#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It took different amounts of time for people.

I was never a big fan, but my threshold was reached with the "we don't have personnel to pass" comments he made earlier this season.
    Don't be a buzzkill! RR is finally completely united in the hatred of our coach!!! YAY!!!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      The thing that baffles me is that Casey doesn't look like a coach who thinks his job is on the line. I know people here often describe him as an idiot, but let's dispense with the hyperbole for a minute: he's not an idiot, in any real sense of the word. If he had been given any reason to suspect that he's on the hotseat, he wouldn't let things like last night's final sequence happen... unless he's been given reason to think that MU likes LW isos. No, he looks like a coach who thinks that he's got a long leash, who sees himself comfortably in the early part of a multi-year process.
      Which means either Ujiri has given him a vote of confidence and told him he's got a couple years to get this team to the next level, or Ujiri simply letting Casey dig his own grave. And I've heard other posters express the latter, but I'm not sure I believe it. It's just not good business practice to implicitly encourage your employees to perform poorly so that you can later fire them. He wouldn't have resigned Casey last year unless he wanted to give Casey a chance to be the long term coach. You don't go from re-signing a guy to trying to give yourself room to fire him in a half-season; you try to get them to improve so that you don't need to fire him.

All of which is simply to say, I'm not as optimistic as most are about an off-season firing. Right now I think it takes a first-round exit for Casey to get canned.
      I think, to a certain extent, he has given Casey a vote of confidence, but I don't think with a timeline. I honestly believe Masai is hands off when it comes to the coaching of the team. He doesn't want to meddle, and thus is probably not the type to make reactionary changes in season. He's letting Casey coach the way he wants this season (and last season), and doesn't want anything disrupting the team in the meantime.

We'll find out the truth in the offseason, but some of us think the structuring of Casey's deal was to give Ujiri to freedom to re-evaulate and possibly change things up as early as this offseason.

**Also Casey has never seemed like he feels that pressure. He always made comments like "I've known how to fish for a long time" whenever people asked last year about his future and possibly being let go by the team.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        The thing that baffles me is that Casey doesn't look like a coach who thinks his job is on the line. I know people here often describe him as an idiot, but let's dispense with the hyperbole for a minute: he's not an idiot, in any real sense of the word. If he had been given any reason to suspect that he's on the hotseat, he wouldn't let things like last night's final sequence happen... unless he's been given reason to think that MU likes LW isos. No, he looks like a coach who thinks that he's got a long leash, who sees himself comfortably in the early part of a multi-year process.
        Which means either Ujiri has given him a vote of confidence and told him he's got a couple years to get this team to the next level, or Ujiri simply letting Casey dig his own grave. And I've heard other posters express the latter, but I'm not sure I believe it. It's just not good business practice to implicitly encourage your employees to perform poorly so that you can later fire them. He wouldn't have resigned Casey last year unless he wanted to give Casey a chance to be the long term coach. You don't go from re-signing a guy to trying to give yourself room to fire him in a half-season; you try to get them to improve so that you don't need to fire him.

All of which is simply to say, I'm not as optimistic as most are about an off-season firing. Right now I think it takes a first-round exit for Casey to get canned.
        Next year is guaranteed, so he gets another 4 million fired or not, plus Marc Cuban already said he wants him back as an assistant. I wouldn't stress either, guaranteed big pay day, next job already lined up, at this point i don't think he gives a damn or he would have made changes already.

Comment

• So if Masai keeps Casey. What would be the reaction here by the #FireCasey people? Fire Masai?? gonna be interesting. I actually can't wait till the season is over. Gonna be hilarious.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            So if Masai keeps Casey. What would be the reaction here by the #FireCasey people? Fire Masai?? gonna be interesting. I actually can't wait till the season is over. Gonna be hilarious.

Probably the same as it was this year among the posters who felt the hot start this season was fuelled by an easy schedule and atrocious Eastern Conference. Watching the team and rooting for them can be done in spite of a belief that what you're watching and cheering for isn't the right strategy or as good as it could potentially be.

I've watched every game this season (thank you PVR) even though I think DC is a detriment to this team and the development of the young players, and even though I hope the head coach and half the roster is gone next season. If none/some of that actually happens, it won't stop me from being as big a fan or as strong a supporter next season.

Why not add to the conversation instead of just taking swipes against posters who have a different view/opinion?

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
              Don't be a buzzkill! RR is finally completely united in the hatred of our coach!!! YAY!!!!!
              Not completely, there are still some who justify what he does.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                So if Masai keeps Casey. What would be the reaction here by the #FireCasey people? Fire Masai?? gonna be interesting. I actually can't wait till the season is over. Gonna be hilarious.

I'm a Masai believer but I will absolutely turn on him if he brings Casey back. It's by far the biggest and most important decision he'll have made in his tenure as GM. I was pretty pissed when he was brought back for this season, but I understood the reasoning (we had 2nd half momentum, 1st playoff appearance in forever, most wins ever). After this disaster of a 2nd half, limping into the playoffs looking like dog shit, likely blowing our chance at 50 wins (he found a way), I just don't see any logical reason to bring Casey back.

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                  Found this on Reddit. Sadly, it's not even close to his worst habit anymore:

http://i.imgur.com/S9djzyg.gif
                  Embed it so everyone can enjoy without having to click a link.

Comment

• And the evidence keeps on piling up. Defensive coach my ass.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• We might lose every game to end the season. Even LA is playing well now. I put us at 3 more wins. I'd be absolutely shocked if we tied last seasons win total. Only 10 games left and we're at 42 wins. The only bright side is my fear that we won't fire Casey diminishes each game.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        We might lose every game to end the season. Even LA is playing well now. I put us at 3 more wins. I'd be absolutely shocked if we tied last seasons win total. Only 10 games left and we're at 42 wins. The only bright side is my fear that we won't fire Casey diminishes each game.
                        Great - better pick, lose Casey doesn't impact anything

Comment

• http://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/730632

Not sure if he's the man to replace casey, but it's not like the league is overflowing with choices. Maybe if he takes over the Nets, raps can pick up hollins?

Comment

• Any Casey supporters?

Mods feel free to merge this into any of the Casey threads in a day or two, or just delete it then, just wanted to see if there's anyone on here that thinks Casey shouldn't get fired this offseason.

Doesn't matter if you think he's a good coach or not, but if you think he should not be fired let me know in this thread.

I'll respectfully disagree and anyone that does disagree please don't be rude, everyone has opinions.

Comment

• Gonna take a miraculous run... like 7 game ECF run to make me change my mind. And i say that because if that happens, we should be playing some very good basketball at the right time of the year. So I guess we'll see. Anything short of that... meeehhhh weellllllllll let's not get into that right now.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                Gonna take a miraculous run... like 7 game ECF run to make me change my mind. And i say that because if that happens, we should be playing some very good basketball at the right time of the year. So I guess we'll see. Anything short of that... meeehhhh weellllllllll let's not get into that right now.
                                LOL so no?

I only made this thread so that if there's no one that can say that as of right now they don't want Casey fored then RR finally agreed on something.

We can celebrate or something so losing in the playoffs doesn't hurt as much lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X