#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Come on. It's time to fire Ujiri? Really? You guys have lost your minds.
    The honeymoon is definitely over but firing is a bit much.

Really looking forward to draft night.

I am praying for serious changes.

Not much being a fan of a team without any hope.

I have no hope in this current team.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      The honeymoon is definitely over but firing is a bit much.

Really looking forward to draft night.

I am praying for serious changes.

Not much being a fan of a team without any hope.

I have no hope in this current team.
      Just saying GM who look like they are covering their ass rather than making good moves never ends well

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        It actually is. Most of his moves seem just to delay evaluating him. As soon as he fires Casey all eyes will go to roster construction. It's why corporate teams never compete.
        The only questionable thing Masai has done is retain Casey for the final year on Casey's deal, and as I outlined, it makes sense for a lot of reasons.

Do not forget he got us a lotto pick next year for Bargs ( a freaking lotto pick for Bargs!), a bench for Gay, a recent 1st round pick that was stashed in Europe and a 6th man for the corpse of John Salmons. Those moves don't fall in the delay evaluating him category for me, they fall in the "this guy can turn shit into gold" category.

I'm with slaw, you guys have lost your minds or have the memory of a parakeet and forgot all the awesome moves he's made.

Comment

Raptors turning into the Leafs, Toronto FC and Blue Jays
          wait...what do you mean turning? they were always like them.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            The only questionable thing Masai has done is retain Casey for the final year on Casey's deal, and as I outlined, it makes sense for a lot of reasons.

Do not forget he got us a lotto pick next year for Bargs ( a freaking lotto pick for Bargs!), a bench for Gay, a recent 1st round pick that was stashed in Europe and a 6th man for the corpse of John Salmons. Those moves don't fall in the delay evaluating him category for me, they fall in the "this guy can turn shit into gold" category.

I'm with slaw, you guys have lost your minds or have the memory of a parakeet and forgot all the awesome moves he's made.
            Coangelo did the same thing early then every move afterwards was just painting a sinking ship. Also right now a likely lottery pick sounds great but the real test is the player they draft. Coangelo got #1 overall and it didn't end well

Comment

• Ujiri has done much more good than harm to this franchise. The single decision to retain Casey, although unpopular, isn't a fire-able offense. I'm willing to wait and see how Ujiri's 3rd year plays out before calling for his head.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Ujiri has done much more good than harm to this franchise. The single decision to retain Casey, although unpopular, isn't a fire-able offense. I'm willing to wait and see how Ujiri's 3rd year plays out before calling for his head.
                Not calling for it yet but getting ready for the dumpster fire that will be next season. A coach who can't develop, lots of young players a fucked up identity and no roster moves even going back to the Lou + GV backcourt

Comment

Not calling for it yet but getting ready for the dumpster fire that will be next season. A coach who can't develop, lots of young players a fucked up identity and no roster moves even going back to the Lou + GV backcourt
                  The bold is to be determined. There's a lot of time between now and the trade deadline.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    You're being way too reactionary. I wanted Casey gone really badly, but I can also see why he was retained "for now" and it doesn't even come close to justifying any fire masai talk.

The reasons Casey was retained:
                    We still owe Casey $4M for next season. It's easy for us to say MLSE is super rich so they should just pay him the money and a new coach even more money ($5M seems to be the starting point), but it's not a good business decision when the team is making record profits. MLSE is thinking if it ain't broke don't fix it, because the bottom line is good right now.

No obviously better coaching candidates, just speculatively better Assistants.

We already have one of the best candidates on our staff as an Assistant in Nurse, so a mid-season firing of Casey and promotion of Nurse would be easy and cost us nothing extra.

We won more games than the franchise ever has.

We won the division back to back years and got the 3 seed in the East.

Casey has improved the teams record every season, so a firing isn't really palatable until there is a drop off.

We were stuck with a mostly BC roster that is obviously mediocre no matter who the coach is.

There shouldn't be any Fire Masai talk until the team actually gets worse "wins wise" and nothing is done about it. The ending to last season was very concerning, and I'd say Casey is on some pretty damn thin ice, but it would have been a much riskier move to fire him then retain him at this point.

If we start next season terribly and we get the same rhetoric about staying the course, then it will be time to start start thinking about Masai's job safety in earnest.

You also need to keep in mind that Masai hasn't had the opportunity to do anything yet, the season isn't over, trades can't be completed right now, free agents can't be signed right now. At least wait until after the draft to get your pitch forks out.
                    If you are going to look at things win wise then you also need to look at playoff performance which has been failure. At the end of the it only matters what you do in the playoffs.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      If you are going to look at things win wise then you also need to look at playoff performance which has been failure. At the end of the it only matters what you do in the playoffs.
                      For whatever reason, people feel like this can be ignored.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        fire mlse
                        Or better yet sell the team to a single person owner who has a keen interest in more than just profits.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          I know. It undermines primers whole argument.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            Or better yet sell the team to a single person owner who has a keen interest in more than just profits.
                            and who likes cold winters
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              No one's ignoring the playoff failure but you have to put it in context. Two off seasons ago the team was capped out, featured a Rudy Gay/Andrea Bargnani frontcourt, was looking at losing Kyle Lowry for nothing when he walked in a year, and had no first round pick. Expectations shift as circumstances change, I get that, but given where this team was only 24 months ago, a lot more good than bad has happened.

I also get that people aren't happy with what they believe the direction is that management's plotting but exercising a little patience with a GM who walked into heaping pile of crap when he got here seems sensible.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                and who likes cold winters
                                Jim Ballsille from RIM.

Comment

Working...
                                X