#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Atlanta also didn't blow it up after being a mediocre playoff team for 7 straight years. They just let their "stars" go via trade or free agency and retooled under a new coach.
    Lol - that's actually an excellent definition of blowing it up.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Raptors have no player to play at SF, PF and back up centre. They got destroyed in rebounding in play offs but all some raptor fans can talk about is DD and trading him

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
        Raptors have no player to play at SF, PF and back up centre. They got destroyed in rebounding in play offs but all some raptor fans can talk about is DD and trading him
        Wow, DD hasn't been mentioned in the last few pages (at least), so why not just make up something in hopes of starting another argument. Good job.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Lol - that's actually an excellent definition of blowing it up.
          I'd only call it blowing it up if they also dealt Horford and Teague. They just decided to retool around their younger "stars" using the cap space and assets acquired from dealing their older "stars".

I think blowing it up is heavily associated with tanking, that's why I don't find it appropriate for what the Hawks did.

Comment

• Are the Hawks of today any closer to winning a championship than those of the Joe Johnson/ Josh Smith era though?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              Are the Hawks of today any closer to winning a championship than those of the Joe Johnson/ Josh Smith era though?
              Heck no! That's a nice regular season team that won't even make a Finals, let alone win one. They had no extra gear in the playoffs at either end of the floor and just couldn't adjust to being game planned for - they're already maxing out their talent.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Are the Hawks of today any closer to winning a championship than those of the Joe Johnson/ Josh Smith era though?
                Yes. They are a better overall team with a coach that can adapt.

Comment

Well, they got to their first ECF appearance so yes... they are.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Well, they got to their first ECF appearance so yes... they are.
                    You could make the argument that this Hawks team had the good fortune of not having to go through the KG lead Celtics. The East use to have two legit championship contenders when the Celtics had their big 3.

Look what happened when they ran into the East's only legit contender this year.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Atlanta also didn't blow it up after being a mediocre playoff team for 7 straight years. They just let their "stars" go via trade or free agency and retooled under a new coach.
                      Under a new coach is precisely why a lot of the tanking talk has ramped up since it began leaking that Casey was returning. There was a sense that we have some talent here, but in the same system under the same broken philosophies, that talent will not be put to maximum use. Then the media began writing that the roster is the main problem and so tanking returned as the natural tonic for that.

But I would also say that dealing Joe Johnson and letting Josh Smith walk would be like if we were to deal DD and let Lou Will walk (as Atlanta did when they dealt him to us).

Comment

• amazing.

I take a break, and come back, and the same babble persists.

still firing coaches I see..... woohoooo!

Comment

• The recently dismissed Sterner spoke highly of Casey, his former boss. "His work ethic's unparalleled in the NBA. He drove everybody"

Josh Lewenberg via twitter
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Class act. You'll be missed Tom!
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Class act. You'll be missed Tom!
                              You have to imagine him saying it like this:

"Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                amazing.

I take a break, and come back, and the same babble persists.

still firing coaches I see..... woohoooo!

Ever heard of retirement?

Comment

Working...
                                X