#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Pop signed a 4-5 year extension. Is Messina still being groomed?
    Who knows?

Pop signed that extension, but that doesnt' mean he'll necessarily coach all those years. Especially since at any time he could step back and stick to just his President duties.

And for Messina's end, gotta think he's not going to take just any job. He might be inclined to wait for the 'right' job, and as long as Pop and Buford are involved in the running of the Spurs, it might be worth the wait, even if it takes a few years.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      PAUL PIERCE PLAYING THE 4 IS EXACTLY THAT SPECIAL MATCHUP.

Good lord.

Laugh... or cry?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

Laugh... or cry?
        Wow, he's starting to get really testy!
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Calipari? He makes $7mill. plus currently and has run of basketball there...and who knows what he makes in sidemoney in9 the state. That is SVG money and he is also Pres. of the Pistons. I think Rivers maybe the highest paid but he has management responsibilities as well. Calipari isnt coming here to take orders from Masai...not that it seems Masai is "ordering" Casey to do much recently.

Besides, the guy seems insufferable talking aloud and not noted as an xs & os coach.
          Or maybe Masai gets kicked upstairs to fill Leweike's job. Wasn't TL supposed to be gone already? Masai has that look of somebody whose got bigger aspirations than "just" being an NBA GM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Though I also tend to agree with the general thought that he was just in Toronto to network with potential recruits for UK.
            With his sights set on Jamal Murray and Thon Maker.

Comment

• This is what I really dislike:

You're the coach. You're paid to be the one with the final say. Don't give me none of this 'collective decision' business'; don't give me none of this 'we'.
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Those aren't the words of a leader of men.
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

This is what I really dislike:

You're the coach. You're paid to be the one with the final say. Don't give me none of this 'collective decision' business'; don't give me none of this 'we'.
                  Maybe it is collective. Maybe the assistants wanna push stupid decisions so that he gets fired. Maybe they are sick of his shit and know one of them could have a shot at the job after he's gone.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Maybe it is collective.
                    Regardless, you don't say it.

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Maybe the assistants wanna push stupid decisions so that he gets fired. Maybe they are sick of his shit and know one of them could have a shot at the job after he's gone.
                    Lol that's some Game of Thrones shit. Hopefully Open Gym will have that documented
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• ^At the beginning of the season Casey said that the assistants all gave their inputs but he had the final say. Can't remember source sorry

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        ^At the beginning of the season Casey said that the assistants all gave their inputs but he had the final say. Can't remember source sorry
                        You don't need a source, that's the case for every assistant/coach relationship
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

Looks like Casey doesn't want to get fired alone.

Comment

Minutes after writing this post I came across today's Star article lol

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...h-wizards.html

“When people say making adjustments is when I laugh,” Casey said yesterday after the Raptors had a film and relaxed work session at the Air Canada Centre. “Going all the way to the championship (as a Dallas Mavericks assistant in 2011) we changed very little, maybe a substitution and we still won.
                            “That’s when I laugh when people say, ‘He beat him because he made 50 adjustments.’ You can’t do that. I’m not that smart by the way. I don’t know what coach is.”

I don't even know where to begin with this.
                            wow...ummm, in Dallas he had 2, maybe 3 hall of famers. That kinda fucking helps. Also, why change if it's working? How clueless is this guy?

Comment

I think Casey is just tryint to say that he was making an informed deision based on all the information that is in front of he and his staff. It's a game plan formulated by everyone together, and not just a crazy decision he came up with by himself.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                I think Casey is just tryint to say that he was making an informed deision based on all the information that is in front of he and his staff. It's a game plan formulated by everyone together, and not just a crazy decision he came up with by himself.
                                In other words it's not just me that doesn't know what we are doing it's all of us. Be a man DC take some responsibility and own your mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X