#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    He was given more talent in 2014-15 than he had in 2013-14.

He did nothing with it.

And worst of all, he refuses to ever accept any responsibility for the short comings but always willing to take the credit for any scrap of success.
    He could learn a LOT about leadership from Masai, in that regard. Lowry and DD, too. Masai seems to be trying too hard to fill that leadership void that's missing from the head coach and players, but he can only do so much from the executive suite.

Gary Neal jokes aside, that's actually the disturbing part of the whole interview, i.e., Casey goes out of his way to correct the interviewer to get him to believe that a "huge" change to roster was made, which is the excuse for the defense dropping 15 slots. And the omission of JJ being added to the roster was predictable.
    Last edited by golden; Fri Sep 25, 2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• The difference between Carroll's impact this year versus his impact with the Hawks could end up being the referendum on Casey as a coach.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        The difference between Carroll's impact this year versus his impact with the Hawks could end up being the referendum on Casey as a coach.
        There have already been a lot of examples of that.

Vasquez being perhaps the best one. Or possibly DJ Augustin.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          There have already been a lot of examples of that.

Vasquez being perhaps the best one. Or possibly DJ Augustin.
          But neither of those guys signed a $60 million contract. This will be different.

Personally, I'm expecting a significant drop in both his 3pt% (5-10%) and his number of total makes. And, a whole season of references to 'shooting slumps' and 'shots he normally makes'.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            But neither of those guys signed a $60 million contract. This will be different.

Personally, I'm expecting a significant drop in both his 3pt% (5-10%) and his number of total makes. And, a whole season of references to 'shooting slumps' and 'shots he normally makes'.
            But are you ready for the Casey squad (posters who vehemently defend Casey) to blame it all on Carroll? Because you know that's what's gonna happen. If it was the system that made Carroll and Cojo good, then let's just use that fucking system, because our system hasn't made anyone good.

Comment

• I don't care what you guys say, I'm not going back to the Triano years!!!

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                I don't care what you guys say, I'm not going back to the Triano years!!!
                What does that mean? Is Triano our top candidate to replace Casey? I don't care what you say, I'm not going back to the Sam Mitchell years!!!

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  What does that mean? Is Triano our top candidate to replace Casey? I don't care what you say, I'm not going back to the Sam Mitchell years!!!
                  That's not fair. Sam never got his guys

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                    That's not fair. Sam never got his guys
                    He's still waiting for an NBA team to give him his guys.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Jay Triano ain't walking through that door. Sam Mitchell ain't walking through that door. Thankfully.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Jay Triano ain't walking through that door. Sam Mitchell ain't walking through that door. Thankfully.
                        Perhaps liking Casey (for those who don't) just requires the above perspective.

Comment

And the omission of JJ being added to the roster was predictable.
                          Well yes, seeing as from an actual basketball standpoint, JJ consistently fucked up on defence.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Well yes, seeing as from an actual basketball standpoint, JJ consistently fucked up on defence.
                            Well yes, everybody fucked up Casey's defensive system. JJ just fucked up a lot less than everybody else. And his reward was banishment to the gulag. The numbers don't lie, bro.

Comment

• Jay triano is a terrible coach and not qualified to coach in the NBA just yet.
                              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Well yes, everybody fucked up Casey's defensive system. JJ just fucked up a lot less than everybody else. And his reward was banishment to the gulag. The numbers don't lie, bro.
                                I think JJ's problem was he told Casey the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X