Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    One game does not a dat set make

Seriously Spurs played bad and Raps played good. It happens. However, Raps still barely won while they were on and the Spurs were off....so ya, our offense is great /pink
    One game?

Victories against the Hawks, OKC, Clippers, Mavs, Cavs, Spurs, Celtics and Pacers ... with a road-heavy schedule and significant injuries ...

Tough crowd.
    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Dec 10, 2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      So Casey is now a bad coach because he doesn't get called for technical fouls? Insert Mugatu's rant abut taking crazy pills.
      Casey has literally been fined twice by the NBA, for a total of fifty grand, for criticizing reffing post-game, but man he doesn't draw enough technical fouls

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
        One game?

Victories against the Hawks, OKC, Clippers, Mavs, Cavs, Spurs, Celtics and Pacers ... with a road-heavy schedule and significant injuries ...

Tough crowd.
        we beat good teams every year.

doesnt really hold weight, when you are winning while playing subpar basketball.

We won last night cause Demar shot alot better than he usually does.

That is all.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          One game does not a dat set make

Seriously Spurs played bad and Raps played good. It happens. However, Raps still barely won while they were on and the Spurs were off....so ya, our offense is great /pink
          Oh man, some of you guys. Every win is a fake win that they deserve no credit for and every loss is a damning indictment of every player, coach and the entire organization. I'd say that it's unbelievable but sadly it's all too predictable.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Oh man, some of you guys. Every win is a fake win that they deserve no credit for and every loss is a damning indictment of every player, coach and the entire organization. I'd say that it's unbelievable but sadly it's all too predictable.
            I don't know man, do you really get excited over last night's win? We played pretty well, but the Spurs played very bad, especially in the 1st half. Many bad unforced turnovers. Yes, we finished with more turnovers than them, but theirs were really bad early on and directly led to us scoring easy transition buckets. It was basically the difference in the game, where despite our hot shooting, if they hadn't gifted us a few baskets off those turnovers we lose.

So that's good...we beat a contender. A night that is usually a loss turned out to be a decent quality win. However, it's hard to get excited when, again, we won largely on them coming out pretty terribly (very terribly by their own standards).

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              we beat good teams every year.

doesnt really hold weight, when you are winning while playing subpar basketball.

We won last night cause Demar shot alot better than he usually does.

That is all.
              Snooch, man, it's just hard to take you seriously when you come out with a comment like this.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I don't know man, do you really get excited over last night's win? We played pretty well, but the Spurs played very bad, especially in the 1st half. Many bad unforced turnovers. Yes, we finished with more turnovers than them, but theirs were really bad early on and directly led to us scoring easy transition buckets. It was basically the difference in the game, where despite our hot shooting, if they hadn't gifted us a few baskets off those turnovers we lose.

So that's good...we beat a contender. A night that is usually a loss turned out to be a decent quality win. However, it's hard to get excited when, again, we won largely on them coming out pretty terribly (very terribly by their own standards).
                Funny, but some Spurs fans, at least, on their forum, were wiling to acknowledge that we deserved to win because we out-played their squad on the night.

Our guys deserve some credit. They've beaten a lot of good teams. Why try to suggest it's all "luck" ... an ever-lengthening series of "gifts" from above .500 teams?
                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Dec 10, 2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Snooch, man, it's just hard to take you seriously when you come out with a comment like this.
                  we play a subpar style of basketball that has been proven to be unsuccessful at times, but when shots are falling at a higher than normal rate...surprise....we win.

Demar shot 75% from the floor last night.....he shoots just 50% or his average of 43ish%, we loose.

Comment

Funny, but some Spurs fans, at least, on their forum, were wiling to acknowledge that we deserved to win because we out-played their squad on the night.

Our guys deserve some credit. They've beaten a lot of good teams. Why try to suggest it's all "luck" ... an ever-lengthening series of "gifts" from above .500 teams?
                    Who said luck? We did outplay them, because they played like crap. They had something like 11 turnovers in the first half that led to 17 pts. You can see it as they had 2 fast break points and we had 14. That was basically the difference in the game, and many of those were from bad turnovers where they made awful passes to launch our break.

We shot the ball about as well as we possibly can, and the only reason we "outplayed" them was because they basically shot themselves in the foot in the first half with those turnovers and played easily one of their worst (if not the worst) games of the season.

I give our guys credit for playing well enough to win, but yeah, we don't win that game if they don't play uncharacteristically sloppy in the first half (and that's not even getting into the difference a sick and visibly struggling Kawhi makes).

Comment

we did outplay their squad...obviously,,,,and because their squad played bad it helped.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        We have years of evidence. Remember the "top 10 in offence and defence" from 2 years ago?
                        That year to be clear we lost a series that was basically deadlocked with a team that was just as hot as we were going in and we had 0 players with any postseason experience (Which isnt everything but is something).

The 2013-2014 Raptors were not a failure or an indictment on Casey.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                          That year to be clear we lost a series that was basically deadlocked with a team that was just as hot as we were going in and we had 0 players with any postseason experience (Which isnt everything but is something).

The 2013-2014 Raptors were not a failure or an indictment on Casey.
                          So what are we suggesting in a nutshell? That we've had a good offense in years past, but outside variables contributed to our lack of playoff success. But this year is different simply because it's this year?

Comment

• Well, if the Spurs play to the best of their abilities and the Raptors play to the best of their abilities then who wins every time?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Do I get excited when my team beats a title contender in a close game? Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I? I'm a fan. I love basketball and I love my team. I enjoy analysis, stats, discussing prospects, team buildings, discussing organizational philosophy, etc. but I do my best not to let it spoil the joy I get from watching my favourite team play my favourite sport.

And, again, I don't agree with the analysis on here that the Raps deserve no credit for any of their wins but every loss is an indictment of every player, coach, and the entire organization. That's bullshit. And I say that not as a fan but as a guy who's watched basketball for 35 years - that's not how the game works.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Do I get excited when my team beats a title contender in a close game? Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I? I'm a fan. I love basketball and I love my team. I enjoy analysis, stats, discussing prospects, team buildings, discussing organizational philosophy, etc. but I do my best not to let it spoil the joy I get from watching my favourite team play my favourite sport.

And, again, I don't agree with the analysis on here that the Raps deserve no credit for any of their wins but every loss is an indictment of every player, coach, and the entire organization. That's bullshit. And I say that not as a fan but as a guy who's watched basketball for 35 years - that's not how the game works.
                                Ok, how about this then? Last night felt great, but let's remind ourselves that it's just 1 of 82, and there's still plenty of room for improvement (from management, to coaching, to starters, to bench) before April.

Fair?

Comment

Working...
                                X