No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The honest guys are the radio analysts, Eric Smith and Paul Jones.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      But we literally said the exact same thing last year. And we were healthy as can be expected and had home court vs the lower seed.
      His excuse last year was probably that he didn't have the defensive guys to coach the defensive system that he's known for. He has a defensive minded team this year. So now he really has no excuse.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
        His excuse last year was probably that he didn't have the defensive guys to coach the defensive system that he's known for. He has a defensive minded team this year. So now he really has no excuse.
        Give him time. He'll find one.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Can you please provide a quote where Kevin McHale said that? I cannot find one through Google. And that Minny team went 20-20 with Casey and 12-30 the rest of the way, so, yeah..... maybe not the best example.
          Its the holidays so kinda busy but here are some. Before he got fired and the previous season there was alot of crap about Casey. Poor timeouts, crazy rotations, a lot of open threes, just head scratching stuff. Also check earlier posts

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...-01-23-casey_x

Comment

But we literally said the exact same thing last year. And we were healthy as can be expected and had home court vs the lower seed.
            I can't pin what happened last year in the playoffs on Casey though. The roster was just not a good mix of players for the system they are trying to run, and our best player was clearly still not fully recovered from injury. If I were to compare how the Raptors were playing when they were at their best (hustling on defense and locking teams up), to what I saw from the Wiz when they were at the best, I would say hands down the Raptors could beat them.

If it's not a first round series win this season then I think you have to replace Casey. Whether it's because of his system, trying to get players to buy into it, a matter of effort, etc. .. something HAS to change at that point. And after what would be 3 straight first round loses, I wouldn't have any problem with that change regardless of whether it's Casey's fault or not.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
              Do you actually expect them to emphasize and break down how the team sucks? I can guarantee you they'd be fired if they did that. They are paid by entertainment organizations that are putting forth an entertainment package - it's more color commentary than actual intelligent basketball analysis. I bet you if you allowed them to truthfully critique the team, they'd be bang on.
              you know, it's too bad we don't have a separate media company from Rogers, then we can hire people to rip this team to shreds like Stephen A Smith does with guys like Slava Medvedenko, Kwame Brown, Eddy Curry (actually, a lot of the players on this team are very very similar to him attitude wise), Jerome James, etc...

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                I can't pin what happened last year in the playoffs on Casey though. The roster was just not a good mix of players for the system they are trying to run, and our best player was clearly still not fully recovered from injury. If I were to compare how the Raptors were playing when they were at their best (hustling on defense and locking teams up), to what I saw from the Wiz when they were at the best, I would say hands down the Raptors could beat them.

If it's not a first round series win this season then I think you have to replace Casey. Whether it's because of his system, trying to get players to buy into it, a matter of effort, etc. .. something HAS to change at that point. And after what would be 3 straight first round loses, I wouldn't have any problem with that change regardless of whether it's Casey's fault or not.
                I can.

- rode Lowry too hard during the regular season, to the point that he broke down
                - used an ISO/hero ball offense that relied on 2 players (Lowry & DeRozan), that was easy to shut down
                - used an ISO/hero ball offense that relied on 2 players (Lowry & DeRozan), which didn't give other players an opportunity to develop as go-to guys in the regular season, making it hard for them to step-up when needed in the playoffs
                - used a poor defensive system that could easily be exploited (scrambling allowed easy blow-bys and rotated bigs out of the paint)
                - didn't effectively utilize his roster, either by dictating the type of play or responding to the opposition's style of play
                - didn't play JJ enough (I don't even like JJ and certainly don't think he's a savior, but there were specific matchups that he was absolutely ideal for... but no, let Hansbrough get destroyed instead, that's a great idea)

Toronto was an equal-to-better team that won the season series (swept it I believe) and had home-court advantage.

Casey should have been fired after the series plain and simple, especially when MU promised that the team was expected to improve upon the previous season's results (game-7 loss in first round). The team was better, yet took a massive, embarrassing step backward.
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Dec 21, 2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I can't pin what happened last year in the playoffs on Casey though.
                  Seriously?

Our offensive and defensive schemes that he put in were completely exploited and embarrassed. That's on him.

We failed to adjust to what Washington was doing. That's on him.

We didn't address mismatches, like guarding Pierce on the perimeter with Hansbrough. That's on him.

Lowry's burnout, that's on him to a large extent too. Coach gotta manage the minutes.

