#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS10 wrote: View Post
    Coaches on the hot seat this year and Dwane Casey listed as one article via Yahoo Sports:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...194526500.html
    Not just hot seat, the question was hottest seat. Two guys picked Blatt and one picked Casey. This quote from the end sums it up best.

"Ujiri's message to Casey seems clear: if we don't get better and go farther now, or if we start the season as sluggishly as we finished it, there might not be another vote of confidence coming your way."

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Not just hot seat, the question was hottest seat. Two guys picked Blatt and one picked Casey. This quote from the end sums it up best.

"Ujiri's message to Casey seems clear: if we don't get better and go farther now, or if we start the season as sluggishly as we finished it, there might not be another vote of confidence coming your way."
      Not to add on or anything but it is his third set of assistant coaches in as many years...just saying...
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Better late than never.

Comment

I think Masai is getting the roster set for a coach he wants long term.

The roster is still a work in progress.

I believe, and hope, this will be Casey's last year unless he makes conference finals and huge improvements.

I don't even believe a 2nd round appearance would be enough....but I admit I am VERY biased.

There were rumblings that Thibs was looked at but Masai didn't like what he heard.

I think Kevin Ollie, with his just $1M buyout, will be Raps head coach next year.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

I believe, and hope, this will be Casey's last year unless he makes conference finals and huge improvements.

I don't even believe a 2nd round appearance would be enough....but I admit I am VERY biased.

There were rumblings that Thibs was looked at but Masai didn't like what he heard.

I think Kevin Ollie, with his just $1M buyout, will be Raps head coach next year.
            I'm ready to give Casey a fresh start this year. It's been long enough that the sting of the end of the season has worn off. This offseason has me really excited about the team again, probably more excited than ever. I think you're right that anything outside of conference finals won't be enough, or at least a very competitive 2nd round series. Maybe Casey's defensive system starts to shine like his NBA Title days and Nurse takes the offense to a suped up version of the Spurs. That's what I choose to believe until shown otherwise. Don't worry though, my pitchfork and torch are in the front closet in case of emergency.

Comment

I'm ready to give Casey a fresh start this year. It's been long enough that the sting of the end of the season has worn off. This offseason has me really excited about the team again, probably more excited than ever. I think you're right that anything outside of conference finals won't be enough, or at least a very competitive 2nd round series. Maybe Casey's defensive system starts to shine like his NBA Title days and Nurse takes the offense to a suped up version of the Spurs. That's what I choose to believe until shown otherwise. Don't worry though, my pitchfork and torch are in the front closet in case of emergency.
              All true - especially pitchfork and torch on hand - good man.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Just curious:
                What if SOB Casey decides to piss everybody off, lead Raps to 55 wins & becomes COY?

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                  Just curious:
                  What if SOB Casey decides to piss everybody off, lead Raps to 55 wins & becomes COY?
                  Same as if he get to the ECF or second round, extend him. However he is a terrible coach and will likely miss the playoff this year with a sub .500 record a defense squarely in the middle and a horrific offense if he lasts past the ASG

Comment

Yea, I agree Casey is definitely in the hottest seat. I don't really see why the other two picked Blatt as "in the hot seat". Blatt made it to the championships his first year and nearly won. He could have possibly won it all if he had a healthy roster. On the other hand, Casey got swept last year by the underdog Wizards, which shouldn't of happened. We beat them easily throughout the season and were the favourites, if i'm not mistaken, before the series started. If Casey doesn't produce this year, he shouldn't be our coach long term. Thats all.
                    Last edited by BS10; Wed Aug 26, 2015, 12:40 PM.
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                      Just curious:
                      Regular season means nothing at this point.

What has franchise record wins do for Raps?

Check Sam Amico eastern power rankings - very early I know and he knows - but he ranks them 6th in east, asking, "will they ever be more than first round fodder?"

Very fair question considering they have been higher seed with home court advantage and lost in 2 straight years.....last year embarrassingly so.

Comment

• While I agree we have to see improvement, a conference finals appearance seems a bit much. Is our roster that good in comparison to CLE, CHI, ATL, or even a healthy MIA? Those teams have All Star players that have been All Stars through their careers. Would be tough I think.

Comment

• People seems to ignore that part.
                          That is very unusual. You can only protect a friend for so long before it blows up in your face.

Just Is wrote: View Post
                          Not to add on or anything but it is his third set of assistant coaches in as many years...just saying...

Comment

• Yeah, conference finals is a little extreme. I think winning raptors first 7 game series will do.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Keep breaking franchise records coach!
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                While I agree we have to see improvement, a conference finals appearance seems a bit much. Is our roster that good in comparison to CLE, CHI, ATL, or even a healthy MIA? Those teams have All Star players that have been All Stars through their careers. Would be tough I think.
                                I agree conf finals seems too much.

But given his noticeable shortcomings and assistant coach carousel the last 3 seasons, I don't even think a 1st round win will be enough.

It was interesting that Jim Boylen had been helping with national team and David Vanterpool continues to do so. They are both guys who have been rumoured to be candidates for head coaching positions. I wonder if Masai follows along.

I'm still betting Kevin Ollie....with Vanterpool a close 2nd!

Comment

Working...
                                X