#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    Casey is now being praised for not having a negative impact. The Casey Defenders are seriously grasping at straws.

Lowry is making this guy look way better than he is, full stop.
    I have literally been saying this point for years at this point.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      That is the home feed right?

Because 90% of the time I watch the away feed and, while they make positive comments about the team record, they are very quick to point out the style of play, strategy, and substitutions are suspect at best.
      Gametime is a show on NBAtv
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Let's just take the bold, appreciate that while reflecting what our culture and system was like pre-Casey and be optimistic about the rest of season...er next game maybe.
        Yes, it worked last night (thanks to Lowry's incredible performance).

But optimistic about it moving forward? We've already seen too many losses because of the system/culture to go that far.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          How are you watching away feeds? Just wondering, like is there a good site for that?
          LeaguePass

Comment

• Say this about Coach Casey...Remember the game where he drew up a final rep(play not) for Demar where Demar just had to Go Up Strong and Raps would of won the Game? Yet Demar decided to Pump fake??

Watch the video from the 52nd seconds That's where You see Demar WIDE OPEN YET HE PUMPFAKES!!!

then there was the Other Game where he called a Rep for Demar and he was wide open on that rep also...Caseys weakness is his EGO(BIG PROBLEM) and STUBBORNESS(Does not rep his whole squad) He hurt Rossay's career when he was a rookie and he seems to dislike certain reppers so he does not put them into games Jonas did not get hurt game wise because he was use to being benched for stupidness just like he was on the Lithuanian Teams and the Euro Leagues so he was unfazed from caseys real foolish benching. Ross not so much.

Yet saying that...Raptors can win titles with Dwayne Casey as Coach, Casey Turns into a Stan Van gundy type coach and adjust to his reppers(players not) instead of desiring them to adjust to him This team can easily win 60+ games a Year for several seasons...

Comment

• Casey is 4-1 vs the genius Coach Bud. Going back to last year
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The offense is still very much a work in progress, but did anyone think we'd see this big of a turnaround defensively (except for me, of course)?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  The offense is still very much a work in progress, but did anyone think we'd see this big of a turnaround defensively (except for me, of course)?
                  I did, Casey finally has his guys. Masai had a great summer and its showing. Every player his brought in is contributing except Bennett.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    The offense is still very much a work in progress, but did anyone think we'd see this big of a turnaround defensively (except for me, of course)?
                    It's no surprise the newest members of the team are some of the most consistent ones. Cojo, Carroll and old man Scola have made such a difference.

Comment

• Lowry went into full on god mode, and we shot 84% FG in the 4th. As long as we can count on those two things every game, we're golden boys, golden.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        That is the home feed right?

Because 90% of the time I watch the away feed and, while they make positive comments about the team record, they are very quick to point out the style of play, strategy, and substitutions are suspect at best.
                        I find usually they just say "Casey is a great coach" while pointing out the increase in wins per season since he arrived here. Which is the level you'd expect for an away feed really, although a lot of feeds do point out the Raptors love to iso.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Which doesn't really happen in the playoffs.
                          He never prepares hence the slow starts and scramble in the 3rd and 4th to make up ground

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Lowry played god like in the 4th. That is the only way we come away with that W.

I didn't come here to crap on Casey for the game last night. But someone made the comment that Casey coached his ass off, when really he didn't seem to do anything beyond not screw it up.

Credit to him for leaving Biyombo on the bench (like many of us have been calling for) and leaving the ball in Lowry's hands.

But I don't consider those brilliant coaching moves. Casey rose to the occasion and coached at an average level. Big whoop.

And honourable mention for a monthly award? Do people really put much stock in it? It's barely above the participation ribbon they give in grade school in my books.
                            It wasn't a coaching decision. Biyombo was in foul trouble I think. Leaving him in was a good decision but comparing wehat was happening the first 30 nothing anybody should get credit for. The first 30 minute was absolutely awful

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Casey is 4-1 vs the genius Coach Bud. Going back to last year
                              Casey also owned Whittman in the regular season and Kidd in BKN before getting swept then losing the final 2 up 3-2 with home

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                It wasn't a coaching decision. Biyombo was in foul trouble I think. Leaving him in was a good decision but comparing wehat was happening the first 30 nothing anybody should get credit for. The first 30 minute was absolutely awful
                                Biyombo had 1 foul. Not too troubling. Casey actually used his head for once and realized Bebe's threat on offense made it so everyone else could keep scoring.

Plus those alley oops, my god, that was delicious to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X