• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimicliff wrote: View Post
    just so we can turn our minds to happier things for a couple of seconds:

Look at harden on this chart!

In a league of his own
    85 attempts by lou!!! And under 30%. Wtf!!!

Comment

• keith wrote: View Post
      85 attempts by lou!!! And under 30%. Wtf!!!
      Yeah, but its a shot he usually makes and you have to trust your guys. (sarcasm)
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

• Lou taking the last shot is like trusting DeAndre Jordan to make free throws when you're down 2.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I wonder what it was like when he was coaching Dallas. Casey probably told them to do something and Kidd would be like shut the fuck up case, you know nothing, because he clearly knew what he was doing when running the point better than Casey will ever have a clue as coach.

Comment

• GOOD ONE.
            IT is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Zach Lowe was so flabbergasted he couldn't even use correct grammar.

Comment

• keith wrote: View Post
              I was actually wondering if the recently retired Steve Nash was interested. I've never been a fan of the player going straight to HC, but I do think Nash would be a good HC. Better then the current coach at least!
              Nash seems like too much of a nice guy to be a disciplinarian, in the same mold as Triano.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Nash seems like too much of a nice guy to be a disciplinarian, in the same mold as Triano.
                Nash hasn't shown any interest in coaching as far as I can tell. If he wants to be an assistant on our new coach's squad them I'm down. Shows how desperate we are that we're interested in retired PG's who have never even said they want to coach.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Nash hasn't shown any interest in coaching as far as I can tell. If he wants to be an assistant on our new coach's squad them I'm down. Shows how desperate we are that we're interested in retired PG's who have never even said they want to coach.
                  Well yes we are desperate but we aren't actually considering it as much as thinking about the possibility. I would prefer a seasoned HC that has a decent playbook.

Comment

• Found this on Reddit. Sadly, it's not even close to his worst habit anymore:

http://i.imgur.com/S9djzyg.gif

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Mindblowing. An NBA coaching staff can't be this ignorant... right?
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                        Found this on Reddit. Sadly, it's not even close to his worst habit anymore:

http://i.imgur.com/S9djzyg.gif
                        LOL, is that how it actually went down? I don't remember.

Comment

• I am so fucking pissed today.

Zero justification. And now it appears he's resorted to lying to save face. There is nobody out there that can find any defense for the last 2 minutes of that game(Greivis????), let alone the last 20 seconds.

And don't get me started on James Johnson.

I'm still going to watch the games, but what we've learned is basically if any game comes down to the last possession (frequently in playoffs), it's Lou stepback ISO, which is a 27% success rate.

Basically, we're fucked. If we don't fire Casey I have lost faith in Masai. Period.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Well, I'm pretty sure every poster on this board wants Casey fired.

WE FINALLY AGREED ON SOMETHING!!! YAY!!!!
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              Well, I'm pretty sure every poster on this board wants Casey fired.

WE FINALLY AGREED ON SOMETHING!!! YAY!!!!
                              It took different amounts of time for people.

I was never a big fan, but my threshold was reached with the "we don't have personnel to pass" comments he made earlier this season.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Basically, we're fucked. If we don't fire Casey I have lost faith in Masai. Period.
                                The thing that baffles me is that Casey doesn't look like a coach who thinks his job is on the line. I know people here often describe him as an idiot, but let's dispense with the hyperbole for a minute: he's not an idiot, in any real sense of the word. If he had been given any reason to suspect that he's on the hotseat, he wouldn't let things like last night's final sequence happen... unless he's been given reason to think that MU likes LW isos. No, he looks like a coach who thinks that he's got a long leash, who sees himself comfortably in the early part of a multi-year process.
                                Which means either Ujiri has given him a vote of confidence and told him he's got a couple years to get this team to the next level, or Ujiri simply letting Casey dig his own grave. And I've heard other posters express the latter, but I'm not sure I believe it. It's just not good business practice to implicitly encourage your employees to perform poorly so that you can later fire them. He wouldn't have resigned Casey last year unless he wanted to give Casey a chance to be the long term coach. You don't go from re-signing a guy to trying to give yourself room to fire him in a half-season; you try to get them to improve so that you don't need to fire him.

All of which is simply to say, I'm not as optimistic as most are about an off-season firing. Right now I think it takes a first-round exit for Casey to get canned.

Comment

Working...
                                X