#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    How many teams play better when their best player goes down? That has nothing to do with Casey's coaching ability.

The only trend I see is every the win totals going up.
    I think you're actually missing the point that I was trying to make (and in fact ignoring most of it just to focus on the most recent season).

It had nothing to do with Lowry just going down; you are right when you state most teams don't play better when their best player goes down.

The point being made is that there was that we seemed better than we were because of how good Lowry was. Everyone was point out a lot of the problems with how were playing both on offense and on defense. Lowry going down just brought it more to the forefront and the fact that nothing changed in regards to how the team played.

You can focus on the win totals if you want; that's your right. After all, the team got more talented each year. And, you WOULD expect the win totals to increase as a result of that.

I do remember that, whenever anyone brought up criticism about how the team was playing and sustainability, I DO remember people that would only answer with whatever the team's record was at the time. No one is saying wins don't matter; but if you don't actually LOOK behind the wins and the reasons for the wins ...

A franchise win total means absolutely nothing when you're swept in the first round of the playoffs by as both the higher seed and the team that more people picked to advance.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• All bench players.
      Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Cory Joseph, Biyombo and Scola all plus defenders.

Comment

• Just wanted to point out Kevin Ollie is the anti-Casey

http://www.theuconnblog.com/2014/4/1...-a-great-coach

Comment

• distorsun wrote: View Post
          All bench players.
          Whats your point starters don't play 48 mins a game
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Just wanted to point out Kevin Ollie is the anti-Casey

http://www.theuconnblog.com/2014/4/1...-a-great-coach
            He will be Raps coach next year.

HUUUUGE contract offer from Toronto coming his way.

I feel it.

There is the Durant angle but the fact he is a great coach, a former player, and young enough to relate to the players are all reasons why he'd be hired.

And you are correct, he is the anti-Casey when it comes to coaching.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

I feel it.

There is the Durant angle but the fact he is a great coach, a former player, and young enough to relate to the players are all reasons why he'd be hired.

There is a slight connection to Toronto with Ollie. Apparently when Casey was first here as coach, he was looking for a veteran PG as a third stringer. They signed Anthony Carter but their first choice at the time was Kevin Ollie.

Ollie was more interested in coaching at that time so said no.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                There is a slight connection to Toronto with Ollie. Apparently when Casey was first here as coach, he was looking for a veteran PG as a third stringer. They signed Anthony Carter but their first choice at the time was Kevin Ollie.

Ollie was more interested in coaching at that time so said no.
                Didn't want to play under Casey +1

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

I feel it.

We also have DeAndre Daniels to lure him to TO. No need for KD.

#KO2TO2016

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                    We also have DeAndre Daniels to lure him to TO. No need for KD.

#KO2TO2016
                    Who says both can't play a factor?

Also, I like the sound of Ollie as a HC as well.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Who says both can't play a factor?

Also, I like the sound of Ollie as a HC as well.

I promise to work on my sarcasm game in the future.

Comment

• Dwayne Casey: Designing a Defence: Part 1 (3:13 w/ Donovan Bennett, Sportsnet)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-defence-pt-1/

(I'm reading into this, but ...)

If I'm not mistaken, Casey states/implies here that the Salmons trade cost them some defence, period. But the early season offensive success pulled them away from a defence-first style ... and when DeMar went down, Lou, Grievis and others got further away (in trying to compensate for his lost offence) from generating offence in the kind of systematic way that is conducive to good defence ... and playoff-type basketball.

So ... (ugh!) ... Any (um ... "insightful"?) comments?
                        Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Sep 24, 2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• I seem to remember an interview with Jack Armstrong who said (in response to a question about what a coach/Casey can do when the players aren't listening to what is being preached):

(Paraphrased, but accurate): "You have to hope there's someone in the room who echoes/reinforces the message ... because you can't change the message".

So ... now we've got some good defensive players coming in ... and some players who remain who are a year wiser. Good, no?

(I guess one thing I'm very curious about is whether Casey's detractors are certain that he disagrees with their sage observations about what the team's most glaring weaknesses were ... Valenciunas' usage aside, perhaps)
                          Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Sep 24, 2015, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                            Dwayne Casey: Designing a Defence: Part 1 (3:13 w/ Donovan Bennett, Sportsnet)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-defence-pt-1/

(I'm reading into this, but ...)

If I'm not mistaken, Casey states/implies here that the Salmons trade cost them some defence, period. But the early season offensive success pulled them away from a defence-first style ... and when DeMar went down, Lou, Grievis and others got further away (in trying to compensate for his lost offence) from generating offence in the kind of systematic way that is conducive to good defence ... and playoff-type basketball.

So ... (ugh!) ... Any (um ... "insightful"?) comments?
                            Typical Casey always blaming the players. He's the fucking coach if players aren't doing what he wants you to do don't play them simple as that. But don't come out after the season with a bunch of bs like the players are trying to compensate for DD's absence. Who asked Lou or GV or the other morons to try to compensate for DD? You think Casey was sitting on his hands the entire season? This is the typical Casey BS I've sick of. MU should have canned this blabbing buffoon
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Typical Casey always blaming the players. He's the fucking coach if players aren't doing what he wants you to do don't play them simple as that. But don't come out after the season with a bunch of bs like the players are trying to compensate for DD's absence. Who asked Lou or GV or the other morons to try to compensate for DD? You think Casey was sitting on his hands the entire season? This is the typical Casey BS I've sick of. MU should have canned this blabbing buffoon
                              Hmm. Yes, well. can't say I didn't see that coming. Again: "Ugh!"

What he said made some sense to me, though. Fit well with the off-season additions and subtractions. And with nearly everyone's expectations of how the players who remain must improve/contribute for the Raps to take one more step forward ... (assuming they can't get all the way there with their current roster).

I have to agree in one sense ... and I expect Armstrong would too (perhaps reluctantly, as a smart guy and former coach himself): If Casey can't pull this group together this year, he'll be gone. But doesn't the original question remain:

Does anyone think Casey sees things differently?

And any other insightful analysis would be genuinely appreciated. I'm looking forward to the season.

Comment

• I agree that the acquisitions this summer seem geared towards making Casey's job easier.

That does not in any way reduce my disappointment at how bad he was at his job last year. We don't pay him millions of dollars to do an easy job.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X