The players failed but the coach did nothing to prevent it.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Seriously?

Our offensive and defensive schemes that he put in were completely exploited and embarrassed. That's on him.

We failed to adjust to what Washington was doing. That's on him.

We didn't address mismatches, like guarding Pierce on the perimeter with Hansbrough. That's on him.

Lowry's burnout, that's on him to a large extent too. Coach gotta manage the minutes.

The players failed but the coach did nothing to prevent it.
                    He admitted himself after the series that we didn't have such a thing.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      He admitted himself after the series that we didn't have such a thing.
                      Yes but not available is not an option for this category. The choice of none is on him
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        Leo calls it out pretty regularly, and Jack will mention it from time to time. Devlin is the only unabashed/shameless Bell/Rogers cheerleader, and easily the worst trumpeter of "shots they normally make". TBH he does it so much (and with a weird, subtle inflection) that I'm starting to wonder if he's actually baiting fans who bitch about iso ball/bad midrange shots on twitter.
                        Jimi Put the word out, Yeah that TELEVISION ANNOUNCER MATT DEVl a terrible announcer

HE Speaks the game like your watching an infomercial,
                        or hearing someone reading you a book of doctor terms..BORING...

Like he trying to take the fun out the basketball Match Up...

WAIT MIYUTE...
                        So PRICES GO UP THE NEXT SEASON AFTER WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS SO THE SUITS GET THE TICKETS

THEN THEY HIRE A ANNOUNCER WHO IS AS DULL AS BORING AND DULL AS A SNAIL,
                        ESPECIALLY AFTER WE HAD CHUCK SWIRSKY AN ANNOUNCER WHO MADE EVEN OUR BIG LOSSES FUN TO WATCH!!!

THE SAD THING IS THAT THAT HAPPENS FOR EVERY TORONTO SPORTS TEAM...
                        BLUE JAYS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS TICKET PRICES SKY ROCKET!!!

WOW
                        Last edited by CB4Champ; Mon Dec 21, 2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Its the holidays so kinda busy but here are some. Before he got fired and the previous season there was alot of crap about Casey. Poor timeouts, crazy rotations, a lot of open threes, just head scratching stuff. Also check earlier posts

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...-01-23-casey_x
                          Yeah, that's what I thought.....

Comment

• CB4Champ wrote: View Post
                            Jimi Put the word out, Yeah that TELEVISION ANNOUNCER MATT DEVl a terrible announcer

HE Speaks the game like your watching an infomercial, or hearing someone reading you a book of doctor terms..BORING...

WAIT MIYUTE...
                            So PRICES GO UP THE NEXT SEASON AFTER WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS SO THE SUITS GET THE TICKETS

ESPECIALLY AFTER WE HAD CHUCK SWIRSKY AN ANNOUNCER WHO MADE EVEN OUR BIG LOSSES FUN TO WATCH!!!

WOW
                            Devlin is an excellent baseball play by play guy. The slower pace suits him. He doesnt seem that knowledgable about basketball

Comment

• CB4Champ wrote: View Post

HE Speaks the game like your watching an infomercial,
                              or hearing someone reading you a book of doctor terms..BORING...

WAIT MIYUTE...

WOW
                              #FireDevi

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                The media in Toronto is a huge problem. When we watch a 4th quarter against Indiana, or 4th + OT against Charlotte, our analysts just praise Lowry and DeRozan and talk about how they 'normally hit those shots'. I've never heard our analysts call out our lack of ball movement, or talk about the risks we're taking giving Kyle and DeMar such a huge load minutes and usage-wise.

If either of those guys gets injured this year we're in trouble, because noone else is involved enough offensively to pick up the slack.
                                While I haven't watched every minute of every game, I think both Jack and Leo have talked a lot about the lack of ball movement, making good decisions, etc. this year. It would be unheard of for a home team's broadcast crew to routinely and incessantly criticize the team, coach, etc., so I am not sure why anyone would expect them to do so.

You can nitpick any broadcast crew but Devlin calls a good game and is a knowledgeable play by play guy and both Jack and Leo, while they have their faults, are decent enough, though Leo gets on my nerves over the course of a season. I had issues with them during the end of the Colangelo era where I knew they were being force-fed the company line and that bothered me but that was more about the BC front office than the guys at the mics.

Comment

Working...
                                X