#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    The funny thing is that Doug Smith is actually agreeing with Casey, for whatever that's worth. And at the end of the article Casey is basically admitting that, yeah, we are making adjustments all the time. So, who knows what to make of this latest sound-bite.

It comes across more like Casey being typically defiant, bordering on arrogant, when somebody even indirectly questions his coaching acumen. Casey is a "defensive" coach, after all. lol.
    Classis Smith. At this point, he's just punching the clock. To not even broach the idea of giving JJ some minutes is negligent.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Classis Smith. At this point, he's just punching the clock. To not even broach the idea of giving JJ some minutes is negligent.
      Which is why I read Wolsat when I look at the Sun. Wolsat knows his stuff.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Minutes after writing this post I came across today's Star article lol

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...h-wizards.html

“When people say making adjustments is when I laugh,” Casey said yesterday after the Raptors had a film and relaxed work session at the Air Canada Centre. “Going all the way to the championship (as a Dallas Mavericks assistant in 2011) we changed very little, maybe a substitution and we still won.
        “That’s when I laugh when people say, ‘He beat him because he made 50 adjustments.’ You can’t do that. I’m not that smart by the way. I don’t know what coach is.”

I don't even know where to begin with this.
        Later on in the article...

"Casey, however, is smart enough to know the only major “adjustments” his team needs to make trailing the Washington Wizards 1-0 in the best-of-seven series that resumes Tuesday night are pretty simple and don’t take a doctorate in basketball science to figure out.

They have to make shots they normally make..."

Now Doug is saying this? 'Making shots' isn't an adjustment you morons, it's 'getting better shots'. This is comical.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          Later on in the article...

"Casey, however, is smart enough to know the only major “adjustments” his team needs to make trailing the Washington Wizards 1-0 in the best-of-seven series that resumes Tuesday night are pretty simple and don’t take a doctorate in basketball science to figure out.

They have to make shots they normally make..."

Now Doug is saying this? 'Making shots' isn't an adjustment you morons, it's 'getting better shots'. This is comical.
          I assumed he intended to have that printed in pink font and his editor missed it, I had to find a way to retain something that resembles sanity and hope.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Are we witnessing his media implosion now that they are asking him some testing questions?

Could this be the end?!!
            This is the end...

Hold your breath and count to 10...

Comment

• Casey's getting canned soon I think. Masai has had enough. he even says he can't stay to watch the games sometimes on 590 a while back.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Calipari in Toronto seems kinda fishy. He could have been there for Wall, 2Pats etc but coupled with Drake at Kentucky games, who knows

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Calipari in Toronto seems kinda fishy. He could have been there for Wall, 2Pats etc but coupled with Drake at Kentucky games, who knows
                  You think Calipari is going to come to Toronto because of Drake? Really?
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                    You think Calipari is going to come to Toronto because of Drake? Really?
                    The convo where Drake tries to recruit John Calipari would be a great Funny or Die skit.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Calipari? He makes $7mill. plus currently and has run of basketball there...and who knows what he makes in sidemoney in the state. That is SVG money and he is also Pres. of the Pistons. I think Rivers maybe the highest paid but he has management responsibilities as well. Calipari isnt coming here to take orders from Masai...not that it seems Masai is "ordering" Casey to do much recently.

Besides, the guy seems insufferable talking aloud and not noted as an xs & os coach.
                      Last edited by Bendit; Mon Apr 20, 2015, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• No matter how you feel about Cal's coaching, he's one of the more interesting options. He's got a really high profile with a history of connecting well with top-tier talents. Could be very positive for a franchise that gets treated like a 2nd or even 3rd rate team in the NBA despite being in one of the biggest/richest markets, just because we're across a border.

Comment

• Though I also tend to agree with the general thought that he was just in Toronto to network with potential recruits for UK.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Though I also tend to agree with the general thought that he was just in Toronto to network with potential recruits for UK.
                            Ya, much more likely. Not to mention support Casey, PPat, John Wall, Chuck Hayes probably more Kentucky guys..
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

• Personally, and focusing on basketball mind rather than profile, if we're going to poach a coach with primarily non-NBA experience, I'd look for a Euro guy like Messina (hoping he isn't being groomed to take over for Pop) or Obradovic (if he has any NBA interest).

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Personally, and focusing on basketball mind rather than profile, if we're going to poach a coach with primarily non-NBA experience, I'd look for a Euro guy like Messina (hoping he isn't being groomed to take over for Pop) or Obradovic (if he has any NBA interest).
                                Pop signed a 4-5 year extension. Is Messina still being groomed?

Comment

Working...
                                X