#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
    Can we acknowledge that Casey coached his ass off against Atlanta. I was super impressed, one of his best games of the season. If your going to complain about the guy, got to be fair to him also
    The guys on here will acknowledge or conceded nothing when it comes to Casey. I'm starting to get confused. Is a poster actually trying to be reasonable and acknowledge something good about the team? I'm getting scared....

Did he? In what way?

I saw Lowry playing like a star.

I saw him sub in Bebe and ride him out, that was a good call but not exactly "coaching his ass off".

Don't think our SLOB or BLOB plays were particularly good/relevant to the game.

So honestly curious what you saw that you put as Casey coaching his ass off?
    Ah, that's better..... good ol' Axel to the rescue. The relentless negativity and cynicism make me feel home again.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      The guys on here will acknowledge or conceded nothing when it comes to Casey. I'm starting to get confused. Is a poster actually trying to be reasonable and acknowledge something good about the team? I'm getting scared....

Ah, that's better..... good ol' Axel to the rescue. The relentless negativity and cynicism make me feel home again.
      Glad to make you welcome but keep your shit disturbing comments to yourself.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
        I really thought he mixed and matched his lineups well (staggering DeMar and Lowry), they made some offensive adjustments with how they ran the pick and roll with Lowry, the defensive adjustments (including really small at one point in the third to close out ons hooters) were on point and it says something about the coach when a team down 17 in the third when literally nothing is working offensively, can come back and win. Under Casey this year particularly, the Raptors play hard and don't throw away games. That culture is set by the team coach.

Edit: Oh and also (and this is mostly a thing I care about) his timeouts were really well sequenced when the game was really going against them and they needed a reset
        I didn't see too many adjustments. Yes, he gets credit for the culture and system but guys showing up and executing the defence (for 3 Qs) isn't really what I call coaching his ass off. It's really what should be slightly below minimum expectations.

As for the timeouts during the Hawks run, each of them were bang on. But if you heard the Raps broadcast, Jack called each and every one of them by saying "need a timeout here". So really, isn't that just the expectation? Casey coached in a non-negative manner tonight. Guess I just hold higher expectations.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Coach Casey now 2-0 this season when he has 2+ days to prepare.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Coach Casey now 2-0 this season when he has 2+ days to prepare.
            Yeah they looked real prepared to start the game.

Comment

• Casey is now being praised for not having a negative impact. The Casey Defenders are seriously grasping at straws.

Lowry is making this guy look way better than he is, full stop.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Did he? In what way?

I saw Lowry playing like a star.

I saw him sub in Bebe and ride him out, that was a good call but not exactly "coaching his ass off".

Don't think our SLOB or BLOB plays were particularly good/relevant to the game.

So honestly curious what you saw that you put as Casey coaching his ass off?
                People are quick to blame Casey (as a motivator) for slow starts ... but slow to credit him for "character" wins.

I know you're really asking for brilliant strategic moves that made a difference ... but with JV out, Carroll benched late (In Atlanta!) and shots not falling, Casey's team rose to the occasion. Not Budenholzer's. Casey's. And with the tough schedule, some players struggling, and and the injuries, the team is still "on target".

And we keep hearing that (save Lowry ... kinda') that this team has zilch great players. So how is this happening?? There really is a mystery here ... somewhere ...

(And that Honourable Mention in the "Coach of the Month" announcement is just weird, eh?)

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  I didn't see too many adjustments. Yes, he gets credit for the culture and system but guys showing up and executing the defence (for 3 Qs) isn't really what I call coaching his ass off. It's really what should be slightly below minimum expectations.

As for the timeouts during the Hawks run, each of them were bang on. But if you heard the Raps broadcast, Jack called each and every one of them by saying "need a timeout here". So really, isn't that just the expectation? Casey coached in a non-negative manner tonight. Guess I just hold higher expectations.
                  Let's just take the bold, appreciate that while reflecting what our culture and system was like pre-Casey and be optimistic about the rest of season...er next game maybe.

Comment

Dude could you please stop praising Casey like this? It's like you're trying to bait people.

It's universally acknowledged that Casey is at best an average coach. Stop trying to make him out to be better than he is.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      Casey is now being praised for not having a negative impact. The Casey Defenders are seriously grasping at straws.

Lowry is making this guy look way better than he is, full stop.
                      That would be an excellent point if it was grounded in any sort of fact and not something someone on this site said which you chose to run with as fact.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        Dude could you please stop praising Casey like this? It's like you're trying to bait people.

It's universally acknowledged that Casey is at best an average coach. Stop trying to make him out to be better than he is.
                        Whats wrong with posting facts? It might be universal in RR. Every time I watch Game time they are always praising Casey as coach.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Whats wrong with posting facts? It might be universal in RR. Every time I watch Game time they are always praising Casey as coach.

That is the home feed right?

Because 90% of the time I watch the away feed and, while they make positive comments about the team record, they are very quick to point out the style of play, strategy, and substitutions are suspect at best.

Comment

Which doesn't really happen in the playoffs.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              That is the home feed right?

Because 90% of the time I watch the away feed and, while they make positive comments about the team record, they are very quick to point out the style of play, strategy, and substitutions are suspect at best.
                              How are you watching away feeds? Just wondering, like is there a good site for that?

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                                People are quick to blame Casey (as a motivator) for slow starts ... but slow to credit him for "character" wins.

I know you're really asking for brilliant strategic moves that made a difference ... but with JV out, Carroll benched late (In Atlanta!) and shots not falling, Casey's team rose to the occasion. Not Budenholzer's. Casey's. And with the tough schedule, some players struggling, and and the injuries, the team is still "on target".

And we keep hearing that (save Lowry ... kinda') that this team has zilch great players. So how is this happening?? There really is a mystery here ... somewhere ...

(And that Honourable Mention in the "Coach of the Month" announcement is just weird, eh?)
                                Lowry played god like in the 4th. That is the only way we come away with that W.

I didn't come here to crap on Casey for the game last night. But someone made the comment that Casey coached his ass off, when really he didn't seem to do anything beyond not screw it up.

Credit to him for leaving Biyombo on the bench (like many of us have been calling for) and leaving the ball in Lowry's hands.

But I don't consider those brilliant coaching moves. Casey rose to the occasion and coached at an average level. Big whoop.

And honourable mention for a monthly award? Do people really put much stock in it? It's barely above the participation ribbon they give in grade school in my books.

Comment

Working...
                                X