#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I got the same impression as DanH. Perhaps you can clarify?
    Kind of. I'll summarize.

1. This team isn't as bad as its being made out to be.

2. It's a few good role players and some smart FA (realistic ones, don't know which but not banking on a gasol) signings from being able to contend in the east.

3. Contending in the east gives us the opportunity to go further if we get the right breaks, either in drafting, signing, trading, injuries, chemistry or match ups.

4. I think that's got a higher chance of success than a rebuild.

5. Even if conference finals once or twice is best case, 26/30 teams don't get that far.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• smh Raps
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
        Kind of. I'll summarize.

2. It's a few good role players and some smart FA (realistic ones, don't know which but not banking on a gasol) signings from being able to contend in the east.

3. Contending in the east gives us the opportunity to go further if we get the right breaks, either in drafting, signing, trading, injuries, chemistry or match ups.

5. Even if conference finals once or twice is best case, 26/30 teams don't get that far.
        A team that maybe best case has chance of making the ECF's (and for the record I disagree with this assessment) once or twice is exactly what I want to avoid - the sort of team where even if everything breaks right you are pretty much guaranteed, at some point in the bracket, to come up against a team with a superstar that you just can't beat. In other words, false hope, a regular season team.

Keep in mind to add those key FA signings we have to let the 6th man and our best forward the past 5 years go. So there's -2 good role players to start.

So the plan is to field a semi-competitive team in the East and hope LeBron gets hurt when we have to face him, and that we can achieve success before the other up and coming teams in the East put themselves in the same position, except with potential superstars, the sort we don't have.

Just look at what John Wall did to us this year.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          A team that maybe best case has chance of making the ECF's (and for the record I disagree with this assessment) once or twice is exactly what I want to avoid - the sort of team where even if everything breaks right you are pretty much guaranteed, at some point in the bracket, to come up against a team with a superstar that you just can't beat. In other words, false hope, a regular season team.

Keep in mind to add those key FA signings we have to let the 6th man and our best forward the past 5 years go. So there's -2 good role players to start.

So the plan is to field a semi-competitive team in the East and hope LeBron gets hurt when we have to face him, and that we can achieve success before the other up and coming teams in the East put themselves in the same position, except with potential superstars, the sort we don't have.

But realistically our chances of winning everything are really really slim no matter what we do.

So either were perpetually hoping our new prospect is the next big thing and watching our team lose a lot or were hoping a decent core gets the right breaks and cheering for wins.

That's an entirely subjective decision, but I'll take the second one thank you very much.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I don't normally post stuff I see on RealGM... but this is priceless:

Gold.

"Don't cry he knows the value of advanced stats. He is just angry."

LOL

Comment

But realistically our chances of winning everything are really really slim no matter what we do.

So either were perpetually hoping our new prospect is the next big thing and watching our team lose a lot or were hoping a decent core gets the right breaks and cheering for wins.

That's an entirely subjective decision, but I'll take the second one thank you very much.

Can't argue with a man's opinion when he lays it out and explains why he has it.

Thank you for that.

The bold is a just a fundamental difference in opinion.

My interpretation is: "It is too hard to build a true contender so lets just stick with this for another couple of seasons. At that point we'll have no choice but to start from the bottom as a really bad team."

Comment

Raptors had a team of role players this year. You need guy(s) who is going to deliver every single night. That is what makes them stars.

I find the bold depressing.

Comment

• All this talk about talent and systems and role players. After reading these 2 articles about the Hawks I think the majority of points made could be applied to the Raptors. Not all to the same degree of course. Toronto is pretty much Atlanta-Lite right now.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/in...atlanta-hawks/

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...ill-they-soar/
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I 2nd that.

Comment

• Hitler video? Is this 2007-2008 lmao
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Hitler video? Is this 2007-2008 lmao

Here u go Brother..something New..Hitler Video..
                        Reacts To The Raptors Getting Swept(also about keeping Casey,musai and the f'n cursed franchise,Ross,Bargnani,Wiggins..)..different from the top video..so good,enjoy

Hitler Video(Brand New Raptors)

Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Sat May 30, 2015, 06:24 PM.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Kind of. I'll summarize.

Not with DC as head coach.

Comment

• So what are supposedly the 2 most appealing head coaching positions at Orlando and NO are going to be filled by Skiles and Gentry (reportedly), neither of whom are Thibs... #HireThibo

Comment

But you are completely misinterpreting the intentions of the word patience there. The idea was not to sell the future to get more win-now talent. That growing with young pieces, which showed great promise, was a better course of action than trading picks and prospects for short term fixes.

It was not a call to stick to this core no matter what, or to let assets potentially walk (heck, asset retention was the whole point).

That said, I never saw huge upside myself in this team as constructed, besides the flexibility they would have this summer - which would be useful if they got better this past season and not worse. But after that debacle, a) it brings up valid questions about this core and coach and b) it really cuts down on the likelihood a difference making FA signs here.
                              I just don't understand how "patience" as you are interpreting it is any different one year later. The core is exactly the same. The only difference is the gauging of its potential.

I'm not even in the build-from-the-middle camp! I just don't get mcHAPPY's snide/sarcastic tone is all. Mind you I don't appreciate the other side continually using the "losers mentality" bullshit either.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                I think they were great posts for the situation of last summer. That group earned a right to come back - and Masai added to it with Williams and JJ. Unfortunately the Raptors ran straight in to a road block.... or they shat all over the opportunity Masai had given them - take your pick on perspective.

*EDIT*
                                Oh and bashing others is far from the intention. The people I am 'bashing' are doing nothing, in my opinion, to provide insight in to their views. They are not offering any insight in to how this team actually gets better. The only justifications in their view I am reading are: 1) DD is amazing and is only going to continue to get better, and 2) the current status of being a first round exit is better than risking taking a step backwards to build on a better foundation (which as I said in another post is cool if merely making the playoffs is satisfaction enough for you - but at least state that).

I just find your sanctimonious tone hypocritical given that you posted stuff like this last summer (Jul 11, 2014):

mcHAPPY wrote:
                                Thread: Hypothetical: Would you trade DD/Amir to get Wiggins/Bennett?
                                I'm not trolling. Below tweet got me thinking:

[Ric Bucher: On Flip Saunders' to-do list: weigh if Wiggins/Bennett is a better deal for KLove than HBarnes/DLee. Keep in mind: he wants to compete now.]

I think DeRozan/Amir is likely to lead to as many wins as Barnes/Lee or Wiggins/Bennett.

Would you give up DD/Amir for Wiggins/Bennett?

mcHAPPY wrote:
                                I say no.

Keep going with what raps have going.

Let wiggins figure out who and what he is on someone else's dime.

The force is strong and if raps become organization masai and Tim proclaiming, wiggins will work his way to toronto.
                                http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...iggins-Bennett

And now you are posting stuff like this:

mcHAPPY wrote:
                                My interpretation is: "It is too hard to build a true contender so lets just stick with this for another couple of seasons. At that point we'll have no choice but to start from the bottom as a really bad team."
                                Anyways, I think the discussion here is getting a little toxic given the lack of news and so I think I'm going to (try to) take a break until we do have something to talk about. Enjoy your summer people.

Comment

Working...
                                X