#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Player effort level is 100% on the coach to hold them accountable for. Casey finally decided to bench Cory in favor of FVV last night to send that message. Then for some inexplicable reason, he brings Cory back into a 3-PG lineup, which killed the momentum. What could have been a lesson learned for Cory and a confidence booster for FVV and a team-bulding comeback on the road, quickly turned into a steaming pile of turd. I've been trying so hard to warm up to Casey, but my confidence is wavering again.
    That's ridiculous man. I understand the coach's role as a motivator, but you are gone to the extreme here my man. If these guys want to win, they should be playing harder and they shouldn't need a guy in suit on the sidelines to make it happen. Cory's regression is his own fault as far as I'm concerned. He was never that good to be begin with to be honest, but at least his D was solid last season.

Comment

• Casey isn't going to get fired.. and he does have some positives. He was doing alright early on in this season. Personally I think he just panics and forgets about what's working and what's not working.

Like last night.. Why play CoJo at all against Orlando.. or if you know he's not performing well why throw him in for the rest of the game? What I want to see in a coach is a guy that's calm, that makes rational decisions, and can explain why he made those decisions without people looking confused.

Last night the Raptors were not doing well against a lottery team (for the second time in a week)... Raptors were making a run though. Casey made a decision because FVV needed a breather. It backfired, but he for some reason stuck with that decision until the rest of the game. Carroll doesn't need to start yet he does. Ross was shooting well, and was benched. JV was kicking ass and taking names, yet is an afterthought again in the second half.

Casey has to make better decisions. He decides directly who gets minutes and who does not, or what play should be called. He can be that psychological factor that can help a player out of their slump. Or he can decide whether a player should play after being injured. He's made some poor decisions during this losing streak and he needs to take the blame for a lot of those.

Casey like his players can improve as well. He at times looks like he's figuring things out but then screws it all up when someone gets injured or someone isn't feeling it. I just think its panic that over comes his nerves. That's when irrational decisions get made. Hopefully the all-star break will help clear his head, otherwise we really are looking at a first round loss again.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
        That's ridiculous man. I understand the coach's role as a motivator, but you are gone to the extreme here my man. If these guys want to win, they should be playing harder and they shouldn't need a guy in suit on the sidelines to make it happen. Cory's regression is his own fault as far as I'm concerned. He was never that good to be begin with to be honest, but at least his D was solid last season.
        Huh? Joseph should have been benched a long time ago for his lack of effort. Casey's has FVV and even better - Powell could have taken his spot in Lowry-CoJo lineups. Wright's back now, too. Casey controls that decision 100%.

Comment

• I thought the locker room discussion on the most recent open game was interesting bc it seemed like Lowry had more control over the room than Casey.

Comment

Huh? Joseph should have been benched a long time ago for his lack of effort. Casey's has FVV and even better - Powell could have taken his spot in Lowry-CoJo lineups. Wright's back now, too. Casey controls that decision 100%.
            sure, but it's not his fault Cojo isn't performing as well as last season. Benching him is just a reponse to his poor play. Whether it's used as motivation is entirely up to Cojo.

Comment

sure, but it's not his fault Cojo isn't performing as well as last season. Benching him is just a reponse to his poor play. Whether it's used as motivation is entirely up to Cojo.
              But it is Casey's fault that he's waited 51 games into the season to deliver that message to Cory, while Powell and FVV are starving for minutes.

Comment

But it is Casey's fault that he's waited 51 games into the season to deliver that message to Cory, while Powell and FVV are starving for minutes.
                yes perhaps, but you're initial argument is that these things are 100% on the coach. I disagree with that. The coach takes too much crap when things go wrong but gets little praise when things are going great. The reality in terms of their impact likely lies somewhere in the middle.

Comment

yes perhaps, but you're initial argument is that these things are 100% on the coach. I disagree with that. The coach takes too much crap when things go wrong but gets little praise when things are going great. The reality in terms of their impact likely lies somewhere in the middle.
                  And I still stand by that argument. One of the main tools that a coach has to hold players accountable is doling out minutes. It's 100% Casey's choice to decide to use that or not. He has chosen not to. It has also been Casey's choice instruct CoJo to play an absurdly ball-dominant style and try to create offense all by himself without passing or receiving passes. Cory is a decent driver, but he's just not good enough to have an AST'D % < .16.. That number is ridiculously low. He's just not good enough for that. To play that style over 82 games, Joseph is clearly conserving energy for offense, and that's also 100% on Casey.

Comment

Yeah..than he plays the most important time of the game..last five minutes of the game...mahhhhhhh..Good one Randy..I mean Casey..
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• If Raps keep playing poor basketball during reg. season and lose in the 1st round...

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        If Raps keep playing poor basketball during reg. season and lose in the 1st round...

Not going to happen. Cue end of the year conference where Masai will say "I will be making an evaluation and will determined course of action" - most likely Carroll be shipped out of town, Lowry resigned for kagillion dollars and new supporting coaching staff with Casey at helm.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Not going to happen. Cue end of the year conference where Masai will say "I will be making an evaluation and will determined course of action" - most likely Carroll be shipped out of town, Lowry resigned for kagillion dollars and new supporting coaching staff with Casey at helm.
                          And just like 2 offseasons ago after they got swept by the Wiz, he'll probably say - we need to add a rim protector/defensive anchor inside.

We had one last year and you just let him walk away. Idiot.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I watch these games, and the last thing I think is Casey is screwing up.
                            Casey is not a good NBA head coach. Many of us have been saying that for years. Winning or not winning. I have never seen us being able to take the next step with Casey. Respectability sure, but championship level, no. With our roster we need all the help / any advantage we can getand mist nights we don't have a head coach advantage.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              DeMar isn't a bad defender.

This is exactly why I wanted to just drop this topic.
                              Demar is a bad defender. Do you think he is a good defender? If so, on what basis?

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                                We play Bulls or Heat and we're definitely losing.

I'd say the silver lining is that Casey will finally be let go, but I said that last year and clearly Masai's inexplicable level of loyalty trumps all rational decisions.
                                There is time now. We have a decent roster. We shouldn't waste a season. Fire Casey now! There are enough games left to save the season and make the ECF. I agree that this is an ECF roster. I do not believe we have a top 4 coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X