#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    I'd take that guy over Casey in a heart beat.

Very funny picture.

But on that note, I'm going to step my (humour-less ass, no doubt) away from this thread for a bit. ...

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
      So is there any evidence for this or is it just blind Casey hating?
      Lol, I was just having fun with the Casey haters whom tend to jump at any tidbit of info that comes off as if Casey is a bad coach. Even when it's positive it's a negative to them. I realize I should have done it in the pink font. My bad

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Lol, I was just having fun with the Casey haters whom tend to jump at any tidbit of info that comes off as if Casey is a bad coach. Even when it's positive it's a negative to them. I realize I should have done it in the pink font. My bad
        Haha I do the same thing sometimes, it's hard to discern the real from the fake on this website a lot of the time

Comment

Its like being trapped in a house fire and someone pointing out that the weather is nice

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            JV signed an extension below market value. Lowry re-signed (for a very reasonable price). Lowry and Carroll and Amir play through heavy injuries. JJ puts in extra work with Casey over the summer.

I don't like Casey at all and would love to move on from him, but it seems like every player loves him as a coach. That much we have to credit him with.

It's not enough. But it is a strength of his.
            When it comes to the intangibles of coaching, Casey has them in spades. He appears to be a good motivator, he's a player's coach, he says the right things in the media and remains relatively level-headed while on the sidelines. He also appears to have very good relations with the higher-ups in the organization.

Problem is the on-court stuff, which is probably more important or at least just as important... he sucks at it. I haven't really seen any kind of signature offensive or defensive gameplan in the time he's been here other than isolation basketball and fake-out/look-out defense. The only thing I'd really say is defining about Casey-ball is the slow pace (almost every team he's coached in his career has been in the bottom 10 in pace).

Doesn't really call great plays out of timeouts (although that appears to have improved this year *cough* because of the assistants *cough*), gets out coached in Xs and Os on a daily basis, has mind-boggling rotations at times that he refuses to change unless an injury occurs and over/under-utilizes (one or the other) almost every player on the team.

This to me is why Casey would actually make a great assistant coach (see title in Dallas) not a head coach

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Is that technical foul thing an actual tactic? And does it even work? I've seen it mentioned for years.
              Well, here's the technical foul stats from last year.

Tom Thibideau, 10
              Frank Vogel, 10
              Derek Fisher, 10
              Doc Rivers, 9
              Flip Saunders, 9
              Steve Kerr, 8 (1 more was rescinded)
              Gregg Popovich, 8
              Dave Joerger, 7
              Rick Carlisle, 5 (3 more were rescinded)
              Brooks, 5
              Hollins, 5
              Hornacek, 5
              Van Gundy, 5
              Witmman, 5
              Brown 4, (1 rescinded)
              Budenholzer, 4 (1 rescinded)
              Stotts, 4
              Clifford, 3
              Karl, 3
              Kidd, 3
              Snyder, 3
              Spoelstra, 3
              Blatt, 2
              Hunt, 2
              Malone, 2
              McHale, 2
              Shaw, 2
              Dwane Casey, 1
              Borrego, 1
              Corbin, 1
              Scott, 1
              Vaughn, 1
              Williams, 0 (2 rescinded)

As you can see, all of the good coaches tend to pick up a good amount of technical fouls, and no good coaches got as few as Casey. The company Casey is in is some of the shittiest coaches in the NBA. Make of it what you will.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                As you can see, all of the good coaches tend to pick up a good amount of technical fouls, and no good coaches got as few as Casey. The company Casey is in is some of the shittiest coaches in the NBA. Make of it what you will.
                Well maybe all the good coaches are stressed the hell out from spending so much time game-planning.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Well, here's the technical foul stats from last year.

