#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Everything you say is true. I am just am not yet convinced that MU will pull the trigger.
    If He does not , then he is neck deep in it right along side DC and fans will not have this merciful attitude toward him next season.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
      If He does not , then he is neck deep in it right along side DC and fans will not have this merciful attitude toward him next season.
      Hopefully MU fires DC as quickly as he extended him last season. The Raptors can get one outside FA or have 2 -3 Expirings they may want to bring back and who depends on the direction of the team.

Comment

• "We have to show some defensive pride," Raptors head coach Dwane Casey told reporters after his team's 108-92 loss to the Bulls on March 20. "We have to stop worrying that 'so-and-so got one shot [but instead] so-and-so got no stops.' We have to get the kind of personality where we don't worry about scoring. I'm concerned about who is stopping who."

Don't think its possible to hate a coach more than I hate this guy.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
          "We have to show some defensive pride," Raptors head coach Dwane Casey told reporters after his team's 108-92 loss to the Bulls on March 20. "We have to stop worrying that 'so-and-so got one shot [but instead] so-and-so got no stops.' We have to get the kind of personality where we don't worry about scoring. I'm concerned about who is stopping who."

Hey, nice avatar.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
            This sums sums up my feelings pretty well. I don't really need a tear down or an all in commitment but I really want to see him make a statement about the direction he wants things to go

Comment

• I watch other team's announcers all the time-can'T stand mat and leo (except for Hou , Clev & Boston, they're horrible).
              But it does give you another perspective, it tells you a bit how the outside world are seeing the raps.
              And most of them point to the usage of JV (clips, bulls, Pels, Griz) to name a few, these guys have no idea of the raps are doing. Either Casey is a genius or no other basketball minds can comprehend what he's doing CAUSE IT'S STUPID.

The Iso Lou thing is another one that usually come up with other announcers. I would fire him just for that.
              You could run 100 plays to finish a quarter and yet you choose A CONTESTED STEP BACK 3PT SHOT OF THE DRIBBLE being taken by someone NOT NAMED Stephen Curry, YOU'RE FIRED !

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              I don't often watch other teams' broadcasts, but whenever I do, it always seems like this comes up.

We've got an offensive thoroughbred and we're treating him like a mongrel donkey.

Comment

• distorsun wrote: View Post
                I watch other team's announcers all the time-can'T stand mat and leo (except for Hou , Clev & Boston, they're horrible).
                But it does give you another perspective, it tells you a bit how the outside world are seeing the raps.
                And most of them point to the usage of JV (clips, bulls, Pels, Griz) to name a few, these guys have no idea of the raps are doing. Either Casey is a genius or no other basketball minds can comprehend what he's doing CAUSE IT'S STUPID.

The Iso Lou thing is another one that usually come up with other announcers. I would fire him just for that.
                You could run 100 plays to finish a quarter and yet you choose A CONTESTED STEP BACK 3PT SHOT OF THE DRIBBLE being taken by someone NOT NAMED Stephen Curry, YOU'RE FIRED !
                I have a soft spot for the Lou iso's, even if he misses most of the time. Just fun to watch anyway Unfortunately his step back and float left is extremely predictable. He should drive and dish more often.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                  "We have to show some defensive pride," Raptors head coach Dwane Casey told reporters after his team's 108-92 loss to the Bulls on March 20. "We have to stop worrying that 'so-and-so got one shot [but instead] so-and-so got no stops.' We have to get the kind of personality where we don't worry about scoring. I'm concerned about who is stopping who."

You've got to be joking. I'm assuming he's taking a shot at the concerns over JV's usage.

Sweeping this issue under the rug won't cut it. It's easier to recover on defense after a missed shot near the rim instead of a shot from the outside. How many transition opportunities does the team give up because of the offensive style of play? Bah
                  OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                    You've got to be joking. I'm assuming he's taking a shot at the concerns over JV's usage.

Sweeping this issue under the rug won't cut it. It's easier to recover on defense after a missed shot near the rim instead of a shot from the outside. How many transition opportunities does the team give up because of the offensive style of play? Bah
                    I read that 100% differently the first time, but now that you have it highlighted... Man that looks exactly like he's taking a shot at JV. So because JV can't do what DC wants he won't let JV do what he can? And by do what DC wants I mean he can't prevent every blow by that comes from having a sieve on the perimeter with a system that lets opposing teams get into the lane...

I just... I can't...

Comment

• I took it to mean that the first so-and-so was JV while the second so-and-so was all the players in general. Doesn't make any sense because our guards play no D while taking 75% of the teams shots just about every game. This is Casey, says one thing but that thing is not reflected in his decision making (plays Lou 25 mins per game while JJ can't crack the rotation most nights).

Comment

• Just saw this from the other day. 12 games left now, but still appropriate...

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I have been here less and less lately..... and reading all this crap I can see why.

I have no idea why this team has become shit. Same coach coached um last year when they played well. Oddly, nobody talks about lowry being in a contract year last year.... seems the team was lead better last year, more cohesive. this year, not so much, I guess you can pin it on a coach, but I sometimes wonder if you guys take into account that NBA coaches are coaching Adult men. Not children in HS or college. Grown men who need to be led by their own peers much more than one might think.

