X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Mods I said in a day or two now no one's gonna see that

Comment

• I remember Lawrence Frank being discussed as one of the Raptor targets before Casey was hired. Anyone think he'd be a good fit here?

Comment

• Nope. He got bitched out by Kidd and lost any cred he has with players now I think.

Comment

• DC is so old school and stubborn. He lacks the innovative thought processes andnecessary intellilect to stop beating a dead horse so to speak. Everyone knows it. His fate is sealed he is just too stupid to see it.

Comment

• Eric Koreen hinted that Casey is putting more emphasis on his offense than defense, because he knows his defense isn't up to snuff. That would explain why a Vasquez would be subbed in for a Ross.

I'm not saying I agree with the strategy, but if Casey has indeed given up on defense, his sub pattern becomes a little more understandable.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Eric Koreen hinted that Casey is putting more emphasis on his offense than defense, because he knows his defense isn't up to snuff. That would explain why a Vasquez would be subbed in for a Ross.

I'm not saying I agree with the strategy, but if Casey has indeed given up on defense, his sub pattern becomes a little more understandable.
                But nilanka, I thought he was a defensive juggernaut.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  But nilanka, I thought he was a defensive juggernaut.
                  And we're 7-1!

Comment

• Listening to Casey on the Fan right now in toronto. He's throwing TRoss and JV under the bus for being too young and blaming the lack of D on DeRozan being injured.

Um Dwayne, you were beat by a rookie (mirotic) and a second year player (snell).
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      Listening to Casey on the Fan right now in toronto. He's throwing TRoss and JV under the bus for being too young and blaming the lack of D on DeRozan being injured.

Um Dwayne, you were beat by a rookie (mirotic) and a second year player (snell).
                      Seriously, fuck this shit-for-brains asshole. Honestly, I'm sick and goddamn tired of hearing him blame youth when he routinely runs out a system that consistently gets its fucking ass kicked by lesser talent. What a fucking charlatan. How did we get fooled?

Comment

Listening to Casey on the Fan right now in toronto. He's throwing TRoss and JV under the bus for being too young and blaming the lack of D on DeRozan being injured.

Seriously?

Ross had a fantastic 1st half at both ends of the court, finally looking fully engaged and committed, with solid effort and his head in the game. He had a rough 2nd half, but only because the Bulls were targeting him with multiple screens on every play, in order to free up Dunleavy. For all the switching and scrambling DC has his defense do, I don't get why they rely on Ross to fight through two or even three screens on a single play, while the rest of the team stands around and watches Ross' man get open.

JV had a pretty good game. His scoring numbers were down, but it's always a tough matchup against the Bulls' big front court, especially when the Raptors' PF is standing on the perimeter. I actually thought he did a decent job defensively, and he was fighting hard on the boards.

The Bulls dared the Raptors to go ISO in the 4th and the Raptors played right into their hands, forcing bad shot after bad shot. The defense got picked apart as well, after the Bulls adapted their approach, plus they seemed to run out of gas.

Comment

• Here's an unbiased breakdown of last night's game from a Bulls blog. It's the analysis of one game, but it pretty much sums up many of the Raps losses against good teams, doesn't it?

http://www.blogabull.com/2015/3/25/8...ors-in-toronto

This was a pretty frustrating game for a lot of it. The Bulls had a really good offensive game going through 3 quarters, thanks in large part to some awful Raptors defense, but they couldn't seem to get stops against Toronto. It didn't feel like the Bulls were playing bad defense, per se, the Raptors just seemed to be making some tough looks.

The thing about relying on making insane shots, though, is that those shots usually stop falling at some point. Unfortunately for the Raptors, their crazy shot-making largely disappeared in the fourth quarter. They shot just 6 of 18 from the field in the final frame after shooting 50.8% from the field in the first three quarters, including a sizzling 8 of 15 (53%) from range. While the Raptors' unsustainable offense of making heavily contested jumpers dried up, the Bulls' offense took off from their already excellent game. The Bulls got whatever they wanted in the fourth, shooting a bonkers 15 of 20 (75%) from the field and 4 of 6 from deep. In all the Bulls outscored the Raps, 39 to 21 in the final quarter to blow them out in what had been a close game, with the Bulls trailing, for much of it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Here's an unbiased breakdown of last night's game from a Bulls blog. It's the analysis of one game, but it pretty much sums up many of the Raps losses against good teams, doesn't it?

http://www.blogabull.com/2015/3/25/8...ors-in-toronto
                            It sums up the Raptors season too. They were on fire to start the season (ie: Patterson 40+% 3pt shooting), then cooled off and returned to earth. It's been said around here all season: the team lives or dies with the shooting % of Lowry, DeRozan, Ross, Patterson, Lou and Vasquez. As has also been said all season, such an approach doesn't seem sustainable in the playoffs, against tougher competition, better coaching and tighter whistles.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              It sums up the Raptors season too. They were on fire to start the season (ie: Patterson 40+% 3pt shooting), then cooled off and returned to earth. It's been said around here all season: the team lives or dies with the shooting % of Lowry, DeRozan, Ross, Patterson, Lou and Vasquez. As has also been said all season, such an approach doesn't seem sustainable in the playoffs, against tougher competition and tighter whistles.
                              Remember when we were #WetheFourth?

Last night, out-scored 39-21 in the fourth. Ouch...
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Boooooooo
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X