#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yousefelso wrote: View Post
    Notice we did well when we initially traded for Gay then started doing awful again. Then we traded him and played amazing with the new players only to regress again? It's because every time we get new players they haven't been influenced by Casey yet. Even lou was killing it early in the season until Casey influenced him.
    Never thought of that before.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      My opinion has not changed. Defensively, it's about effort and hard work. That's what this team is missing. They're not doing the dirty work on the defensive end of the floor. Everything is too easy for the opposing taem. Raptors players only seem to focus on the offensive side of the ball.

I thought they played hard in the 1st half last night. I don't know what happened in the 4th. They just stopped playing defense.

The players need to take full responsibilty.
      I don't know what the fuck you're watching man. What I see is 5 players running around on defense like headless chickens giving it their all. No wonder they go jumper happy, they expend so much energy on the defensive end
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        I don't know what the fuck you're watching man. What I see is 5 players running around on defense like headless chickens giving it their all. No wonder they go jumper happy, they expend so much energy on the defensive end
        Watch the 1st half of last night's game again and watch the 4th quarter. Then come back here.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Watch the 1st half of last night's game again and watch the 4th quarter. Then come back here.
          Energy obviously takes a drastic dip later on when you're scrambling so much. Add the fact that they were on a back to back and that meltdown shouldn't have surprised anyone.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Energy obviously takes a drastic dip later on when you're scrambling so much. Add the fact that they were on a back to back and that meltdown shouldn't have surprised anyone.
            So you were expecting the Bulls to score 39 in the 4th and shoot 80% from the field?

Raps played like they didn't give a shit on the defensive side of the floor in the 4th. Everything was too easy for the Bulls.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

My opinion has not changed. Defensively, it's about effort and hard work. That's what this team is missing. They're not doing the dirty work on the defensive end of the floor. Everything is too easy for the opposing taem. Raptors players only seem to focus on the offensive side of the ball.

I thought they played hard in the 1st half last night. I don't know what happened in the 4th. They just stopped playing defense.

Effort and hard work will give you a decent defense. Effort and hard work will give you a great defense in HS and even some post secondary ball. In the NBA it'll only give you decent, if you're a crazy athlete it'll give that singular person great defense.

For great team ball you need a system that fits as well.

This team is lacking a fair amount of both nowadays.

Comment

I honestly have no clue what game you're watching if you think that effort is the problem, and I have less than zero idea how you could possibly think Casey has any redeeming qualities as a coach at this point.

The scramble unit is 100% effort... it routinely gets obliterated by the slightest of offensive strategy. Effort doesn't get you there in the nba, as Bandit said. You need effort, applied to a good strategy.

Comment

• Problem is Raptors don't have guys who can teleport or outrun passed balls like the Flash or Nightcrawler. MU isn't doing his job

Comment

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!

JV gets 12 shots, the most of any starter, and second on the team. James Johnson gets meaningful minutes. It's almost like the playing time and shot distribution made sense.

Good to see. Hopefully Casey notices how good both JV and JJ played.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!

JV gets 12 shots, the most of any starter, and second on the team. James Johnson gets meaningful minutes. It's almost like the playing time and shot distribution made sense.

Good to see. Hopefully Casey notices how good both JV and JJ played.
                      And Vasquez played relatively fewer minutes. What is going on?
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

And Vasquez played relatively fewer minutes. What is going on?
                        Not complaining but Raps played 22 min without an actual PG and Demar led with 10 rebounds and didn't register a made FG until I think late in the third quarter. Maybe its just because its the Lakers.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          I honestly have no clue what game you're watching if you think that effort is the problem, and I have less than zero idea how you could possibly think Casey has any redeeming qualities as a coach at this point.

The scramble unit is 100% effort... it routinely gets obliterated by the slightest of offensive strategy. Effort doesn't get you there in the nba, as Bandit said. You need effort, applied to a good strategy.
                          You need effort, applied to a good strategy,with the right players for that strategy.
                          The problem with scrambling is that ALL 5 players are moving when the ball start to move.
                          If you defend the ball with 1 or 2 players, you reduce the risk a little bit; but we defend every possession with 5 players rotating, there's just a higher chance of missing assigment or someone will be ONE STEP SLOW AND IT'S ALL OVER.
                          THE OTHER TEAMS CAN GET A WIDE OPEN LOOK ALL THE TIME IF THEY ARE PATIENT.

In a 7 game series, The raptors can only beat teams who can'T make open shot or can't move the ball.
                          To everyone who thinks raps can beat Atl in a 7game series, they are sadly mistaken.
                          Ball movement and player movement will always beat the scrambling defense. If you're patient enough you will end up with WIDE OPEN looks late in the shot clock, that's just how it is.

Comment

You're right. I just don't know if DC does enough to ensure maximal consistent effort. Players should earn their minutes. And should be rewarded ...prime example DC's use of JJ

Comment

• Given that the Raptors haven't shown the ability to learn from their mistakes all season, this headline is jokes.

Comment

• grasping at straws
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X