#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    He did. But DC was slow to utilize him when clearly changes needed to be made. My point is that DC is slow to react ....especially when it clear toost of the posters on this forum that something is not working.
    Agree he's slow to react.

But to be fair, Fields only played 300 total minutes last year (compared to JJ's 1200 minutes this year). I can't really blame Casey for not relying on his 13th man to win us a series

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      JimiCliff pretty much already covered my opinion. Atlanta would not be this good a team with most other coaches. Fully playing above their talent level.
      hahahaha omg. Ok, I'll bite, please explain to me player for player how this is.

I just cant get enough of this.

so Atlanta is a lottery team without the coach?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Lol. For some reason, we're going at it today. It's all good.

100% agree with you on SMART ball. Is there really any other opinion to be had?

Talent, though. That's a tough one. Guys like Lebron, Durant, Wiggins. That's easy.

But think about projecting the talent ceiling for: Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut on their draft night. Be honest. I think you're talking treadmill team in the West as a best case. Maybe you're the exception with recognizing Curry, but for the vast majority of fans and experts, I don't think anybody would have been surprised to see the exact same roster barely missing the playoffs year after year.

I remember saw a quote once from Kevin Love who grew up with Klay Thompson saying how mind-blowing it was to see Thomposon even as a reserve on USA basketball practice squad a couple years ago. The performance of these guys vs. perceived talent ceiling coming into the league is phenomenal. Same thing is happening in Atlanta and Memphis. And San Antonio. There are other things at play than innate talent.
        Well this is why most media, most message board, and most all sport stalk is silly.

This is why i defend a fans right to be fickle, or a flip flip.... as some guys call um.

You never know.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          Well this is why most media, most message board, and most all sport stalk is silly.

This is why i defend a fans right to be fickle, or a flip flip.... as some guys call um.

You never know.
          And that's why when the Masai-ah says that a lot of success in the NBA comes down to luck, I'm starting to believe him. Injuries, salary cap, free agency, the draft, player motivation, and coaching all have to line up perfectly. Makes the whole tank vs. anti-tank debate laughable, in a way. Forget talent, forget smart basketball. Luck matters more.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            And that's why when the Masai-ah says that a lot of success in the NBA comes down to luck, I'm starting to believe him. Injuries, salary cap, free agency, the draft, player motivation, and coaching all have to line up perfectly. Makes the whole tank vs. anti-tank debate laughable, in a way. Forget talent, forget smart basketball. Luck matters more.
            Knicks would suck even if they had leprechauns chained to the bench. Most playoff teams were known preseason even the Bucks

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Knicks would suck even if they had leprechauns chained to the bench. Most playoff teams were known preseason even the Bucks
              True, lol. Luck also assumes even minimal competency in ownership and management and the Dolan-led Knicks don't qualify.

Btw, did anybody see where Dolan personally attacked a long-time Knick fan and calling him an alcoholic and hurling other insults in an email? Surreal.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Agree he's slow to react.

But to be fair, Fields only played 300 total minutes last year (compared to JJ's 1200 minutes this year). I can't really blame Casey for not relying on his 13th man to win us a series
                To be fair, loads of posters were calling for Fields to be used way more than his 300 minutes during the season, so that excuse doesn't really fly.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  hahahaha omg. Ok, I'll bite, please explain to me player for player how this is.

I just cant get enough of this.

so Atlanta is a lottery team without the coach?
                  No. Learn to read. I posted somewhere that most probably would've had them pegged as a 45-50 win team, not a 60+ win juggernaut. Hey look, here it is! You just keep superjudging without actually reading or giving a fuck what anyone says there...

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, absolutely, but I think most would've capped them as a 45-50 win team at best...not a 60 win juggernaut.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    To be fair, loads of posters were calling for Fields to be used way more than his 300 minutes during the season, so that excuse doesn't really fly.
                    I dunno, I just can't say with a straight face that we missed an opportunity by not having Fields in our rotation last year.

Comment

I dunno, I just can't say with a straight face that we missed an opportunity by not having Fields in our rotation last year.
                      In all honesty, would you rather have used him, Salmons or Ross?

People don't get what Landry brings on D and off the ball. His IQ is very high, and does all the small things so well. Plus, we still don't know how his new shot is.... I mean, the last I heard is that he trying to shoot with his left anyways.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        In all honesty, would you rather have used him, Salmons or Ross?

People don't get what Landry brings on D and off the ball. His IQ is very high, and does all the small things so well. Plus, we still don't know how his new shot is.... I mean, the last I heard is that he trying to shoot with his left anyways.
                        Last year, the answer would've definitively been Ross.

This year, I'm starting to loose faith in Ross, but still see no real purpose for Fields. Every minute Fields has played this year, should've gone to Bruno simply for the sake of development/experience.

Comment

Last year, the answer would've definitively been Ross.

This year, I'm starting to loose faith in Ross, but still see no real purpose for Fields. Every minute Fields has played this year, should've gone to Bruno simply for the sake of development/experience.
                          In all honesty, I don't think Bruno is quite ready to play for us just yet, even in garbage minutes. I mean, I want to see more of the kid in D-League action for now.

That being said, would you have placed Salmons over Fields? I wouldn't.... no where even close. I knew he was the trash of that trade, and I'm happy to be rid of him and soon the semi-trash we got back for him (I honestly think Lou going will be addition by subtraction).
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Exactly. The posters were ahead of the curve.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              In all honesty, I don't think Bruno is quite ready to play for us just yet, even in garbage minutes. I mean, I want to see more of the kid in D-League action for now.

That being said, would you have placed Salmons over Fields? I wouldn't.... no where even close. I knew he was the trash of that trade, and I'm happy to be rid of him and soon the semi-trash we got back for him (I honestly think Lou going will be addition by subtraction).
                              Yup, I'll give you Fields over Salmons.

Comment

I badly want to believe in Fields, like he's our Shane Battier, minus the 3pt shot (which doesn't leave much); but having a hard time getting on that bandwagon. The things he does well, like moving the ball and cutting smartly, just aren't valued in our system, so I'm not sure if it matters anyway. And opposing D's knows he's not going to shoot, so they can load up even more on KL & DD isos.

Rotation-wise, if we simply started the People's Lineup (KL/DD/JJ/PP/JV) from here on in, just to see if that unit can gel, then I'd be pretty happy with Casey.

Comment

Working...
                                X