#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Devlin is an excellent baseball play by play guy. The slower pace suits him. He doesnt seem that knowledgable about basketball
    I've actually enjoyed Devlin's work this year, more so than I have in years past. My main issue is the constant 'shots they normally make' thing, just seems like pandering to Casey/management/ownership to me. (Also, laughing too much at his own jokes lol.)
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I can't pin what happened last year in the playoffs on Casey though.
      He put in GV at SF.

Nuff said.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I can't pin what happened last year in the playoffs on Casey though.
        I don't pin the loss on Casey, but I pin the sweep on him.
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• If we were to drop the next three games we could fall to 10th or lower in the standings. Surely if that happens the pressure has to build on MU to fire DC.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            If we were to drop the next three games we could fall to 10th or lower in the standings. Surely if that happens the pressure has to build on MU to fire DC.
            He should fire him now to avoid that.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              He should fire him now to avoid that.
              You could have stopped 4 words in.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                If we were to drop the next three games we could fall to 10th or lower in the standings. Surely if that happens the pressure has to build on MU to fire DC.
                We could lose 15 in a row and Casey won't be fired till the offseason
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I remember hearing that MU or the Rap's organization was taking a look at Thibs as a replacement for Casey, but were turned off that he basically had no life outside of basketball. Was that just a rumor or was there an actual quote for MU on that?

The reason I'm asking is that the players being brought in seem very Thibs-esque. Defensive minded, hard working players that won't complain about having to work hard. Basically, defensive minded players mostly seem to have high motors and the "hard work" gene imbedded in them. So, is Thibs really off the books as the next Raptors coach or taking a break before potentially coming here?

Comment

I remember hearing that MU or the Rap's organization was taking a look at Thibs as a replacement for Casey, but were turned off that he basically had no life outside of basketball. Was that just a rumor or was there an actual quote for MU on that?

The reason I'm asking is that the players being brought in seem very Thibs-esque. Defensive minded, hard working players that won't complain about having to work hard. Basically, defensive minded players mostly seem to have high motors and the "hard work" gene imbedded in them. So, is Thibs really off the books as the next Raptors coach or taking a break before potentially coming here?
                    Don't think it was the "no life outside bball" more like' "clashes with management". For all of Casey's faults, both real and made up, i've never heard him being anything other than a company man.

I'll also venture to guess most, if not all, coaches want hard working defensive minded players with high motors.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I remember hearing that MU or the Rap's organization was taking a look at Thibs as a replacement for Casey, but were turned off that he basically had no life outside of basketball. Was that just a rumor or was there an actual quote for MU on that?

Thibs seems almost like the anti-Masai when it comes to having a life outside of basketball, at least from what we see/hear publicly. Masai is all about people relationships and giving back away from the game.

Unfortunate, if that was the deal breaker, since Thibs-coached teams embody everything that Masai says he wants the Raps to be, on the court.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Thibs seems almost like the anti-Masai when it comes to having a life outside of basketball, at least from what we see/hear publicly. Masai is all about people relationships and giving back away from the game.

Unfortunate, if that was the deal breaker, since Thibs-coached teams embody everything that Masai says he wants the Raps to be, on the court.
                        Yeah, but with Thibs we'd also have the issue with Lowry's minutes that we have with Casey.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Don't think it was the "no life outside bball" more like' "clashes with management". For all of Casey's faults, both real and made up, i've never heard him being anything other than a company man.

I'll also venture to guess most, if not all, coaches want hard working defensive minded players with high motors.
                          So was it an actual quote coming from someone in the organization or was it just a rumor that spread through the forum?

Agree, all coaches want those types of players, but few can be clearly identified as having a type of player that matches their own distictinct coaching style. Thibs embodies hard nosed, defense first, hard working quality that for example coach Karl is not associated with.

And not saying the type of player MU is bringing in has something to do with his plans to hire Thibs in the off season, but it's certainly the type of cast I could see Thibs finding attractive. Plus, if you put any belief into Durant being an off season target then Thibs is the type of play off tested coach I'm sure KD would like to play for. Thibs also runs a more iso style offence which KD is use to.

Just speculation, but stars are potentially lining up if there is some intent by MU to follow that path.

Comment

So was it an actual quote coming from someone in the organization or was it just a rumor that spread through the forum?
                            I seem to remember it being floated one or more of the beat writers. No one from the organization went on record; more of a 'sources say' type thing.
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, but with Thibs we'd also have the issue with Lowry's minutes that we have with Casey.
                              Lowry would be playing 48 minutes a game under Thibs hehe.

Lowry and Thibs would be interesting though. It would either be incredible, with Lowry being a 1st team All-NBA candidate, or it would end in death.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Lowry would be playing 48 minutes a game under Thibs hehe.

Lowry and Thibs would be interesting though. It would either be incredible, with Lowry being a 1st team All-NBA candidate, or it would end in death.
                                See, the minutes thing is the only thing I'd worry about with Thibs but I do think that issue is overblown (Chicago had a BAD history with injuries). Granted, I'm pretty sure he once played Butler 48 minutes but can't remember exactly how that happened.

I actually think Lowry's minutes would actually go DOWN with Thibs. For some reason, he tends to be able to turn any back up point guard into something special (probably due to Rose always being hurt). I think he'd do fine with CoJo.

With all that said; I think Thibs and Lowry would be an amazing fit together.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X