No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another hypothetical coaching candidate next year: Rick Carlisle. I can see Dallas looking bad next year, to the point of missing the playoffs. If this happens, i imagine Dirk retires and they lose the few decent players they have left. At that point it doesnt really make sense for them to hold onto one of the best coaches in the league and i bet Carlisle would want to go coach a team with a better chance at contending. While he isnt perfect, he actually knows what it takes to win a championship and is currently better than any other potential candidate.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Its hard to tell the players to stop. When what their doing is winning games. I'm sure he kept reinforcing it. Their style of play was working.
      It worked until it didn't.

How many times did I post last season that Casey was found out?

He doesn't adapt.

He is not flexible.

He then lays blame at players feet for doing what he asked.

He is not a good head coach.

Comment

• Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 2015 Playoffs: 0-4
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            Another hypothetical coaching candidate next year: Rick Carlisle. I can see Dallas looking bad next year, to the point of missing the playoffs. If this happens, i imagine Dirk retires and they lose the few decent players they have left. At that point it doesnt really make sense for them to hold onto one of the best coaches in the league and i bet Carlisle would want to go coach a team with a better chance at contending. While he isnt perfect, he actually knows what it takes to win a championship and is currently better than any other potential candidate.
            I'd LOVE to see Carlisle here, but I can't see him leaving. I think he's going to have a Sloan-esque run with the Mavs.
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              2015 Playoffs: 0-4
              Those are numbers as well. A stat that will fuel this team all year long. Look at what that stat has done to K Low's body. Its going to be a fun year boys.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.
                You're right.

24-9 to start the season.

25-24 to end.

0-4 first round sweep to the lower seed.

Results matter.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  You're right.

24-9 to start the season.

25-24 to end.

0-4 first round sweep to the lower seed.

Results matter.
                  Result do matter. I believe him and the boys will deliver this year. Finally got his guys that complement the style he wants to play. Throughout Casey's tenure his done more good than warm and the numbers back that up.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Result do matter. I believe him and the boys will deliver this year. Finally got his guys that complement the style he wants to play. Throughout Casey's tenure his done more good than warm and the numbers back that up.
                    I've never understood the whole "Casey got his guys now" argument. Casey "got his guys" last year too according to many.

If you look at someone like Pop, or Bud, or any system heavy team then you can say they have "their guys". We can say that because we know what they like to run, and we can evaluate the talent to see if they fit in.

Casey has never really run a system on either end of the floor, so how can we know who "his guys" are, or what style he wants to play?

Honestly, I believe that Casey simply coaches in such a way that the only way he wins is when he has better talent on the floor. He relies on stellar man to man defense, and stellar man to man offense. He relies on his guys being able to read the defense and he relies on playmaking versus sets. So until we have a lineup that looks like Wall/Butler/Kawhi/Lebron/Gasol I don't believe that we will give him "his guys"

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                      I've never understood the whole "Casey got his guys now" argument. Casey "got his guys" last year too according to many.

If you look at someone like Pop, or Bud, or any system heavy team then you can say they have "their guys". We can say that because we know what they like to run, and we can evaluate the talent to see if they fit in.

Casey has never really run a system on either end of the floor, so how can we know who "his guys" are, or what style he wants to play?

Honestly, I believe that Casey simply coaches in such a way that the only way he wins is when he has better talent on the floor. He relies on stellar man to man defense, and stellar man to man offense. He relies on his guys being able to read the defense and he relies on playmaking versus sets. So until we have a lineup that looks like Wall/Butler/Kawhi/Lebron/Gasol I don't believe that we will give him "his guys"
                      For sure. I mean can you picture Pop saying something like, "... losing Gary Neal and getting Marco Bellinelli changed our whole culture".

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        For sure. I mean can you picture Pop saying something like, "... losing Gary Neal and getting Marco Bellinelli changed our whole culture".
                        I'm pretty sure his reply to a question about Gary Neal would be, "Gary who?"

Comment

• Its NBA where every coach want more talent on their team. By Casey's guys we mean defensive first players
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Its NBA where every coach want more talent on their team. By Casey's guys we mean defensive first players
                            He was given more talent in 2014-15 than he had in 2013-14.

He did nothing with it.

And worst of all, he refuses to ever accept any responsibility for the short comings but always willing to take the credit for any scrap of success.

Comment

• Maybe when we're talking about Casey's guys, we're talking about players who will have the presence of mind to say "Uh, coach, you've drawn up that play on the wrong side of the court."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Its NBA where every coach want more talent on their team. By Casey's guys we mean defensive first players
                                Yes and No. It isn't so simple. I would argue the best coaches win with the talent they have, because they have talent that fits and they know how to use it.

Casey wants Talent, and his coaching beliefs are such that he requires talent to win. Compare that to say Bud (the most recent and extreme example) where he took the talent he had and made the most of it to outperform all expectations. Casey wouldn't have been able to get a similar number of wins out of that team because his beliefs are fundamentally different.

As for "we" I believe most don't agree.

As for "Defense first" that's just rubbish. Every coach in the league wants hard nosed defensive players, I would put money on that. For someone to be "his guy" they would have to fit into his scheme on both sides of the ball (Which doesn't really exist)

So lets say that Tyson Chandler is his guy because of his defensive ability? Well that's great! Except that he has already admitted even he would probably fail with what they had set up...

That's like me saying my guys are guys who "play great defense and score the ball really well". And until I get them I refuse to be held accountable by my shortcomings.

Comment

Working...
                                X