#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    I've never really understood that since we are consistently one of the slowest paced teams under Casey.
    With the offense struggling for the better part of 2 months now, you would think we'd make more of an effort to seek easy points in transition (before the D has a chance to setup). Can't blame Casey for wanting to push the pace, but for some reason, our troops refuse to listen.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      Honestly, I wouldn't care if he got fired tomorrow. That sequence at the end was the last straw for me. Probably the dumbest coach in the league.
      They won't BUT If they did I don't see how we could be worse off at this point.

Comment

• But he has the best raptor record of all time. Shouldn't we respect the record?
        And by respect I mean avoid criticism and bashing?
        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Found it funny that while Ross was finally having a decent game (by his own low standards), he checked out at around the 4 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. Jack Armstrong goes, "he's playing well, he won't be sitting for long".

Low and behold, Ross doesn't get subbed back in until the 3-4 minute mark of the 4th (he basically sat for a full quarter).

One of the basic fundamentals of basketball is to feed the hot hand, which Casey has apparently never heard of. He sticks to his sub patters like a script, instead of adapting to how the game is unfolding.
          It's because there is no plan, it's playground basketball
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Fred Hoiberg of Iowa State. Former NBA player who's been successful transitioning to the coaching ranks.

Only 42 (10 years in NBA), been coaching at Iowa St since 2010.
            Bulls are interested in Hoiberg, if they let Thibs go...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...-tom-thibodeau

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
              But he has the best raptor record of all time. Shouldn't we respect the record?
              And by respect I mean avoid criticism and bashing?
              I know I'm new here and all ...
              But are you an idiot?

Comment

• Bourgozie wrote: View Post
                But are you an idiot?
                You are definetly new here, because that was sarcasm. He hates Casey.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

But are you an idiot?
                  He's being sarcastic loool

Smitch hates Casey

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    He's being sarcastic loool

Smitch hates Casey
                    Thank God

I thought that's what the pink font was for

Comment

Thank God

I thought that's what the pink font was for
                      It is, but maybe he's on mobile? You can't choose the color of the font when on mobile.

Comment

• MU please Fire DC now!!!'n

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          MU please Fire DC now!!!'n
                          Honestly regardless of where our franchise is headed this season, firing Casey now would send the best message... Like we are seeing terrible basketball game after game, the same iso, the same bad d, the same zero accountability.

Like for fuck sakes we have basically blown a fifty win season.... Which is unfathomable considering we had almost half of the wins 31 (!!) games into the season. This has been a meltdown of epic proportions, fire Casey.

Comment

• Man, I've been staunchly pro Casey, but in light of recent play, I have to admit that firing Casey must become a legitimate option immediately. I've gone from watching every game -- start to finish -- to turning off games because what I'm seeing no longer resembles basketball. I'm fine with losses, but I can't accept what I'm watching as basketball.

I don't completely blame Casey, however, this team is reaching on defense instead of forcing angles, not blocking out properly, and allowing anyone who wishes, to penetrate the paint. What does Casey do, when these are small issues and they're down say 5 points? He lets them play on, hoping that players will automatically correct mistakes.

That philosophy is fine when you're winning, but when your team has won 2 out of 9 games and you're still using that philosophy and teams like the Spurs and Hawks are doing the complete opposite and winning, maybe you should revisit your philosophy on timeouts?

Insanity is said to be doing the same thing and expecting different results. Casey is allowing small issues to become insurmountable deficits game after game and not adjusting his coaching philosophy. Either he adjusts his coaching philosophy to correct the current poor play, or Casey needs to go elsewhere.

Man, I never thought I'd ever type that.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Man, I've been staunchly pro Casey, but in light of recent play, I have to admit that firing Casey must become a legitimate option immediately. I've gone from watching every game -- start to finish -- to turning off games because what I'm seeing no longer resembles basketball. I'm fine with losses, but I can't accept what I'm watching as basketball.

I don't completely blame Casey, however, this team is reaching on defense instead of forcing angles, not blocking out properly, and allowing anyone who wishes, to penetrate the paint. What does Casey do, when these are small issues and they're down say 5 points? He lets them play on, hoping that players will automatically correct mistakes.

That philosophy is fine when you're winning, but when your team has won 2 out of 9 games and you're still using that philosophy and teams like the Spurs and Hawks are doing the complete opposite and winning, maybe you should revisit your philosophy on timeouts?

Insanity is said to be doing the same thing and expecting different results. Casey is allowing small issues to become insurmountable deficits game after game and not adjusting his coaching philosophy. Either he adjusts his coaching philosophy to correct the current poor play, or Casey needs to go elsewhere.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                Man, I've been staunchly pro Casey, but in light of recent play, I have to admit that firing Casey must become a legitimate option immediately. I've gone from watching every game -- start to finish -- to turning off games because what I'm seeing no longer resembles basketball. I'm fine with losses, but I can't accept what I'm watching as basketball.

Well make room on the fire Casey bandwagon for you

Comment

Working...
                                X