#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Im not sure what you mean about hindsight. Atlanta has been building a very solid, tight and smart team for a while now. I do NOT speak for everyone, but they were a team I really liked last year, and I was a bit envious watching how they played....and this year it only developed more.

As for Golden State. Again, not speaking for anyone but myself, but I thought Steph Curry was vastly, and I mean HUGELY underrated when he was drafted. The guys does everything right, fundamentally perfect. I wouldn't think many people are THAT surprised they are doing well. Thompson however..... I didnt see him coming.

I think SMART does = wins.... I truly do man. I like smart ball. do you need to ask who my second fav team is?

Atlanta's a unique case though. With the majority of coaches in the league, they're a borderline playoff/lottery team. GS on the other hand probably wins 50 games no matter who's coaching them.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Im not sure what you mean about hindsight. Atlanta has been building a very solid, tight and smart team for a while now. I do NOT speak for everyone, but they were a team I really liked last year, and I was a bit envious watching how they played....and this year it only developed more.

As for Golden State. Again, not speaking for anyone but myself, but I thought Steph Curry was vastly, and I mean HUGELY underrated when he was drafted. The guys does everything right, fundamentally perfect. I wouldn't think many people are THAT surprised they are doing well. Thompson however..... I didnt see him coming.

I think SMART does = wins.... I truly do man. I like smart ball. do you need to ask who my second fav team is?

JimiCliff pretty much already covered my opinion. Atlanta would not be this good a team with most other coaches. Fully playing above their talent level.

I just wanted to say, though, that Curry was never in any way underrated. Coming out of the draft people were talking about how he could be an even better Steve Nash (ie a true PG who's an even better scorer than Nash and can put up similarly great %s). The absolute only knock on him was he had serious red flags on his ankles. It's the only reason he wasn't a top 5 pick, I think.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        JimiCliff pretty much already covered my opinion. Atlanta would not be this good a team with most other coaches. Fully playing above their talent level.

I just wanted to say, though, that Curry was never in any way underrated. Coming out of the draft people were talking about how he could be an even better Steve Nash (ie a true PG who's an even better scorer than Nash and can put up similarly great %s). The absolute only knock on him was he had serious red flags on his ankles. It's the only reason he wasn't a top 5 pick, I think.
        He was also a bad defender who wasn't athletic enough for the NBA they said loool
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          He was also a bad defender who wasn't athletic enough for the NBA they said loool
          And that's kind of true, and was of Nash, and many other PGs as well.

However it had no real impact on his draft standing. He fell because of his ankles. Which was the same reason GSW was able to negotiate a bargain contract extension.

Comment

• ATL has talented players. Maybe with different coach they wouldn't be this good but they still would be a playoff team. Last year everybody knew ATL could be good. They had a good record before Horford went down.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              ATL has talented players. Maybe with different coach they wouldn't be this good but they still would be a playoff team. Last year everybody knew ATL could be good. They had a good record before Horford went down.
              Yeah, absolutely, but I think most would've capped them as a 45-50 win team at best...not a 60 win juggernaut.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Yeah, absolutely, but I think most would've capped them as a 45-50 win team at best...not a 60 win juggernaut.
                I still can't believe Kyle Korver was shooting 50-50-90
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  I still can't believe Kyle Korver was shooting 50-50-90
                  Hahaha

That I have no trouble believing. That's his job. I'm still more surprised he got an all-star nod...but hey, the East was trash this year again, so it makes sense.

Comment

Lol. For some reason, we're going at it today. It's all good.

100% agree with you on SMART ball. Is there really any other opinion to be had?

Talent, though. That's a tough one. Guys like Lebron, Durant, Wiggins. That's easy.

But think about projecting the talent ceiling for: Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut on their draft night. Be honest. I think you're talking treadmill team in the West as a best case. Maybe you're the exception with recognizing Curry, but for the vast majority of fans and experts, I don't think anybody would have been surprised to see the exact same roster barely missing the playoffs year after year.

I remember saw a quote once from Kevin Love who grew up with Klay Thompson saying how mind-blowing it was to see Thomposon even as a reserve on USA basketball practice squad a couple years ago. The performance of these guys vs. perceived talent ceiling coming into the league is phenomenal. Same thing is happening in Atlanta and Memphis. And San Antonio. There are other things at play than innate talent.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I'm not a big fan of Casey, but I think he has some element of common sense. JJ would definitely get minutes in a matchup vs. Lebron.
                      I hope you are right. But remember last year vs BKN when all of us were clambering for Landry Fields to guard JJ?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        I hope you are right. But remember last year vs BKN when all of us were clambering for Landry Fields to guard JJ?
                        Didn't Fields hurt his back chasing a ball out of bounds early in that series?

Comment

Was that confirmed?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                            Was that confirmed?
                            No clue. I just have a vague memory of him crashing into seats and never returning.

Comment

He did. But DC was slow to utilize him when clearly changes needed to be made. My point is that DC is slow to react ....especially when it clear toost of the posters on this forum that something is not working.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                He did. But DC was slow to utilize him when clearly changes needed to be made. My point is that DC is slow to react ....especially when it clear toost of the posters on this forum that something is not working.
                                To most not toost

Comment

Working...
                                X