Tom Thibideau, 10
                  Frank Vogel, 10
                  Derek Fisher, 10
                  Doc Rivers, 9
                  Flip Saunders, 9
                  Steve Kerr, 8 (1 more was rescinded)
                  Gregg Popovich, 8
                  Dave Joerger, 7
                  Rick Carlisle, 5 (3 more were rescinded)
                  Brooks, 5
                  Hollins, 5
                  Hornacek, 5
                  Van Gundy, 5
                  Witmman, 5
                  Brown 4, (1 rescinded)
                  Budenholzer, 4 (1 rescinded)
                  Stotts, 4
                  Clifford, 3
                  Karl, 3
                  Kidd, 3
                  Snyder, 3
                  Spoelstra, 3
                  Blatt, 2
                  Hunt, 2
                  Malone, 2
                  McHale, 2
                  Shaw, 2
                  Dwane Casey, 1
                  Borrego, 1
                  Corbin, 1
                  Scott, 1
                  Vaughn, 1
                  Williams, 0 (2 rescinded)

I've wondered this ever since Casey's 1st year. That is, why he doesn't blow his top at the refs more often, just to send a msg that his club won't be pushed around.

Instead, we get polite apologies from the league after the game has been decided. wtf

Comment

• Casey's offense torched the #1 defence in the league last night without two starters. It ain't nothing

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                      Casey's offense torched the #1 defence in the league last night without two starters. It ain't nothing
                      Nobody's denying that a Casey-led team can put up gaudy numbers during the regular season though.

What people are saying is that come April, Casey's offense is fool's gold.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Nobody's denying that a Casey-led team can put up gaudy numbers during the regular season though.

What people are saying is that come April, Casey's offense is fool's gold.
                        I have to say, we are basing that off what, an 11 game sample size?

Also, this would seem more credible if the Raptors were just torching bad defensive teams or teams that for some reaosn aren't living up to their rankings in the game.

This was the Spurs with all their players playing (Leonard was diminished but its not everything)

I hate to be a complete Casey apologist because I disagree with some of what he does but the level of vitriol in this thread is ridicolous. He's not one of the worst coaches in the league or one of the best, he's pretty much in the middle (the argument of whether he's above 15 or below 15 is one that can be ahd).

Especially considering the value of continuity, that coaches improve (As Casey has especially into this year imo) and the shittiness of alot of the new coaches (See Hoiberg, Donovan and even Alvin Gentry) this year alone i'm not exactly eager just to fire him for its own sake when this team is not going to be a contender yet anyway.

Comment

• So Casey is now a bad coach because he doesn't get called for technical fouls? Insert Mugatu's rant abut taking crazy pills.

Comment

I have to say, we are basing that off what, an 11 game sample size?

Also, this would seem more credible if the Raptors were just torching bad defensive teams or teams that for some reaosn aren't living up to their rankings in the game.

This was the Spurs with all their players playing (Leonard was diminished but its not everything)

I hate to be a complete Casey apologist because I disagree with some of what he does but the level of vitriol in this thread is ridicolous. He's not one of the worst coaches in the league or one of the best, he's pretty much in the middle (the argument of whether he's above 15 or below 15 is one that can be ahd).

Especially considering the value of continuity, that coaches improve (As Casey has especially into this year imo) and the shittiness of alot of the new coaches (See Hoiberg, Donovan and even Alvin Gentry) this year alone i'm not exactly eager just to fire him for its own sake when this team is not going to be a contender yet anyway.
                            We have years of evidence. Remember the "top 10 in offence and defence" from 2 years ago?

Comment

So Casey is now a bad coach because he doesn't get called for technical fouls? Insert Mugatu's rant abut taking crazy pills.
                              I don't know. I think this is an issue, though minor. I don't think it makes him a bad coach, but I think sometimes he doesn't realize he needs to step in so that his players don't get the tech, or because the reffing is beyond ridiculous (which usually leads back to a player getting a tech instead).

It hasn't been a real problem so far this year that I've noticed. It was pretty bad last year. I guess part of it has to do with how games are being called, and how cool your players are keeping their heads (especially Lowry). So far it's been better on all fronts this year. Casey's a bit more aggressive with the refs, Lowry's been a bit less, and the reffing, while still bad, has been decent by NBA standards for us so far this year.

But yeah, at worst it's a minor issue.

Comment

Casey's offense torched the #1 defence in the league last night without two starters. It ain't nothing
                                One game does not a dat set make

Seriously Spurs played bad and Raps played good. It happens. However, Raps still barely won while they were on and the Spurs were off....so ya, our offense is great /pink

Comment

Working...
                                X