#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    I have switched over to majority side. I think the Raptors won last year in spite of him. When you watch closely you realize how brutal he is.
    This team is fatally flawed. We get nothing from the 3, 4 and 5 position. 3 and 4 because of lack of talent/consistency and 5 because lack of trust and depth.

Our 1 and 2 are talented but lack consistency are horribly inefficient, have low or average bball IQ and are not held accountable. Not to mention none of them are elite defenders.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      This team is fatally flawed. We get nothing from the 3, 4 and 5 position. 3 and 4 because of lack of talent/consistency and 5 because lack of trust and depth.

Our 1 and 2 are talented but lack consistency are horribly inefficient, have low or average bball IQ and are not held accountable. Not to mention none of them are elite defenders.
      Coaching sucks overhelping on the ball leading to open threes or rotations that leaves someone open under the rim or just blowbys. Casey's scheme only makes sense against Casey's terrible offense. Probably why it looks OK in practice.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post

Getting nothing from the 5 position is a terrible coaching flaw, considering one of our best players starts there. Not holding players accountable is another. Hard to say that the team is fatally flawed when two of the biggest issues (which you just listed) are coaching issues and could be responsible for other issues (guard inefficiency, overall offensive consistency).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Getting nothing from the 5 position is a terrible coaching flaw, considering one of our best players starts there. Not holding players accountable is another. Hard to say that the team is fatally flawed when two of the biggest issues (which you just listed) are coaching issues and could be responsible for other issues (guard inefficiency, overall offensive consistency).
          GV is averaging 3.6 APG while shooting 40%.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            GV is averaging 3.6 APG while shooting 40%.
            Point being?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Point being?
              He isn't playing PG

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Coaching sucks overhelping on the ball leading to open threes or rotations that leaves someone open under the rim or just blowbys. Casey's scheme only makes sense against Casey's terrible offense. Probably why it looks OK in practice.
                I honestly think this team would be better off throwing all "defensive schemes" out the window, and just guarding straight up 1-on-1, playground style.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  I really think that DC is the worst coach in the NBA. Yes he has most wins in Raptor history but his mental incompetence continues to baffle me. I really think with a proper coach we could be legit contenders in east.
                  I don't see it. With a competent coach, this team would still 2nd round fodder at best.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I honestly think this team would be better off throwing all "defensive schemes" out the window, and just guarding straight up 1-on-1, playground style.
                    He was known for some weird Zone-man defense that stifled Miami in the Finals .. and I literally don't think we've seen or heard about it since he came here ...

1-on-1, too many guys would be calling "HELP!" and leaving JV high and dry .. which I guess they already do. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      He was known for some weird Zone-man defense that stifled Miami in the Finals .. and I literally don't think we've seen or heard about it since he came here ...

1-on-1, too many guys would be calling "HELP!" and leaving JV high and dry .. which I guess they already do. Lol
                      Lol, that's what I was trying to get at. It couldn't get any worse than what we're seeing now.

But the benefit is that there's no system or teammates to blame. If a guy scores, it's your fault. Take some pride in guarding your man.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Lol, that's what I was trying to get at. It couldn't get any worse than what we're seeing now.

But the benefit is that there's no system or teammates to blame. If a guy scores, it's your fault. Take some pride in guarding your man.
                        It would certainly free up a lot of the thinking on defence. Don't need to make complicated reads or rotations, just guard your man.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          It would certainly free up a lot of the thinking on defence. Don't need to make complicated reads or rotations, just guard your man.
                          Yeah, our defense right now seems to make things way more difficult for the defenders then they need to be, and way easier for the opposing offence. Any decent offense right now can do a few simple things, watch for specific breakdowns, and then make simple plays to capitalize on these breakdowns, resulting in high-efficiency shots. How often can they make it through a full shot-clock without a breakdown if an offence is moving the ball and looking for an opening against them? I'd say almost never; when we do get a shot-clock violation, it seems to be more often because a team has overpassed when they already had an open shot.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, our defense right now seems to make things way more difficult for the defenders then they need to be, and way easier for the opposing offence. Any decent offense right now can do a few simple things, watch for specific breakdowns, and then make simple plays to capitalize on these breakdowns, resulting in high-efficiency shots. How often can they make it through a full shot-clock without a breakdown if an offence is moving the ball and looking for an opening against them? I'd say almost never; when we do get a shot-clock violation, it seems to be more often because a team has overpassed when they already had an open shot.
                            To the bold, that is essentially a by-product of our scheme. Any help-heavy defence is incredibly difficult to sustain over a full shot clock if the other team is passing the ball.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Any help-heavy defence is incredibly difficult to sustain over a full shot clock if the other team is passing the ball.
                              The only offense our defense works against is our own...hm.

Comment

• Predictable

Axel wrote: View Post
                                To the bold, that is essentially a by-product of our scheme. Any help-heavy defence is incredibly difficult to sustain over a full shot clock if the other team is passing the ball.
                                Ok this last month has been the most frustrating as Raptors fan since Andrea B stinking it up.

The main problem is the predictability of D. Casey.

The same lineup goes out in the start of the fourth, the other team puts out their best players, the raps go down more than 10 and then they lose.

I am not a JV fan boy but if I have to hear that asshole aussie on the Starters talk about how JV isn't good I am going to lose it. He's not getting the minutes at the end of the game, instead you get Amir who can't guard anyone as his ankles are bad.

Casey is so predictable that even Scott Brooks can out coach him.

Please Masai helps us from the most predictable basketball since Jay Triano.

Comment

Working...
                                X