#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    Casey becomes the first coach to win COY after improving his team by 6 wins. That's a lot of bribes to pull that off.
    If the Raps challenged for the #1 seed in the east... Casey probably would win COTY.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Ah if only basketball worked mathematically like this.

Anyway it is kind of interesting how Miami and Toronto's teams are structured similarly.
      - Score first all-around PG
      - Slashing/scoring wing, primary scorer
      - 3+D small forward (Carroll is a much better shooter though)
      - Stretch four (obviously Bosh can do way more than just that though)
      - Young, high potential center
      Other than each team having one white Euro in the starting lineup and a shooting guard who can't shoot 3's, I can't say that I'm feeling the similarity to the same degree you are.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        Wade is alot better than Demar
        Bosh is alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot better than Ppat

Deng=Carrol right now cause we dont know what carroll is going to do outside of atl, and deng is a known

Lowry is a little better than dragic.

Benches are pretty even imo
        So you agree with me the rosters are comparable? Cleveland is the only team that is for sure more talented than the Raptors.

For every bit Wade might still be better than DeMar, here are his game totals the past 3 years. 69, 53, 62. He had the worst FG% of his career last year. Lowest rebounds per game of his career. Assists on the low end of his career. Lowest steals per game of his career. Lowest blocks per game of his career. His body is falling apart and so is his game. I think DeMar out plays him this season.

The only place Miami is clearly better than the Raptors is at PF.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          So you agree with me the rosters are comparable? Cleveland is the only team that is for sure more talented than the Raptors.

For every bit Wade might still be better than DeMar, here are his game totals the past 3 years. 69, 53, 62. He had the worst FG% of his career last year. Lowest rebounds per game of his career. Assists on the low end of his career. Lowest steals per game of his career. Lowest blocks per game of his career. His body is falling apart and so is his game. I think DeMar out plays him this season.

The only place Miami is clearly better than the Raptors is at PF.
          No I do not agree as Bosh, like you pointed out, destroys our PFs, and Wade is better than Demar. So there are Far Superior at 1 starting position and are better at another, we are better at one. the difference is Bosh, and that moves them farther.

Comment

• Everyone knows Carlisle was the mastermind.
            Except for those unfamiliar with the NBA.
            You can't label yourself a defensive coach when
            - you REFUSE to play your best defensive player.
            - you play a 3pt shooting sleeve in front of your best defender
            - you can't find major minutes for your best rim protector
            - you DO NOT ask your guards to be defensively responsible
            - you cannot make defensive adjustments in-game
            - you don't know when to make defense/offense substitution
            - You cannot find major minutes for your best rebounder
            - you cannot create a defensive scheme to fit your personel
            - you have a 25th ranked defense
            - your team is bottom 5 defense 4 yrs out of 5
            - your players don't know how to box out.
            - your players don't know how to close out
            - you sacrfice defense for offense regurlarly

The cat is out of the bag.

JWash wrote: View Post
            The thing is BC deceived us with Casey from the beginning. Idk how he managed to get a reputation as an elite defensive assistant.

That Mavericks team in 2011 was only ranked 8th defensively, which is great but not elite. And they also had Rick Carlisle as a HC, who had pre-established reputation as an elite defensive head coach. I mean look at the defensive rankings of the teams Carlisle coached prior to Dallas

01/02 Pistons: 8th
            02/03 Pistons: 4th
            03/04 Pacers: 3rd
            04/05 Pacers: 11th
            05/06 Pacers: 3rd
            06/07 Pacers: 9th

So who was really the "mastermind" behind Dallas' defensive schemes? During Casey's 2 years in Minny they ranked 10th and 21st, which sounds a lot like our 9th and 23rd the past 2 years.

Dude is a fraud. Not saying fire him now, because we need to have a better option secured first or it'll be more of the same, but I'm not seeing where the defensive rep comes from and he's clueless offensively.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              The thing is BC deceived us with Casey from the beginning. Idk how he managed to get a reputation as an elite defensive assistant.

That Mavericks team in 2011 was only ranked 8th defensively, which is great but not elite. And they also had Rick Carlisle as a HC, who had pre-established reputation as an elite defensive head coach. I mean look at the defensive rankings of the teams Carlisle coached prior to Dallas

01/02 Pistons: 8th
              02/03 Pistons: 4th
              03/04 Pacers: 3rd
              04/05 Pacers: 11th
              05/06 Pacers: 3rd
              06/07 Pacers: 9th

So who was really the "mastermind" behind Dallas' defensive schemes? During Casey's 2 years in Minny they ranked 10th and 21st, which sounds a lot like our 9th and 23rd the past 2 years.

Dude is a fraud. Not saying fire him now, because we need to have a better option secured first or it'll be more of the same, but I'm not seeing where the defensive rep comes from and he's clueless offensively.
              Your just figuring this out now?

He's been a fraud since the day he took this job and claimed to be a defensive coach. BC and his car salesman abilities hyped Casey up as some mastermind and everyone has learned that's not the case.
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• distorsun wrote: View Post
                Everyone knows Carlisle was the mastermind.
                Except for those unfamiliar with the NBA.
                You can't label yourself a defensive coach when
                - you REFUSE to play your best defensive player.
                - you play a 3pt shooting sleeve in front of your best defender
                - you can't find major minutes for your best rim protector
                - you DO NOT ask your guards to be defensively responsible
                - you cannot make defensive adjustments in-game
                - you don't know when to make defense/offense substitution
                - You cannot find major minutes for your best rebounder
                - you cannot create a defensive scheme to fit your personel
                - you have a 25th ranked defense
                - your team is bottom 5 defense 4 yrs out of 5
                - your players don't know how to box out.
                - your players don't know how to close out
                - you sacrfice defense for offense regurlarly

The cat is out of the bag.
                I think you've dispelled any belief that Casey is a defensive minded HC by pointing out his poor decisions made during the games that undermine any sense of defensive cohesion. Good stuff.
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Does anyone think a coach who calls himself a defensive coach would put Vasquez on the court to defend on ball when the game is on the line?

This scenario highlights Casey's biggest flaw which is he does not put players in situations to make them successful.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I wish him well for this year and hope for him to change/improve his ways but I'm honestly expecting much of the same.
                      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• He cannot improve.
                        He has reached his peter principle.
                        He's a nice guy to have around to execute orders and talk to players for you when you don't have the time; anything more than that is asking him too much.

BS10 wrote: View Post
                        I wish him well for this year and hope for him to change/improve his ways but I'm honestly expecting much of the same.

Comment

• Casey wasn't even a defensive coach in Minny, guys.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• You know when coaches make a call and they say it was "gut" feeling.
                            Well, it's never really a purely gut call, it's usually a process of years of experience combined with analysis of situational variables, which lead them to make a decision one way or another.

When you're constantly wrong, and aren't able to improve over time, it means you are not really good at it. And if a coach is not able to have a good sense of "gut" feeling, his in-game decision will usually be wrong; and will be magnify in playoffs (hello Scott Brooks).

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Does anyone think a coach who calls himself a defensive coach would put Vasquez on the court to defend on ball when the game is on the line?

This scenario highlights Casey's biggest flaw which is he does not put players in situations to make them successful.

Comment

• CHUCK HAYES for Head Coach #BRINGBACKTHECHUCKSTER.
                              http://spacecityscoop.com/2015/08/28...omes-priority/

Comment

• throw a big offer at Ettore Messina.

Thats who we need.

well him and KD.

Comment

Working...
                                X