#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    doesn't matter skywalker. oldskools logic says that jv is good because reasons and ross isn't because casey. only one side to everything for them. just #becausereasons.

when you apply their own thought processes to the positive they explode like kirk talking to a robot.
    You sound like a person who knows they are wrong but are not willing to conceed that because you're embarrassed.

Oh, and Star Wars >>>>>> Star Trek, #becausereasons

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Andy Greer.

#FireCasey
      I'd add Masai as well for getting rid of Lou and GV.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
        How can you reach this conclusion? Casey has to give the "asset players" every opportunity to improve - either to help the team now or to prove their worth before the trade deadline/off season (hopefully both). In the following article, Blake Murphy gives a breakdown of how Bebe is - and isn't - ready to start (I should have read it before I posted that poll about Bebe starting

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2015/...-extended-run/

As much as Casey might like to rest key players and give younger guys some "run"/ encouragement, the eastern conference just can't be taken for granted this season. And the injuries and chronic under-performance of starters and bench veterans we are seeing (Lowry, Joseph and Derozan aside, clearly) is just difficult to manage.

The Pacers demonstrate how one injury can devastate a team. And yet almost no one thought they would jump straight back into ECF contention with Paul George's return. I think many fans just assume that something can always be done when a player/team under-performs or adversity strikes. But it seems clear that it ain't always so ...

So sure, it's okay to scrutinize and discuss what Ujiri and Casey do. There are a lot of very smart guys contributing posts on this forum. But when things go wrong, there may just not be anyone to blame, I don't think.
        As Axel mentioned, I was more talking about how our offense or style of play requires that Kyle and Demar in particular carry the team through virtually every game, just to be in it at the end. I suspect that a style of play which includes more players will be more beneficial overall. KL and DD will stay more fresh as they will have less stress on themselves and with players included more often I imagine they will be more engaged throughout the game. You pointed out that injuries hurt teams. If we rely less on one or two players, we will be able to give them more rest, giving them less of a chance at an injury and if an injury did occur, we are more likely to fill in that role for a portion of the season.

just my theory at least.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          You sound like a person who knows they are wrong but are not willing to conceed that because you're embarrassed.

Oh, and Star Wars >>>>>> Star Trek, #becausereasons
          I agree with the star wars beating star trek. Have you ever seen kirk talk to a robot?

And I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. I just don't like irrational hate.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            And I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. I just don't like irrational hate.
            Absolutely nothing irrational about wanting Casey to be fired. The list of reasons is both solid and lengthy.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              As Axel mentioned, I was more talking about how our offense or style of play requires that Kyle and Demar in particular carry the team through virtually every game, just to be in it at the end. I suspect that a style of play which includes more players will be more beneficial overall. KL and DD will stay more fresh as they will have less stress on themselves and with players included more often I imagine they will be more engaged throughout the game. You pointed out that injuries hurt teams. If we rely less on one or two players, we will be able to give them more rest, giving them less of a chance at an injury and if an injury did occur, we are more likely to fill in that role for a portion of the season.

just my theory at least.
              But is it fair to characterize KL and DD's usage as a (pure) function of the system - when our perimeter shooters are either gun-shy (Patterson), shooting 1-9 (Ross) and our starting center is absent?

Demar and Kyle's minutes were often held down early this season, I believe. And there were signs that JV was going to see more 4th quarter time and DeMar was going to alter his game. But Carroll's absence and then Biyombo's ascension (and Ross and Patterson's production) puts us (and Casey) in a tough spot, doesn't it (even if you also think it significantly exacerbates "system problems")?

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                But is it fair to characterize KL and DD's usage as a (pure) function of the system - when our perimeter shooters are either gun-shy (Patterson), shooting 1-9 (Ross) and our starting center is absent?

Demar and Kyle's minutes were often held down early this season, I believe. And there were signs that JV was going to see more 4th quarter time and DeMar was going to alter his game. But Carroll's absence and then Biyombo's ascension (and Ross and Patterson's production) puts us (and Casey) in a tough spot, doesn't it (even if you also think it significantly exacerbates "system problems")?
                First 6 games (pre-Carroll injury):
                DD usage: 27%, 36 MPG
                KL usage: 24%, 34 MPG
                (Last season were 29% and 25%)

First 13 games (pre-JV injury):
                DD usage: 28%, 36 MPG
                KL usage: 26%, 35 MPG

Full season:
                KL usage: 26%, 35.5 MPG

Hmm.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  First 6 games (pre-Carroll injury):
                  DD usage: 27%, 36 MPG
                  KL usage: 24%, 34 MPG
                  (Last season were 29% and 25%)

First 13 games (pre-JV injury):
                  KL usage: 26%, 35 MPG

Full season:
                  KL usage: 26%, 35.5 MPG

Hmm.
                  Sorry - I meant minutes. But I see you added those, too ...

Do you suppose the players/trainers think these minutes are sustainable?

And it's not like Ross and Patterson were "up to snuff" early, either. So doesn't Casey still deserve some sympathy, given the bench "strength"?

(I should have asked this last question while wearing a scarf and goggles, piloting a "zero" aircraft, and making my final approach toward ramming an American aircraft carrier
                  Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sat Dec 5, 2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Well, we have a very capable wing player in James Johnson who has gotten very few minutes. We had JV who can handle a LOT more usage. We have Patterson who could stand to play more minutes (thus pushing Carroll to the 3 more and DD out of any SF minutes and CoJo back to PG a little more often to give KL a break).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It's obviously better to start so slowly that Casey has to run KL-CJ-DD-DC into the ground on a B2B vs Denver. Get them used to the minute when they play the Sixers

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Absolutely nothing irrational about wanting Casey to be fired. The list of reasons is both solid and lengthy.
                        blaming every loss amd player problem on casey and giving zero credit for anything that ever goes right is irrational. i agree with many of the problems that some people have brought up in this thread.

Comment

• Ugh.

I like the team, but man..... Casey does not know rotations or when to rest guys. Nor does he allow any ball movement when the game is on the line.

I get wanting the ball in your best player's hands, but damn.... GET THEM OPEN! Don't resort to them creating for themselves. They're not gonna get calls all the time, nor will they make a contested shot all the time.

The odds of your style are against you, Dwane. Why can't you see that?
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Why is it a good idea to go for two when down three with under 20 seconds in the game. We have been done this in all of the games where we are down 3 in the final 24 seconds to my knowledge. In fairness it has worked, against Washington for example. In my opinion it just gives us less time to get a good shot and I would rather rely on the skills of our own players rather than the other team missing a free throw or two. This could work against particularly poor three point shooting teams, but most teams have at least a few good ft shooters. Also it just means we need to make two shots instead of one.

Im not saying it cant work, but I don't really agree with the call.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Why is it a good idea to go for two when down three with under 20 seconds in the game. We have been done this in all of the games where we are down 3 in the final 24 seconds to my knowledge. In fairness it has worked, against Washington for example. In my opinion it just gives us less time to get a good shot and I would rather rely on the skills of our own players rather than the other team missing a free throw or two. This could work against particularly poor three point shooting teams, but most teams have at least a few good ft shooters. Also it just means we need to make two shots instead of one.

Im not saying it cant work, but I don't really agree with the call.
                              Casey would rather the game finish in regulation than OT. Which is stupid of him.

Anything can happen in OT.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                Casey would rather the game finish in regulation than OT. Which is stupid of him.

Anything can happen in OT.
                                Especially at home. Visiting Western team dont want OT. Going for 2 just means having to chuck up a three with no time just to tie unless the other side misses FT. If they miss Casey would go for a desperation 2. Either way low%

Comment

Working...
                                X