The coach is operating with better skill right? You guys like Lou, somebody here said Patterson was an addition, Bebe hahahaha no, but the other two maybe. But maybe with all this better skill, and all this new reliance on JV (which you guys dont acknowledge, but his role has been expanded and he simply isn't as effective with it yet as you guys like to think he is). So whats the big drop off?

Effort.

It comes from players, WAY more than people might like to admit. Chemistry issues arise when you add flash scorers Like Williams. In the room struggles start when tight knit groups have to accept new personalities, and if your so called leader has to baby sit all this, without the 100% on board support of every player (guys like JJ come to mind, he was benched for a reason, they just aint airing it), when he has to babysit, after a contract year, and maybe he isn't up for it, well maybe he loses a bit of control.

You have a coach that is desperately trying to get pro minutes out of a guy like Ross, desperately trying to get guys like Vasquez and patterson back to where they were just a year ago. A room that has changed, with some of its powerful people, guys like Derozan and Amir playing poorly, Amir losing clout as his play and body are being diminished.... and you get what you get.

Pu tit all on the coach if you want guys, thats your opinion, but I'd like to maybe point out that really, nothing going on is so complex when you put some time in thinking about it. Toronto has taken a pretty understandable step back. They played beyond their talent level last year using effort and an incredibly cohesive room. The GM ripped that apart for cap flexibility, it was a move that was needed but it had results you gotta live with. More understanding and less whining and MOB mentality needs to exists on a thread like this. Dwayne Casey is not the problem in Toronto. Id go as far as saying this, givin the facts as stated..... there actually ISN'T a problem in Toronto. They are still a year or two away.

Comment

• ^ I hear what you're saying... but... Fire Casey...

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              I have been here less and less lately..... and reading all this crap I can see why.

I have no idea why this team has become shit. Same coach coached um last year when they played well. Oddly, nobody talks about lowry being in a contract year last year.... seems the team was lead better last year, more cohesive. this year, not so much, I guess you can pin it on a coach, but I sometimes wonder if you guys take into account that NBA coaches are coaching Adult men. Not children in HS or college. Grown men who need to be led by their own peers much more than one might think.

The coach is operating with better skill right? You guys like Lou, somebody here said Patterson was an addition, Bebe hahahaha no, but the other two maybe. But maybe with all this better skill, and all this new reliance on JV (which you guys dont acknowledge, but his role has been expanded and he simply isn't as effective with it yet as you guys like to think he is). So whats the big drop off?

Effort.

It comes from players, WAY more than people might like to admit. Chemistry issues arise when you add flash scorers Like Williams. In the room struggles start when tight knit groups have to accept new personalities, and if your so called leader has to baby sit all this, without the 100% on board support of every player (guys like JJ come to mind, he was benched for a reason, they just aint airing it), when he has to babysit, after a contract year, and maybe he isn't up for it, well maybe he loses a bit of control.

You have a coach that is desperately trying to get pro minutes out of a guy like Ross, desperately trying to get guys like Vasquez and patterson back to where they were just a year ago. A room that has changed, with some of its powerful people, guys like Derozan and Amir playing poorly, Amir losing clout as his play and body are being diminished.... and you get what you get.

Pu tit all on the coach if you want guys, thats your opinion, but I'd like to maybe point out that really, nothing going on is so complex when you put some time in thinking about it. Toronto has taken a pretty understandable step back. They played beyond their talent level last year using effort and an incredibly cohesive room. The GM ripped that apart for cap flexibility, it was a move that was needed but it had results you gotta live with. More understanding and less whining and MOB mentality needs to exists on a thread like this. Dwayne Casey is not the problem in Toronto. Id go as far as saying this, givin the facts as stated..... there actually ISN'T a problem in Toronto. They are still a year or two away.
                              Casey has been a head coach for 6 seasons, same issues for all season except a couple month when he was a lame duck. Team unprepared, wide open threes and just bizarre rotations. He could not cobble together a good defense with Garnett. The year he was assistant with Chandler, Marion and Kidd his defense rating was about 105, they improved to 102 when he left

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                I have been here less and less lately..... and reading all this crap I can see why.

Effort.

You've started the post stating you don't know why they've slipped then you stated it is due to a lack of effort and lockerroom issues.

You're entitled to your opinion but I can't figure out how it would be anything near fact. Not a single one of us can speak to the dynamics of that lockerroom. I've been a part of lockerrooms but never NBA lockerrooms. I don't know what goes on and am not going to pretend I do. I respect your opinion though - as valid as any, maybe more so.

My opinions are based what I am seeing on the court. The game plan and strategy is devised by the coaches. It is the job of the players to carry it out. I lay fault on casey because:
                                1) the game plan and strategy is flawed, it rarely changes, and the team is predictable. Opposing teams know what they are going to run into game after game. That is on Casey.
                                2) assuming the game plan is not flawed we run into two more issues:
                                A) there is a lack of accountability and the inmates/players are running the asylum - that is on the coach,
                                B) the players are incapable of performing the gameplan and strategy therefore the coach is not adapting to what he has and maximizing the roster - fault again with coach.

Casey has done a lot of good in toronto but his time has run its course. He is not a coach for torontor next step.

I definitely agree they are still a year or two away but they are going to need another coach to get them there. If you watch the games and think the team is well coached we will likely never agree on the topic. No biggie.

Comment

Working...
                                X