No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And look how long it took DeMar to unlearn some of the bad habits he picked up

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Considering Pop and Spo have both commented on the importance of giving young guys more opportunity to for the betterment of the team, I'm going to side with them over the likes of you.
      I'm sure shaving a minute from each of the rotation is exactly what Pop and Spo meant.

Comment

• Which of these 2 scenarios would you prefer.

A. Raptors win 2 playoff rounds this year. Casey's option picked up plus 2 yrs extension.

or

B. Raptors bounced in 1st round again. Casey replaced by a coach you personally like.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          I'm sure shaving a minute from each of the rotation is exactly what Pop and Spo meant.
          And if you read everything, it wasn't what I meant either.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            I would say the general top concerns of Casey falls into the following:

- poor schemes/use of personnel
            - poor rotations
            - poor accountability/double standards
            - poor adjustments
            - poor tactics (SLOB/BLOB/ATO)
            How is it that the team just keeps winning?

We're currently sitting tied with Atlanta for second in the east.

Despite poor coaching, injuries to our starters, inconsistent bench, etc.

Honestly, the #firecasey movement is a complete failure.

I wouldn't be surprised if Casey is extended after the season.

I remember many posters from the #firecasey movement actually wanted the team to lose more, just so that Casey would be fired. Pretty sad for fans of a team.

Good coaches find a way to win games. Bad coaches actually lose games (unless they have superstars). Casey doesn't have a superstar or multiple all stars (although Demar and Kyle each became all-stars under Casey).

The evidence points to the fact that posters are upset with Casey because their favourite player has issues earning 4th quarter minutes and unproven rookies/players don't get enough minutes. Meh. Who cares. Show me evidence that Bruno, Wright or Powell would be better if they played 20 more minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Oh the derozan fans want their cake and eat it too

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                How is it that the team just keeps winning?
                Because Masai put together a good, deep roster.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• #FireCasey

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  You know who was force feed minutes?

As many as he could handle?

Demar Derozan

That worked out alright.
                  I thought we agreed that Demar is the exception not the norm.

At the time, the Raptors weren't even a playoff team. Big difference in situations.

Just because Demar got those minutes and was force fed, doesn't mean we should do the same for every 20th pick or second rounder that we have.

Also, I think TRoss got a lot of minutes (after the Rudy trade), even when he struggled.

Some players have the skill set and potential and others don't. I love Bruno but he's better off in the D-League learning the game.

Last edited by special1; Sun Jan 3, 2016, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Because Masai put together a good, deep roster.
                    That's why this is a make it or break it year for Casey.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• #FireCasey

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      That's why this is a make it or break it year for Casey.
                      The cards are in Casey's hands. The Last time Casey was in this situation, the team overachieved, even when many considered us to be tanking. People forget this.

Why would you expect any different with an even better constructed team.

I hated Casey after his "come hell or high water" thoughts. But I've come to agree that he is a GOOD coach and gets way too much hate around here. Especially, considering where we are as a team.

Nobody knows how we'll perform in this upcoming playoffs, but I think the assumption that we will automatically lose because Casey is coaching is a foolish one.

Comment

• I honestly wouldn't be surprised or shocked if Casey got extended even if the Raptors lose in the first round. After 20+ years, I'm used to getting disappointed by this team.

Comment

I thought we agreed that Demar is the exception not the norm.

At the time, the Raptors weren't even a playoff team. Big difference in situations.

Just because Demar got those minutes and was force fed, doesn't mean we should do the same for every 20th pick or second rounder that we have.

Also, I think TRoss got a lot of minutes (after the Rudy trade), even when he struggled.

Some players have the skill set and potential and others don't. I love Bruno but he's better off in the D-League learning the game.

Bruno shouldn't be playing nba. Who is talking about him?

And yet pop, Thibs, Vogel, SVG, Spo etc. find time for young players.

Discussion was spurred by talk of potential lottery pick next season - not a current or former #20

Comment

I remember many posters from the #firecasey movement actually wanted the team to lose more, just so that Casey would be fired. Pretty sad for fans of a team.
                            Your assessment of the fans/other posters, is neither welcomed or acceptable.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Bruno shouldn't be playing nba. Who is talking about him?

And yet pop, Thibs, Vogel, SVG, Spo etc. find time for young players.

Discussion was spurred by talk of potential lottery pick next season - not a current or former #20
                              It's a bit Premature to guess on the playing time of a potential lottery pick next season.

So now the #firecasey people are using that as a reason to can Casey? lol

You guys keep grasping for straws... Smh

Comment

The cards are in Casey's hands. The Last time Casey was in this situation, the team overachieved, even when many considered us to be tanking. People forget this.

Why would you expect any different with an even better constructed team.

I hated Casey after his "come hell or high water" thoughts. But I've come to agree that he is a GOOD coach and gets way too much hate around here. Especially, considering where we are as a team.

Nobody knows how we'll perform in this upcoming playoffs, but I think the assumption that we will automatically lose because Casey is coaching is a foolish one.

People also forget the reason the team sucked so badly was because of the extreme overuse of Rudy Gay ISO, along with DD and Lowry not all meshing together. And then there was the legendary MU/TL/Larry T meeting with Lowry that straightened him out.

So, Casey's turnaround season is really relative to his own ineptness at managing the roster that year, with MU actually having to unload above average NBA talent (Gay) and hold Lowry accountable, to save Casey from himself. In hindsight, one of the potential solutions right out of the gate would have been to move either Gay or Derozan to the bench as 6th man, and increase the ball movement. As a result, MU ended up selling low on Gay that season, but recovering somewhat in smaller deals later on.

Comment

Working...
                                X