#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
    Hoiberg seems like a terrible coach from what I've read and he isnt alone in the sense that new coaches arent always what they cracked up to be. Grass is always greener...
    He isn't terrible but he isn't the coach Thibs is. As disagreeable as he might be, no coach expect more and prepares team like he does. Unless players tune him out they would always be a tough matchup regardless of roster talent.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      But why focus on some bad passes in the first half rather than that neither they, nor their coach, could break us down sufficiently in the fourth?

Or that they had one player ailing (but dressed) and we have two starters out?

Oh, right. Because you "have eyes". Okay, then.
      Because they still easily outplayed us in the fourth. As in, had we not created a gap in the first half, where their carelessness with the ball basically made the gap, we very likely lose, even with our hot shooting and kawhi being a no show.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        The problem is this season we've shown no ability to blow out lesser teams. We let bad teams stay in games, which keeps the minutes high on DeMar and Lowry. Chris Paul's historical minutes are not a good comparison, as Paul also has faced criticism for wearing down in the playoffs at times.
        Which recent playoff series has Chris Paul worn down in? I thought his thing and I could check some numbers was he always took it to the next level in the playoffs.

Also in terms of semi blowouts where Casey didnt unleash the bench early enough the Bucks and Clippers games remind me

Comment

• Chicago's struggles have a lot to do with Derrick Rose's unfortunate situation. The organization is paying him a lot of money and really wants to see him return to form or at least become a tradeable asset, but he's just not that player anymore. He was never a great shooter, and lost a lot of his athleticism through injury, and now he doesn't have a lot to contribute. That hurts the Bulls in a lot of ways.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Because they still easily outplayed us in the fourth. As in, had we not created a gap in the first half, where their carelessness with the ball basically made the gap, we very likely lose, even with our hot shooting and kawhi being a no show.

Please! - If they'd outplayed us "easily" in the fourth, don't you think they would have won?

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
              Which recent playoff series has Chris Paul worn down in? I thought his thing and I could check some numbers was he always took it to the next level in the playoffs.

Also in terms of semi blowouts where Casey didnt unleash the bench early enough the Bucks and Clippers games remind me
              Not recently, but early in Paul's career when he was with the Hornets and his minutes during the regular season were really high, he wore down in the playoffs. Since his second season with the Clippers, Paul's regular season minutes have been below 35mpg and his playoff stats have been better.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Please - If they'd outplayed us "easily" in the fourth, don't you think they would have won???
                You know the score counts all halves right? We outplayed them in the first half, but the difference was due to their sloppiness. The fact that they were unable to close a double digit gap doesn't mean they didnt outplay us down the stretch.

And going back...yes I have eyes. As do Jack and Leo, who both commented on how uncharacteristically sloppy the spurs were with the ball and how it was the big reason we were leading.

I honestly don't even know what you're arguing.

Comment

Please! - If they'd outplayed us "easily" in the fourth, don't you think they would have won?
                  They were down 11 to start the 4th quarter. That's why they 'outplayed' us and lost.

Comment

You know the score counts all halves right? We outplayed them in the first half, but the difference was due to their sloppiness. The fact that they were unable to close a double digit gap doesn't mean they didnt outplay us down the stretch.

And going back...yes I have eyes. As do Jack and Leo, who both commented on how uncharacteristically sloppy the spurs were with the ball and how it was the big reason we were leading.

Yeah, they count the scores from both halves. (Good one). They also got to within three points with (about) 5 minutes left ... and fell short.

Now if you want to see a game where the Spurs outplayed someone "easily", I'd recommend their previous game with Philly. Not our game.

And as for your classy insinuation that I'm not making a coherent or consistent argument - What can I say? ... "Thanks - but no thanks".
                    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Dec 10, 2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                      Yep this is why if you're firing a coach you've really got to try your best to make sure you're getting someone elite or it's the same old story.
                      No, the moral here is if you have a coach like Thibs it is crazy to fire him.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, they count the scores from both halves. Good one.

They also got to within three points with (about) 5 minutes left ... and fell short.

Now if you want to see a game where the Spurs outplayed someone "easily", I'd recommend their previous game with Philly. Not our game.

And as for your classy insinuation that I'm not making a coherent or consistent argument - What can I say? ... "Thanks but no thanks".
                        Well you're not making.g an argument. You seem to be sying if the spurs are so good, why couldn't they complete a comeback? Or that them sucking for a half wasn't them sucking, but the raptors maybe....dominating them? When anyone who's seen the Spurs play for the last near 20 years coming ld see they had a bad half especially turning it over....

So yeah, you seem to be playing the contrarian with no real point to make.

Comment

That's why their the Spurs. Everyone knew a run was coming in the fourth but, what we didn't know is how the raps would handle it.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Well you're not making.g an argument. You seem to be sying if the spurs are so good, why couldn't they complete a comeback? Or that them sucking for a half wasn't them sucking, but the raptors maybe....dominating them? When anyone who's seen the Spurs play for the last near 20 years coming ld see they had a bad half especially turning it over....

So yeah, you seem to be playing the contrarian with no real point to make.

Well ... I'm not going to re-state what I've said to defend myself against your allegation. So ... okay. Let that be the last word.

Save this -

(There ... let's call it "even" )
                            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Dec 10, 2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              That's why their the Spurs. Everyone knew a run was coming in the fourth but, what we didn't know is how the raps would handle it.
                              And I've said the raptors outplayed them, but let's not pretend it was at their best, or that this was a telling game in any way.

They played like the spurs for a quarter and almost beat us. We played about as well as we could especially with two starters out, and still depended on them basically gifting us the lead we built in the first half.

Comment

The fact that you have guards like Cory and Kyle that are always pressuring and up in your face has nothing to do with the sloppiness?

By the way we won every quarter but the 4TH.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X