#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is wrote: View Post
    See, the minutes thing is the only thing I'd worry about with Thibs but I do think that issue is overblown (Chicago had a BAD history with injuries). Granted, I'm pretty sure he once played Butler 48 minutes but can't remember exactly how that happened.

I actually think Lowry's minutes would actually go DOWN with Thibs. For some reason, he tends to be able to turn any back up point guard into something special (probably due to Rose always being hurt). I think he'd do fine with CoJo.

With all that said; I think Thibs and Lowry would be an amazing fit together.
    yo, cojo would look like a god with thibs lol. he takes any scrub speedy pg and turns them into point gods. and cojo isnt a scrub, so just imagine

and carrole would probably play 43 minutes per game
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      yo, cojo would look like a god with thibs lol. he takes any scrub speedy pg and turns them into point gods. and cojo isnt a scrub, so just imagine

And turn into a DPOY candidate.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I remember hearing that MU or the Rap's organization was taking a look at Thibs as a replacement for Casey, but were turned off that he basically had no life outside of basketball. Was that just a rumor or was there an actual quote for MU on that?

The reason I'm asking is that the players being brought in seem very Thibs-esque. Defensive minded, hard working players that won't complain about having to work hard. Basically, defensive minded players mostly seem to have high motors and the "hard work" gene imbedded in them. So, is Thibs really off the books as the next Raptors coach or taking a break before potentially coming here?
        'Having no life outside basketball'....isn't that the kind of HC you would want?

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

Yeah but it's usually offensive gunner PGs that do well under Thibs. Nate Robinson, John Locus, Aaron Brooks, they're all looking to score first, second and third. Cojo isn't really that type.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
            Yeah but it's usually offensive gunner PGs that do well under Thibs. Nate Robinson, John Locus, Aaron Brooks, they're all looking to score first, second and third. Cojo isn't really that type.
            Thibs does alot of things Casey does offensively but with better off-ball movement and he does ask guys create for themselves but with better support. DJ is a great example, guards do well under Thibs because he creates better spacing

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              CoJo can make drive when asked & is willing to do so though. He's faster than most would expect too.

CoJo under Thibs would be lethal.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Ok Spurs...that's just showing off.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• San antonio spurs..
                    leading the Spurs tha 3 Emperors,the guys who gave up money for titles
                    They outlasted all contenders and still dominate inside the new era...

They cannot stop Tha Emperors of the Association..
                    They teach all there squad to do whats best for tha team and not for money..
                    no love for money!!! Just winning

BURN THE SIX, BUILD THE SEVEN!!!
                    Last edited by CB4Champ; Thu Dec 24, 2015, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• watching this team i can't help but think we are going to make whoever we play in the first round really hate us

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        watching this team i can't help but think we are going to make whoever we play in the first round really hate us
                        You make it sound like a bad thing
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          You make it sound like a bad thing
                          i'm not

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            watching this team i can't help but think we are going to make whoever we play in the first round really hate us
                            Coaches call team meeting after regular season losses. They would go ape-shit over playoff losses.

Comment

• Don't know if this this has been posted yet, but it's another article (along with Zach Lowe's the other day) that points out that ball movement offences may not work well without the right personnel. The more I read these, the more it seems Casey, Nurse et al may not be the offensive idiots we make them out to be.

Hoiberg, Skiles, and Donovan have not found it so easy to change their teams’ offensive tendencies, though no doubt the Bulls and Thunder veterans who had success in the old ways have been less malleable. The Bulls want to run more, but their players haven’t been effective in transition. Skiles has found it hard to juice the offense with a bricky backcourt and nobody to get to the free throw line. And Donovan has two great creators and few others who can pass or make a play for others. It makes sense to keep the ball in their hands until the defense commits, even if it means fewer passes. Dave Joerger looked to juice the Grizzlies’ offense when he was hired, only to revert back to the style that suited their personnel.
                              Coaching in the NBA absolutely makes a difference, but offensively, coaches are constrained by personnel more than many fans realize.
                              https://thecauldron.si.com/new-nba-c...567#.4ajpcs78g
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Don't know if this this has been posted yet, but it's another article (along with Zach Lowe's the other day) that points out that ball movement offences may not work well without the right personnel. The more I read these, the more it seems Casey, Nurse et al may not be the offensive idiots we make them out to be.

https://thecauldron.si.com/new-nba-c...567#.4ajpcs78g
                                The bulls are making some nice plays today with good ball movement. Good point though. Still those other teams tried for the most part before reverting back to old habits. We didnt try switching up our play with bad results.

Comment

Working...
                                X