers are willing to trade for Lowry right now and give us picks ( of course not this years) or expiring contracts.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
              I know for a fact that Lakers are willing to trade for Lowry right now and give us picks ( of course not this years) or expiring contracts.
              Offer Randle and I might consider it.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

See above.

I am not even sure why Lowry is being brought into a current thread about a discipline action on another team. I dont know the exact dynamics of the particular Rondo event but it looks like he may have persistingly disregarded Carlisle's instructions...so Carlisle took him out, probably told him why and RR swore at Carlisle. If one must Lowry as a comparable there is no outward indication that DC is not ok with how KL is running the team. This of course if true is the source of much angst on the board. Lowry to his credit, in last nite's post game interview, took responsibility by saying he "was not playing good basketball". Recognition is a good first step.

Such disagreements are best addressed of course off the court. I am just coming at this from a discipline standpoint in terms of running a pro team.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  I am not even sure why Lowry is being brought into a current thread about a discipline action on another team. I dont know the exact dynamics of the particular Rondo event but it looks like he may have persistingly disregarded Carlisle's instructions...so Carlisle took him out, probably told him why and RR swore at Carlisle. If one must Lowry as a comparable there is no outward indication that DC is not ok with how KL is running the team. This of course if true is the source of much angst on the board. Lowry to his credit, in last nite's post game interview, took responsibility by saying he "was not playing good basketball". Recognition is a good first step.

Such disagreements are best addressed of course off the court. I am just coming at this from a discipline standpoint in terms of running a pro team.
                  Yeah, veering off into how Carlisle/Rondo is not an exact parallel to Casey/Lowry kind of misses the point. It's also moot since Casey/Lowry/DD are all on the same page so far as far as thinking nothing's really wrong yet. Casey hasn't seen any reason to bench anybody other than JV and JJ all year.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• "Just focus on defense and offense will take care of itself. We can score at will"
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• It's not even that there's no accountability, it's that Dwane Casey legitimately WANTS Demar Derozan and Kyle Lowry to chuck from 20 feet. Masai HAS to know this team has peaked with this old outdated numbskull at the helm. Please. PLEASE, #firecaseyTHISOFFSEASON, cause we ain't making a fuckin 3rd round anyways.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        It's not even that there's no accountability, it's that Dwane Casey legitimately WANTS Demar Derozan and Kyle Lowry to chuck from 20 feet. Masai HAS to know this team has peaked with this old outdated numbskull at the helm. Please. PLEASE, #firecaseyTHISOFFSEASON, cause we ain't making a fuckin 3rd round anyways.
                        3rd round? lol. play like this doesn't even get you out of the first round.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          It's not even that there's no accountability, it's that Dwane Casey legitimately WANTS Demar Derozan and Kyle Lowry to chuck from 20 feet. Masai HAS to know this team has peaked with this old outdated numbskull at the helm. Please. PLEASE, #firecaseyTHISOFFSEASON, cause we ain't making a fuckin 3rd round anyways.
                          really? according to what? i thought nick nurse was leading our offensive schemes? remember when people were saying last year that nick nurse totally fixed up our offense? so do people think casey is just veto'ing everything nick nurse says now or something?

Comment

• More and more for whatever reason it looks like DC is not the coach we need. I wonder how much (if at all ) he listens to his assistant coaches especially Nick Nurse re offensive woes? I kind of get the feeling he has tuned them out???

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              really? according to what? i thought nick nurse was leading our offensive schemes? remember when people were saying last year that nick nurse totally fixed up our offense? so do people think casey is just veto'ing everything nick nurse says now or something?
                              No man. It goes like this: if raps offence does well, nurse is the genius behind it and Casey had nothing to do with it. HOWEVER if the raps offence looks shitty, nurse had nothing to do with it and it's all Casey's fault
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                                No man. It goes like this: if raps offence does well, nurse is the genius behind it and Casey had nothing to do with it. HOWEVER if the raps offence looks shitty, nurse had nothing to do with it and it's all Casey's fault
                                Assistants don't run the team. If the offence is run well then whether its Nurse or Casey, Casey gets the credit for at least listening to his assistant. Doesn't matter since 4Q and in pressure situations Casey goes small and ISO. He doesn't even need to do both but he does. Last season everyone noticed how the offense and defense didn't look like this when the assistants were brought in.

Comment

Working...
                                X